Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Miscellaneous Images 2024
Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 10:26 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Hello new here
Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Long winter - No inventory ! I_vote_lcapLong winter - No inventory ! I_voting_barLong winter - No inventory ! I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Long winter - No inventory ! I_vote_lcapLong winter - No inventory ! I_voting_barLong winter - No inventory ! I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Negaduck
Smittyburger

Long winter - No inventory !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Long winter - No inventory ! Empty
PostSubject: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 10:03 am

Wow just check AAF and they have no Tamiya of any kind in stock. Was thinking of a Type 10 for the winter. Now the best chance is the Centurion if you pre-order from some dude in Japan.
Back to top Go down
hachleopard2
Captain
Captain
hachleopard2

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 2:05 pm

What happen to your Cross RC HC6?
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 2:08 pm

Still have it. Lots on the shelf (only two Tammy) but was surprised that there is not a single Tamiya available at AAF before Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 12:10 pm

My latest Tamiya build has been stopped dead in it's tracks for a couple of weeks while I wait for my zimmerit kit to come by the extreme slow boat from Atak. I think they use ground so a sea voyage from Gdansk with no tracking number. Laughing  The only WW2 Tamiya kits out there seem to be the Jagdpanzer and Pershing ones with constantly yo-yo ing by Ebay sellers between lowering the price but then jacking the shipping up in some cases to $300US Long winter - No inventory ! 1f610
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2021 12:58 pm

AAF e-mailed me yesterday as they now have a few King Tigers in stock. Natasha said the only kits she can get anymore are the Leopard, Tiger 1 ,KT and the Sheridan and I imagine everyone who builds Tamiyas has already built them. But just a heads up that they have some kits in stock now
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2021 11:09 pm

Thanks for the info. Might have to go across the pond, the other pond to get one then.
Back to top Go down
Ukiewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ukiewolf

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2021 2:40 pm

Motion RC also still has the same limited inventory of Tamiya Kits - Abrams, Tiger 1 & King Tiger.

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 2:54 pm

Well pick up this one on eBay from the Land of the Rising Sun. $450USD + $15 USD Shipping. The usual Display model from Tamiya EXCEPT this one comes with one motor (and the on/off switch) ! Saves me buying one from AAF. Everything else is basically there, so dip into my Tamiya parts bin and got the rest of the mechanical stuff  (recoil, rotation and elevation). So just need to add electronics and I am good to go for a fake Tamiya. This is how you do Tamiya on the cheap I guess.

Long winter - No inventory ! Img_3726
Long winter - No inventory ! Img_3727
Long winter - No inventory ! Img_3728
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 3:26 pm

Nice! Yea, if you can do it that way affordable for sure... Nice buy Michael!

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Ukiewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ukiewolf

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 6:37 pm

Hey Mike.  I still have the Tamiya KT motor with the bent shaft that I can let you have for some future consideration, if it will work for you.  Let me know.  Happy scrounging.   cheers

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2022 7:15 pm

Thanks for the offer Pete. That gearbox you had is beyond saving I think. Also I don't know if it will fit the PzIV. I have ordered the right side one I need from AAF already, along with some small pieces that I will need to put everything together. Now I just need to decide on the electronics. Probably IBU2U as per my usual hardware.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 6:11 am

MikeC wrote:
Thanks for the offer Pete. That gearbox you had is beyond saving I think. Also I don't know if it will fit the PzIV. I have ordered the right side one I need from AAF already, along with some small pieces that I will need to put everything together. Now I just need to decide on the electronics. Probably IBU2U as per my usual hardware.

LOL... By the time you have finished with your IBU and other upgrades, you could have bought a Tamiya Full Option! Smile

At least that PZ4 has the sloped engine deck and rear return roller location.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 10:40 am

I am very mindful of that....... Of course it being out of production means there is no price comparison right now, not even AAF, but it is totally opportunity cost and not for everyone. I have $200 worth of Tamiya parts that is sitting here swatting flies so that helps. So far my actual outlay other than the tank itself is the right side gearbox from AAF and I also got the speaker which I really didn't need to for a total of $150 USD. I will be happy if I can keep it under $800 USD cash out for me.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 1:11 pm

I've searched for at least 6 months for a FO Tamiya Panzer IV and the static kits are the only ones I've found except this from of all places Amazon. But that price is insane. If I had the necessary skill to have converted one from the static model I would have gone the same route but I've moved on

https://www.amazon.ca/control-operation-4-channel-battery-charger/dp/B00187OVVS/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2E1W2XJUVWOCJ&keywords=1%2F16+tamiya+rc+tank+panzer+iv+kit&qid=1642010979&sprefix=1%2F16+tamiya+rc+tank+panzer+iv+kit%2Caps%2C124&sr=8-7
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 4:08 pm

Its actually pretty simple as the static kits basically use the same bits. You basically just need to add the mechanical stuff and the electronics. You can probably put one together from a static kit and selectively grab parts from AAF. At the end it will end up more than a FO kit but still not at $1800.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 4:22 pm

MikeC wrote:
Its actually pretty simple as the static kits basically use the same bits. You basically just need to add the mechanical stuff and the electronics. You can probably put one together from a static kit and selectively grab parts from AAF. At the end it will end up more than a FO kit but still not at $1800.
Weird they only come with a left side gearbox. Do they just drive around in circles?
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 4:31 pm

There is a drive shaft that connects to the left side only gear box so it will go straight.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2022 12:16 pm

Forgot I have a PzIV L70 NIB in the garage. Maybe look into sharing the bottom with the electronics. So one bottom would just be a holder when not playing.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2022 12:22 pm

MikeC wrote:
Forgot I have a PzIV L70 NIB in the garage. Maybe look into sharing the bottom with the electronics. So one bottom would just be a holder when not playing.
How do you forget something like that? Long winter - No inventory ! 1f600  Long winter - No inventory ! 1f600  Long winter - No inventory ! 1f600
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2022 12:25 pm

Too many tanks that's why.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2022 1:05 pm

I have one coming and that will be my last Tamiya build. Had a lot of fun building the 2 KT's but I also realized I needed a smaller tank. Smallest of my 10 is either the Panther G or the KV-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long winter - No inventory !   Long winter - No inventory ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long winter - No inventory !

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1