Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Issues with atak zimmerit
Sherman exterior "upgrades" Icon_minitimeby ZackM Yesterday at 9:37 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Sherman exterior "upgrades" Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:09 pm

» Churchill Crocodile
Sherman exterior "upgrades" Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:42 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Sherman exterior "upgrades" Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:55 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Sherman exterior "upgrades" Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:20 pm

» Last order of TARR smokers...
Sherman exterior "upgrades" Icon_minitimeby Smittyburger Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:14 pm

» Stug (why can't i have a 4 letter title)
Sherman exterior "upgrades" Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:52 pm

» WHAT IS THIS?
Sherman exterior "upgrades" Icon_minitimeby MikeC Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:35 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Sherman exterior "upgrades" Icon_minitimeby Maczek Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:50 pm

Top posting users this month
MikeC
Sherman exterior "upgrades" I_vote_lcapSherman exterior "upgrades" I_voting_barSherman exterior "upgrades" I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
Sherman exterior "upgrades" I_vote_lcapSherman exterior "upgrades" I_voting_barSherman exterior "upgrades" I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck
mx_599

Sherman exterior "upgrades"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Sherman exterior "upgrades" Empty
PostSubject: Sherman exterior "upgrades"   Sherman exterior "upgrades" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 8:15 am

So I was just recently discussing with Dean how crews of Sherman's continuously added "protection" to their tanks, despite regulations and orders from higher ups...

I decided to take a look at some of the mods that were performed (Not necessarily in WWII)

M4A3 "Tokyo Express" - Iwo Jima
Sherman exterior "upgrades" M4a3_t10
Yes those are nails welded to the hatches and other surfaces.

M4 Composite "392nd Avenger"
Sherman exterior "upgrades" M4_com10
When you have a plethora of 1" plate laying around and a depot welder who just obeys instructions...

Sherman exterior "upgrades" M4_imp11
Officially we break a lot of tracks during our operation.... Honestly the terrain eats them all the time...

Sherman exterior "upgrades" M4_imp12
This reminded me of a certain member's Sherman, only to the extreme... How many sandbags are on this tank. Successful count gets you a cookie!

Sherman exterior "upgrades" M4_imp10
Note the "Do Not Strip" markings on the application armor? After Patton discovered the improvised armor plates, they were ordered to be removed during maintenance, the added mass was killing logistics on fuel consumption. Of course, if it was labeled, do not strip, it was not removed as it must be there for a reason. Right?

Sherman exterior "upgrades" M4_imp13
Just practising our trowelling skills... No Sir, we are making a mold for the cast hull version... Guess they had a lot of downtime to mix that much concrete and have it cure/harden properly...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Negaduck
Captain
Captain
Negaduck

PostSubject: Re: Sherman exterior "upgrades"   Sherman exterior "upgrades" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 10:49 pm

163 now where is my damn cookie

Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: Sherman exterior "upgrades"   Sherman exterior "upgrades" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 3:54 pm

Without some kind of attaching studs or structure, I would think that concrete would crack and flake off in pretty quick order. The Pilsbury Sherman. Hee heee

PostSubject: Re: Sherman exterior "upgrades"   Sherman exterior "upgrades" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sherman exterior "upgrades"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1