Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Issues with atak zimmerit
Custom Switch Bridge Icon_minitimeby ZackM Yesterday at 9:37 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Custom Switch Bridge Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:09 pm

» Churchill Crocodile
Custom Switch Bridge Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:42 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Custom Switch Bridge Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:55 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Custom Switch Bridge Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:20 pm

» Last order of TARR smokers...
Custom Switch Bridge Icon_minitimeby Smittyburger Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:14 pm

» Stug (why can't i have a 4 letter title)
Custom Switch Bridge Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:52 pm

» WHAT IS THIS?
Custom Switch Bridge Icon_minitimeby MikeC Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:35 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Custom Switch Bridge Icon_minitimeby Maczek Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:50 pm

Top posting users this month
MikeC
Custom Switch Bridge I_vote_lcapCustom Switch Bridge I_voting_barCustom Switch Bridge I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
Custom Switch Bridge I_vote_lcapCustom Switch Bridge I_voting_barCustom Switch Bridge I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck
mx_599

Custom Switch Bridge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Custom Switch Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Custom Switch Bridge   Custom Switch Bridge Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 7:17 am

If you've seen my upgrading for my tanks you know that I like organized wiring and a semblance of neatness internally on my tanks.
However, sometimes I need a break from fixing up my own tanks and I get requests from some of my good friends/tankers who want some custom designed items for their tanks.

So when Dean asks me to rebuild the internal electronics for his wife's Sherman tank, I say yes! Dean's Sherman's always have their front hatches open for access to switches, except they are mounted in the upper hull which makes for a PITA when removing the upper hull. And Dean is a modeller and an artist. He is not borderline obsessive on organizational routing like I am.

Enter my fun zone. Designing and building... Huzzah!

Custom Switch Bridge Receiv11
Three design iterations for a Switch Bridge for his Mato Sherman... Top is initial concept, bottom is final design. Note the addition of screws for an assembly.
And to many they may ask why make it complicated by making it an assembly? Answer to follow.

Custom Switch Bridge Receiv10
Trial fit. Showing the epoxied in-place Mato specific Clark TK-2x/40 tray 3D printed (Provisions for mounting dual 25mm fans, but since this is using a TK-20, no real need).
Cheapo tube bender for showing the height of the switch bridge above the sponson floor (top of lower hull).
Also a 3D printed Speaker box just behind that. Volume control, Smoker toggle, and main power toggle switches on the bridge.

Custom Switch Bridge Receiv12
From this angle it is a bit easier to see why the final iteration of the switch bridge is an assembly. When the vertical parts are epoxied in place, the top can be removed if you need to service switches, or replace the drive motors. Glad I thought of that before epoxying the 2nd iteration into place.

Custom Switch Bridge Receiv13
When the upper hull is in place, the switches and volume potentiometer are just at your fingertips.
Once the complete lower is done I'll post more images of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: Custom Switch Bridge   Custom Switch Bridge Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 11:12 am

That looks great. The addition of the second functional hatch makes it all seem to come together.
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Custom Switch Bridge   Custom Switch Bridge Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 12:43 pm

Very cool Mike

Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: Custom Switch Bridge   Custom Switch Bridge Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 4:42 pm

Very nice! Smile

Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Custom Switch Bridge   Custom Switch Bridge Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 6:40 am

Custom Switch Bridge P7220810
While I do not have a starting point image of the current tank. The next tank is a typical setup of Dean's.
Beautiful on the outside, a tad haphazard internally. This is the next Mato Sherman to get similar treatment/upgrading by me.
Yes those are lego/building blocks that hold the upper to the lower... (Not my doing Smile)

Custom Switch Bridge P7100811
So we'll backtrack a bit. The gutted Mato Sherman with the Clark TK-2x/40 tray installed.
Provisions for mounting dual 25mm fans, but since this was a TK-20, not needed.

Custom Switch Bridge P7100812
The highly technical concept arrangements. Battery pack and HL Speaker are being used as concept place holders while I awaited the actual speaker and Tarr smoker to install. That high-tech popsicle stick being used to determine the switch bridge dimensions and layout.

Custom Switch Bridge P7220812
Finalized locations and installation. I like my routing to be clean as F%^$. Just awaiting some brass tubing and a tube bender for finishing the smoker plumbing.
If I'm going to do it, I'm going to make it well (I hope)...

Custom Switch Bridge P7220811
Finalized lower with 3D printed trays and organizers. (That is a bridge mounted tray for a Clark TK-60 in the background)

Custom Switch Bridge P7160810
The Switch bridge uprights have multiple mounting provisions. They can be epoxied to the hull, screwed down or even held on by 5mm x 3mm magnets.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Custom Switch Bridge   Custom Switch Bridge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 7:45 pm

LOL... Finished the Lower hull of Anita 2...
Let me tell you that it IS a sexy beast inside...

Custom Switch Bridge P8100810
Yes those are brass tubes, bent to accommodate the Velcro installed Smoker.

Custom Switch Bridge P8100811
Battery area will fit almost everything including a standard hardcase LiPo. Success!
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Custom Switch Bridge   Custom Switch Bridge Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 10:08 pm

Haphazard? You are too kind....  Razz Razz Razz

In all fairness that one was unit testing so I had not done my haphazard clean up before giving to you... Very Happy

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Switch Bridge   Custom Switch Bridge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Switch Bridge

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1