Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Issues with atak zimmerit
Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeby ZackM Today at 9:37 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 9:09 pm

» Churchill Crocodile
Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:55 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:20 pm

» Last order of TARR smokers...
Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeby Smittyburger Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:14 pm

» Stug (why can't i have a 4 letter title)
Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:52 pm

» WHAT IS THIS?
Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeby MikeC Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:35 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeby Maczek Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:50 pm

Top posting users this month
MikeC
Painting Exhaust Hood I_vote_lcapPainting Exhaust Hood I_voting_barPainting Exhaust Hood I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
Painting Exhaust Hood I_vote_lcapPainting Exhaust Hood I_voting_barPainting Exhaust Hood I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck
mx_599

Painting Exhaust Hood

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

Painting Exhaust Hood Empty
PostSubject: Painting Exhaust Hood   Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 5:31 pm

I've considered getting a painting exhaust hood for a while. Tired of painting rattle can outside or the limited airbrush I've done in my basement. The problem I hemmed and hawed at was the sizes available and the price. Soooo. I've built one. It is 22 inches wide. 13.5 inches high. I still have to attach the bottom and that will extend 20 inches from the back. 6" hose in the back. My cost so far? $10 for the stack boot, 15 for the car cabin filter. All the rest came out of the metal dumper at work or had on hand.
Any suggestions on how to make this better??

Painting Exhaust Hood 1-8-2010
Painting Exhaust Hood 1-8-2011

Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Painting Exhaust Hood   Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 7:57 pm

Suggestion 1. Make Dean paint your tanks Smile

JK. Looks good. Honestly the filter is more for keeping the flammable bits out of the electric fan motor in the sucker fan. Buy a couple 12V "Booster" HVAC fans and hook them up to a 3c lipo (with alarm).
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Captain Action
of the Pan-Tiger Panzer Div.
Captain Action

PostSubject: Re: Painting Exhaust Hood   Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 11:39 pm

You can use a kitchen fan hood , hook it up to a 110 power cord ( more power) cover the hood  filter intake with a free flowing disposable filter material to catch paint so the motor bearings don't get gummed up.
Make a wood box to sit it on top of.
You could buy a cheap one or find one that some one is changing out during a Reno ..or keep you eye out during garbage day you may come across one..
If you know a place that does kitchen renos you could ask them if they come across one.
I have build three paint booths like this in the past.
Good luck

Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: Painting Exhaust Hood   Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 5:33 pm

I had thought of the old stove hood. Pretty good idea actually. I didn't have access to an old one at this time though. You would have good light from that as well!
As for the hose, this one gets hooked to a dryer hose and fan that exhausts out the side of my shed. The fan has a variable output up to 630 cfm. The same hose I use in the shed when running mowers and motors.

Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Painting Exhaust Hood   Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 10:27 pm

treemagnet
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Painting Exhaust Hood   Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 2:13 pm

I made one out on a rubber maid tote and fan and used furnace filter cut up fo a filter works pretty good
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Painting Exhaust Hood   Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 3:35 pm

Airbrushler wrote:
i have been wanting to make one myself seen them online and on banggood 

Painting Exhaust Hood 39f0c41a-3d7d-4f91-abc0-0c0b417fe170https://www.banggood.com/Portable-Hobby-Airbrush-Paint-Spray-Booth-Kit-Exhaust-Filter-Extractor-Set-Model-p-1525765.html?rmmds=search

I had one of these when they were like $60 on Aliexpress now they are over $100-$200 each. They are good for 1/35 scale but a tad to small for 1/16. Usually I have to paint them in pieces. You can in theory join two of these together but then the depth becomes the issue.

Junked mine when I moved.
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: Painting Exhaust Hood   Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 6:55 pm

I had seen them. Yeah. $100+ US. And only 16". That is why I made mine 22" wide. How useful was the turn table that came with it?

Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Painting Exhaust Hood   Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 11:40 pm

The turntable is too small for 1/16. Didn't use it at all.
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: Painting Exhaust Hood   Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 11:43 am

Kinda what I thought. Meant for cakes.

Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: Painting Exhaust Hood   Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 9:19 pm

Finally finished the install for the paint hood. Works good. Ready to paint.

Painting Exhaust Hood 1-18-211
Painting Exhaust Hood 1-18-210

Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Painting Exhaust Hood   Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2020 11:33 am

Wow that is some serious stuff. Very nice. Wish I can do something like that !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting Exhaust Hood   Painting Exhaust Hood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting Exhaust Hood

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1