Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 10:50 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 6:31 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 3:48 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 2:20 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Yesterday at 3:46 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 pm

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Icon_minitimeby MikeC Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:01 pm

» Work an Play Day April 6th!
Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:39 am

» Dragon 1/6 M4 Sherman 76mm
Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Icon_minitimeby MikeC Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:09 am

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? I_vote_lcapHeng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? I_voting_barHeng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? I_vote_lcapHeng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? I_voting_barHeng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
MikeC
Chimo
treemagnet
AngryMonkey
Hilario

Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VFX-Rob
Private

Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Empty
PostSubject: Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions?   Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2021 4:55 pm

Hi all,

Well, as stated, I have one of "those" and although I love many things about it, the electronics are not one of them when it comes to slip rings and anything pertaining to wires running into the turret. As some of you may know, what starts out as two wires from the controller turns into a mess of fine spaghetty wires at the slip ring. Trouble shooting this without a very precise wiring diagram is, IMHO, ridiculous.

So, I turn to you guys, the experts, as to what the best solution is so my stupid but attractive tank works properly. 

My optimum solution, from what I've gathered looking at replacement assemblies, would be a possible swap out of the controllers and barrel/infra-red assembly altogether. The thing is I see all these different aftermarket solutions that allow for variable speed turret turning and barrel raising, however knowing which one is the easiest and best to get, with proper instructions for install is somewhat difficult to surmise without someone with experience helping out with input. (I've written to two distributors of Clark products here in Canada, asking there advice as to the best solution using there products, but they have not responded and it's been a few weeks. Not encouraging for a possible purchase)

I just want this tank to be whole. The running gear is all upgraded, works well, etc. I am not married to the controller nor the electronics and don't mind paying for the swap out. For me, it's about having clear, concise instructions for said swap out so I'm not making guesses as to what goes where. (as plug and play as possible of course, even at a premium). 

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions?   Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2021 5:13 pm

Things I am inferring from your post.
- Elevation is not working (Can you hear a motor turning when you try and elevate the barrel? Or is there a clicking sound?)
- Slip rings means you have a 360 turret setup?
- IR/recoiling barrel assembly.

Elevation issues when everything else is working can only be a limited number of issues.
1. Elevation electrical wire has failed (usually by getting caught and pulled by something moving)
2. Elevation Unit has failed (less likely, but still happens)
3. Shorted out the control board elevation circuit (rarest fault)

We would need to know what version of HL tank it is first before starting to tell you how easy/difficult it would be to swap out controllers.

If you know, or post us images of the MFU (you would need to separate the upper/lower hulls for this) it would be a good start.

First question would be if you know which version of HL you have?

Newer ones are not as plug and play as older ones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
VFX-Rob
Private

PostSubject: Re: Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions?   Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2021 8:41 pm

Thanks for responding! 
I realize now I did not give you enough info. I already checked the control board and know the problem isn't there, so that's good. 

When the barrel stopped working, it just started to slow down until it stopped. then nothing, no noises, no motors clicking or whining. It just slowed to a stop and that was it.

I think now, based on the answers from Matomart, that I am going to have to check every single wire individually for a break. Let me know what you think and I can post more images of anything you would want to see. 

Thanks! 

Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? 20211211
Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? 20211210
Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Anothe10
Back to top Go down
VFX-Rob
Private

PostSubject: Re: Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions?   Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2021 8:45 pm

Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Unknow10
Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Slip_r10
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions?   Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2021 12:30 am

Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Captur10

Elevation up and down are controlled by CN4 on the MFU. so trace those wires to the 360 swivel and then to the other side. Wire colours should match up on both sides of the commutator (swivel).

Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Unknow11
I used you image. The elevation unit is marked. Where the arrow shows should have 2 wires attached to a small motor that is part of the elevation unit.

Again you may have to trace the colours to their corresponding connectors on the MFU.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions?   Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2021 12:31 am

HL 6.0 MFU connections.

Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Heng_l14
Back to top Go down
VFX-Rob
Private

PostSubject: Re: Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions?   Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2021 1:33 am

Yes, I have those diagrams. The problem is that they do not include a detailed diagram for how these connections going through the slip ring suddenly turn into a multi colored spaghetti of wires. Thanks for pointing out the unit, however based on my pic, it looks like there are no wires connected to that. Again it comes down to the fact that there is no baseline diagram of what color wires connect to what parts, so, like you've suggested, I have to really take it apart and trace every wire and making sure they match and hope I do it right. I just don't understand why no wiring diagram is not available or included for all the wires that exit the slip ring. I wouldn't have to guess and hope, I would just know. Really too bad.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions?   Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heng-Long T-90 barrel up/down motion not working. Solutions?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1