Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Battleday Sept. 28th!
Super Pershing Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Yesterday at 9:00 am

» Tamiya paint ban
Super Pershing Icon_minitimeby Shoveler74 Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:35 pm

» Another PZIII
Super Pershing Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:19 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Super Pershing Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:04 am

» Another day at Tank Field in Mississauga
Super Pershing Icon_minitimeby hachleopard2 Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:08 pm

» JS7 - World of Tank favorites........
Super Pershing Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:17 am

» For Sale: 1/16 Scale RC M4A3 Sherman Firefly
Super Pershing Icon_minitimeby HiawathaPete Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:42 pm

» 1/16 Tank crews
Super Pershing Icon_minitimeby MikeC Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:05 pm

» Cults has a M3 Grant now
Super Pershing Icon_minitimeby MikeC Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:08 am

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Super Pershing I_vote_lcapSuper Pershing I_voting_barSuper Pershing I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
treemagnet
Shoveler74
Chimo
Maczek
ZackM

Super Pershing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Super Pershing Empty
PostSubject: Super Pershing   Super Pershing Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2024 2:30 pm

Finally got myself a properly done Super Pershing, courtesy of Zach M who got all the bits together, the base Tamiya Pershing courtesy of Tom H from UK, and the Super Pershing bits from Carson at DKLM which I also noticed parts are no longer available on his website. Zach also got the Impact track to complete the build. Always wanted one and here it is !

Super Pershing Img_5319
Super Pershing Img_5318
Super Pershing Img_5317
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Super Pershing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Pershing   Super Pershing Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2024 4:33 pm

Looks nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Abteilung 506
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Super Pershing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Pershing   Super Pershing Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2024 5:14 pm

Very nice!. Okay everybody with a King Tiger bring it for Mike's Super Pershing debut at the field Super Pershing 1f600
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Super Pershing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Pershing   Super Pershing Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2024 5:16 pm

Are the boards the stock Tamiya?
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Super Pershing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Pershing   Super Pershing Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2024 5:36 pm

Abteilung 506 wrote:
Are the boards the stock Tamiya?

Stock Tamiya everything other than the barrel and the Super Pershing cosmetic bits on the outside and the metal Impact tracks. Probably about the best base and parts that you can wish for in a Super Pershing built. I have to give credit to Zach again as he went all out on this one despite my advice otherwise when he was collecting bits and building it....... Little did I know that I would end up buying it off him.

The only weird thing is that the elevation spring was super tight. When I hook it up on the barrel was basically aiming for airplanes and I can't get it to a reasonable level. I have removed it now, but might put in a less strong spring. Never seen that in a Tamiya before. Usually they are weak and springy.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Super Pershing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Pershing   Super Pershing Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2024 6:13 pm

How hard was it to get the turret wiring right? I have always heard the Pershing is a bit of a nightmare even by the usual Tamiya rat's nest standards. Or did you not use the muzzle flash which certainly cleans things up
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Super Pershing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Pershing   Super Pershing Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2024 6:20 pm

I have to extend the standard Tamiya flash as the length of the barrel is like twice the usual length. Everything else is stock. The base didn't have lights and I am not going to bother fitting it in. The upper seems to mount differently to the lower than I remember, but it is all good.

The inside has no room whatsoever. I have to do some shifting around just to fit everything, but that's the usual Tamiya fare like you said.

I like my flash and I have a spare one lying around luckily. The kit didn't come with one and no doubt is because of the length of the barrel.
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

Super Pershing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Pershing   Super Pershing Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2024 7:34 pm

Very nice Mike!

Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Super Pershing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Pershing   Super Pershing Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2024 9:30 pm

I'm glad you like it! Was definitely a project of love but it turned out great if I do say so myself! Lol hope you enjoy it and if you ever decide to sell I'd like it back! 😉
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Super Pershing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Pershing   Super Pershing Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2024 11:04 pm

MikeC wrote:
I have to extend the standard Tamiya flash as the length of the barrel is like twice the usual length. Everything else is stock. The base didn't have lights and I am not going to bother fitting it in. The upper seems to mount differently to the lower than I remember, but it is all good.

The inside has no room whatsoever. I have to do some shifting around just to fit everything, but that's the usual Tamiya fare like you said.

I like my flash and I have a spare one lying around luckily. The kit didn't come with one and no doubt is because of the length of the barrel.
One thing I've learned with the Tamiyas is that the ones with the really crazy tight wiring clearances work until you add the tbu and emitter wire. Then the fun starts. They give you especially on the smaller tanks a massive length of thick wiring/ballast for the flash and then the absolute minimum emitter wire length to the point it's as tight as a guitar string and the tbu wire is hardly flexible at all. That's why now when the Tamiya muzzle flashes fail I remove them and don't replace. Not only are they ridiculously expensive everything else works better without them installed
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Major
Major
Hammertime999999999

Super Pershing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Pershing   Super Pershing Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 6:18 am

Looks great!!!
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Major
Major
Hammertime999999999

Super Pershing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Pershing   Super Pershing Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 6:26 am

Imagine the barrel stab on that beast!
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Super Pershing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Pershing   Super Pershing Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 8:31 am

Hammertime999999999 wrote:
Imagine the barrel stab on that beast!
I'm imagining MikeC running into everything with that swordfish like barrel!

The Super Pershing's 90mm gun barrel was almost 6' longer than the standard Pershing.

Hey MikeC, didn't you also make a Super Pershing a decade ago (ish)?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Super Pershing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Pershing   Super Pershing Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 9:16 am

Good memory you got there Jarlath. I did mod my first Tamiya Pershing with the long barrel gun but without all the additional field added armour and the two additional springs. So technically it is modeled as the limited production M26E4 that never saw action in WWII. 

There is two prototype E4 based on E1 with field added Panther amours. One could argue that maybe there are the only ones should be called Super Pershing.

I think when I did it last Carson from DKLM didn't have the Super Pershing kit yet and I am not skilled enough to DIY it. 

And yes I will be running into everything everywhere on the field.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Super Pershing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Pershing   Super Pershing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Pershing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1