Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 9:13 am

» Hello new here
Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:49 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Mato M36 Jackson I_vote_lcapMato M36 Jackson I_voting_barMato M36 Jackson I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Mato M36 Jackson I_vote_lcapMato M36 Jackson I_voting_barMato M36 Jackson I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Negaduck
Smittyburger

Mato M36 Jackson

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HiawathaPete
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2021 8:07 pm

Update:
Here is the tank painted & decked out with decals & accessories:
Mato M36 Jackson Dsc_0220

My new toy. Arrived yesterday from MatoMart. Gave it a brief functional test and took a couple pics...

Mato M36 Jackson Bykvsh11

Mato M36 Jackson Eeb5ep10

With a few accessories I received over the past few days, including some M10 decals from DGS Military Hobby...

Mato M36 Jackson 8bwuhs10

Still waiting on some Archer US Tank Destroyer Vehicle Markings and some Heng Long M4A3 decals. Together with the DGS decals & Woodland Scenics lettering, I'm planning to do up my tank to represent "Easy Tiger" - a restored U.S. M36 Tank destroyer residing in the UK:

From: https://images.beastsofwar.com/2018/10/80694205-easy-tiger-m36.jpgMato M36 Jackson 80694211

Last edited by HiawathaPete on Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:20 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2021 9:22 am

Very nice.......
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2021 2:34 pm

Nice. I would love to see the "guts" of that tank.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2021 3:00 pm

Noice...... cheers

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
HiawathaPete
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2021 1:07 pm

MikeC wrote:
Very nice.......

Thanks Mike! If I need some help or tips with this later on I might give you a shout (if it's ok with you)

Cheers,

Pete
Back to top Go down
HiawathaPete
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2021 1:12 pm

Jarlath wrote:
Nice. I would love to see the "guts" of that tank.

Thanks Jarlath!

Here's a pic with the upper hull removed. TK22 MFU - I've got a programmer/remote on order and a Tamiya IR battle system which you can see in the 2nd last pic above, but the stock IR receiver seems to work fine for now...

Mato M36 Jackson 4gvlzq10

Last edited by HiawathaPete on Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HiawathaPete
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2021 1:14 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:
Noice...... cheers

Thanks Dean! Nice M10 decal set, btw...
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2021 1:33 pm

HiawathaPete wrote:
MikeC wrote:
Very nice.......

Thanks Mike! If I need some help or tips with this later on I might give you a shout (if it's ok with you)

Cheers,

Pete
No problem. Anytime ! By the way I know the radio is MAto brand but it is compatible with Flysky 6 channel radio.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 10:38 am

The upper hull just sits on top of the lower? I don't see any magnets or latch system..
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 10:44 am

The front upper lip slides onto the lower, and the bracket at the back has a single bolt hole to tighten the whole thing. Because it was under the cover I ended up replacing it with a thumb bolt and it actually works quite well. The only problem is that the turret overhang stops you from opening the rear hatch to get to the bolt so you always have to get the turret out of the way before you can open up the lower.
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 12:17 pm

MikeC wrote:
The front upper lip slides onto the lower, and the bracket at the back has a single bolt hole to tighten the whole thing. Because it was under the cover I ended up replacing it with a thumb bolt and it actually works quite well. The only problem is that the turret overhang stops you from opening the rear hatch to get to the bolt so you always have to get the turret out of the way before you can open up the lower.

I mean, it works! As long as you have a battery in there and can turn it.. otherwise leave the tank 'unlocked' for storage Razz

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 1:05 pm

Yeah I just do the click click click thing on the turret to get it out of the way. Not good for the plastic clutch. You have to be careful though if you have the metal rotation unit it does NOT have a clutch. I kill couple of turret rings that way (Big Mike come to the rescue and printed me replacement ones).

Some Mato has charge port so in theory you never have to physically remove the battery. Don't remember if the M10/M36 has it or not.
Back to top Go down
HiawathaPete
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 1:51 pm

Jarlath, Mike,

My M36 came with a single takedown thumbscrew, rather than a bolt- FYI. Makes removing the upper hull real easy, unless the turret bustle is in the way.

Battery on my tank also has a separate charging connector that you can string through the engine hatch to avoid taking the tank apart to charge.
Back to top Go down
Captain Action
of the Pan-Tiger Panzer Div.
Captain Action

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 11:27 pm

Nice Tank , cant wait to see it on the field.

Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 7:27 pm

Captain Action wrote:
Nice Tank , cant wait to see it on the field.

Thanks Captain Action! Hope to be able to make it up there to the KW (and Miss.) field in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Captain Action
of the Pan-Tiger Panzer Div.
Captain Action

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 11:59 pm

I appreciate you showing us the tank, I am vary interested in its set up and how it runs. 
It is a cool looking unit and because of the price range we do not see them as much as I would like.
Good For you  pirat

Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 2:15 pm

Captain Action wrote:
I appreciate you showing us the tank, I am vary interested in its set up and how it runs. 
It is a cool looking unit and because of the price range we do not see them as much as I would like.
Good For you  pirat

No problem Captain Action.

Out of the box, after charging (which you can do without removing the battery) & lubing the gears, the tank runs great. Only real issues so far:

After about an hour's running time it started throwing tracks. The tank was delivered with the track tensioners set on almost the most slack position possible (which some people like for realism). After adjusting the track tension (without making them guitar-string taught, just took up some of the slack) and tightening a loose drive sprocket it seems to run a lot better now.

I also find the extremely stout track recoil very cringe-worthy to say the least, so I have a Sony style remote/programmer on order that I will use to turn it off (tank has barrel recoil as well anyway).

Oh, and the controls took some getting used to (joystick functions are different from Heng-Long) and when you stop running the tank it's a good idea to make sure you can get at the power switch and disassembly thumbscrew under the engine grilles (the turret bustle kind of blocks them). And of course the price range...

All that being said, I would be lying if I did not think it was worth it. I'm partial to Allied tank destroyers and so far my M36 has already provided me with hours of enjoyment.

Here is a brief low quality video (see below). I've temporarily attached some stowage items as I'm playing around with accessory placement. Once I figure out where I'm going to put everything, I'll remove them before painting the tank.

Cheers, Pete

Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 2:29 pm

Even though just donuts but looks like it runs great !
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 2:36 pm

HiawathaPete wrote:

I also find the extremely stout track recoil very cringe-worthy to say the least, so I have a Sony style remote/programmer on order that I will use to turn it off (tank has barrel recoil as well anyway).

Yea, the "simulated track recoil" is such garbage... Very few tanks were designed that poorly/fast that the recoil wasn't compensated for. Otherwise guns would be ripping out of turrets...

A few select tanks (more like heavily armed tankettes) had recoil issues because of a lack of overall mass.
Back to top Go down
HiawathaPete
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 3:47 pm

Jarlath wrote:

Yea, the "simulated track recoil" is such garbage... Very few tanks were designed that poorly/fast that the recoil wasn't compensated for. Otherwise guns would be ripping out of turrets...

Because I'm still getting used to the controls, I had a couple unintentional "fire on the move's" - Yikes! I could almost feel my poor tank's pain... (which is why I'm getting the remote)

On my Heng Long 6.0's which don't have barrel recoil, I don't mind the track recoil as much. Have them all set to minimum recoil, mind you.

Last edited by HiawathaPete on Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HiawathaPete
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2021 3:59 pm

MikeC wrote:
Even though just donuts but looks like it runs great !

Thanks, it took a little work, so far so good - fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mato M36 Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mato M36 Jackson   Mato M36 Jackson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mato M36 Jackson

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1