Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Miscellaneous Images 2024
New guy just starting out Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 10:26 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
New guy just starting out Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
New guy just starting out Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Hello new here
New guy just starting out Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
New guy just starting out Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
New guy just starting out Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
New guy just starting out Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
New guy just starting out Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
New guy just starting out Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
New guy just starting out I_vote_lcapNew guy just starting out I_voting_barNew guy just starting out I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
New guy just starting out I_vote_lcapNew guy just starting out I_voting_barNew guy just starting out I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

New guy just starting out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jayster
Recruit

New guy just starting out Empty
PostSubject: New guy just starting out   New guy just starting out Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2021 3:53 pm

diy things to do to keep an rc tank running correctly . New to the hobby need ideas and hints to take cate of my 1/16 HL tank. Thanks
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: New guy just starting out   New guy just starting out Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2021 4:25 pm

Basically drive it till it breaks, upgrade. Which HL tank do you have and where are you located? Lots of help here... :-)

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Jayster
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: New guy just starting out   New guy just starting out Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2021 4:36 pm

Hi,
Bought a 1/16 Heng Long Leopard 2A6 from Matomart. Very happy for my 2nd tank ( bought a used 1/24 scale HL Abram tank at a garage sale few years back). My question to you experience tankers is there anything I should do after each time I run my tank to keep it working condition. The manual I received with it lacks any guidance and trying to find any basic knowledge on the web is sparse.
Thank you - Jayster
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: New guy just starting out   New guy just starting out Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2021 8:16 pm

Just a couple of tips. I'm sure others can add to or have their own methods.
1. Find a suitable material to store your tank on so it is off the suspension. Some people use blocks of wood. I use cut pieces of foam just thick enough to raise the hull so the tracks hang down. Relaxing the spring tension, especially when you get heavier tanks, means a lot for longevity.
2. We sometimes run our tanks in dirty/dusty environments. Do your best to clean all this debris off after every run. I usually start with blowing them of with air from my air compressor. Canned air is good too but cost escalates. Try your best to get leaves, grass and mud out of your tracks. Mud = bad.
3. A lot of us lubricate our gearboxes. Depending on the material of gears, different lube can be used. I only lube my gears once a year. Unless they got wet, for some odd reason. Ha haa. Like getting flipped upside down into the river.  Shocked Laughing  For my metal gears I use 20W50 out of a dropper. Doesn't take much. Lubing also brings a new issue. It does tend to sling inside the tank if you've used too much. You will want to make some sort of splash shield.
Just a start. Cheers.  rambo rambo

Captain
Captain
Negaduck

PostSubject: Re: New guy just starting out   New guy just starting out Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 8:08 pm

ya i still have grass and dirt in my tracks, wheels and drive gears from the last year but thats with a mainly metal set-up. i try to blow them off but i end up being winded from it.

grease on the internal gears is always a good thing and making a dust cover is even better

Recruit

PostSubject: Re: New guy just starting out   New guy just starting out Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 3:41 pm

Thanks fellow RC tankers. Any advice is always welcomed. Right now I am adding DIY gear to the tank to add alittle more realism. I did notice that unlike plastic scale model building armor where more realism is needed to add to the the overall appearance , the rc group displayed on this web site and others seem to add their own personal touches to distinguish their tank from others. Also tips from scale model groups and gammers have provided me with a wealth of knowledge in terms of adding my own style to my tank. This is a great site.
Thanks - Jayster
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy just starting out   New guy just starting out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New guy just starting out

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1