Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 5:42 pm

» Hello new here
TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 5:38 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC I_vote_lcapTAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC I_voting_barTAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC I_vote_lcapTAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC I_voting_barTAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Negaduck
Smittyburger

TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ukiewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ukiewolf

TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Empty
PostSubject: TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC   TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 2:24 pm

Hey Mike C.  I don't know if you remember me.  I bought that ZTZ 99 from you a couple of years ago.
I have now bought from Kaptain Jack his Tamiya Tiger 1 and will be picking it up tomorrow (Jan 22/21).  Unfortunately it needs an IR system and a controller.  My question is, that fancy controller with the video feature that came with the ZTZ 99, can it be programed and bound to the Tamiya Tiger so that I can use the same controller to work on both tanks (not at the same time)?
If I need a new controller, where can I get one or put out feelers to the club?
Also, same goes for the IR system.
Thanks Mike.
Back to top Go down
Ukiewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ukiewolf

PostSubject: Re: TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC   TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 2:41 pm

Also, how many channels should I be getting on a controller?
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC   TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 2:45 pm

Peter I posted a reply on the other thread. For Tamiya you only need a 4 Channel radio. The DEVO7 is either a 7 channel radio I believe if that's the one  I sold you. If not it might be a Devo F4 which is 4 channel and will work with Tamiyas.
Back to top Go down
kaptain Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
kaptain Jack

PostSubject: Re: TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC   TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 8:24 am

Peter, you shouldn't say: I just bought from Jack ! YOu never did! you asked for the last year posted price and I agreed, but when you showed up you complained that the tank is PLASTIC and you THOUGHT it was all metal you also didn't like Tamiya gearbox the fact that few of the gears are plastic (Tamiyas by design). When you commited to buy on the paper I also thought that its a done deal. You admired my paint job, saying thats what made you think it was all metal, Tamiya doesn't make metal tanks!  Good practice to ask before making offers and commiting to buy.
Back on the market. Beautifull Tiger1 Full option with IR port for $495.
Back to top Go down
Ukiewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ukiewolf

PostSubject: Re: TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC   TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 9:51 am

My apologies Jack.  I REALY was very excited and also thought it was a "done deal" about getting a TAMIYA at such a bargain price.  Since looking over your tanks, in retrospect, I should have asked so many more questions.  I guess the vintage of your Tamiya, YES, all was correct.  I have gone back to YouTube and watched other recent (2016 Bovington Build series) Tamiya kit builds and see that only the lower hull and wheels, gear boxes, bogies and tracks are metal and everything above that is indeed plastic.  Tamiya does continue to use plastic gears but in low stress areas such as the turret mechanisms.  360 degree rotation is also available.  I made some assumptions because it was a Tamiya Tank and again I apologize to Jack for my error.  Please forgive me. Embarassed Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
kaptain Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
kaptain Jack

PostSubject: Re: TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC   TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 9:57 am

No problem Peter. Its all straight now. We are still friends.
Dopobachenia.
Back to top Go down
Ukiewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ukiewolf

PostSubject: Re: TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC   TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 10:09 am

Oh. By the way.  A closer review of that 2016 Bovington Tamiya Tiger 1 build, the bogies (wheels) are NOT metal but plastic.  Here again I have to LISTEN and WATCH closely with my eyes and ears and forget what my heart wants.  Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC   TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TAMIYA TIGER 1 - asking MikeC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1