Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 8:08 am

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 7:26 am

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 6:31 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 pm

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeby MikeC Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:01 pm

» Work an Play Day April 6th!
Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:39 am

» Dragon 1/6 M4 Sherman 76mm
Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeby MikeC Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:09 am

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card I_vote_lcapWayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card I_voting_barWayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card I_vote_lcapWayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card I_voting_barWayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
treemagnet
AngryMonkey
Chimo
Hilario

Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lincs Winks Wayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Empty
PostSubject: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 1:46 pm

I have finally tossed my Horton CBI Engineering business cards and made a Legion /Lincoln and Welland / Army Cadets / Can-Am Business card, so now I can flood the market with my stuff.
Here are some pictures of my T-55
Wayne

Wayne[img]Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Lastscan_zps18d1c46f[/img][img]Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card T-55001_zpsed255b05[/img][img]Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card T-55010_zps026cc15d[/img][img]Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card T-55008_zps63831c9f[/img][img]Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card T-55006_zps828ceee8[/img][img]Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card T-55006_zps828ceee8[/img]
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 6:16 pm

Looking good, Wayne!

How do you find the kit?

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Lincs Winks Wayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 7:12 pm

Stince wrote:
Looking good, Wayne!

How do you find the kit?
They have fixed a couple of the problems they had on the previous run, but a lot of the pc's on plastic sprues are bad, few of the tabs fit the slots or holes, numbers are incorrect and some pieces are impossible to break off or cut off the sprue without destroying the piece.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:04 pm

That's odd how the Elefant is produce so much better, yet they are form the same company. I found the parts on the Elefant fit petty good with out much clean up.

Well keep up the good work, and don't forget to post some more pictures! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:51 am

Looks good Wayne. I see you even painted the stand olive , very professional operation you are running .
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Painted Stinger Stand...whoot...looks good. I guess I need to paint mine. I just finished making one for Glen, who's next..lol

Can-Am Tank Club <<< Web site link

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member2.html
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:05 pm

Stinger wrote:
Painted Stinger Stand...whoot...looks good. I guess I need to paint mine. I just finished making one for Glen, who's next..lol

Ian, with all your tanks I somehow invisioned you had scaled overhead crane Smile
Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:11 pm

hmmmmm...not a bad idea....workin on it (after my trailer)

Can-Am Tank Club <<< Web site link

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member2.html
kaptain Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
kaptain Jack

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 3:48 pm

I went through same ordeal with poorly molded parts, you can clearly see the old and the new production ,forget about perfect fitting,lots of filing drilling and cutting, the other, final, problem is to fit all the electronics and battery (I had to go with heli. lipo). The end result is nice,but what a headache. I will wait for Hooben to improve the quality before I'll try to build another one.
Back to top Go down
Lincs Winks Wayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 4:38 pm

I am progressing on my build but I am on HOLD !! the part that everything in the turret bolts to broke apart at the three bolting tabs and Curtis at Immortal Hobbies is trying to get a replacement from Hooben.
I dare not hold my breath since time for shipping and the fact that the part was wrongly numbered in three different locations makes me suspicious.

Wayne
[img]Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card T-55045_zps3b45ee36[/img][img]Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card T-55044_zps9c00b2e1[/img][img]Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card T-55043_zps5b252130[/img][img]Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card T-55042_zps741c87d1[/img][img]Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card T-55041_zps3154c284[/img][img]Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card T-55040_zps3cdd8e78[/img][img]Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card T-55039_zps3491094d[/img][img]Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card T-55038_zps9e8f3235[/img]
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 4:58 pm

Looks good, Wayne! thumbs up

I like all the stowage, no beer cooler though. No
Where did you get the cameo nets?

Back to top Go down
real_hulu
Sergeant
Sergeant
real_hulu

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:01 pm

Wayne, Are you sure you install the first road wheel correctly?
It is definitely not in right position.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:08 pm

Good eye Hulu, the first road wheel on the left side is closer to the idler, then the right side.

Back to top Go down
kaptain Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
kaptain Jack

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:22 pm

Welcome to the Hooben world, the suspension on the tank is very stiff,the wheel didn't re trucked,hence looks to close.
Back to top Go down
Lincs Winks Wayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:19 pm

real_hulu wrote:
Wayne, Are you sure you install the first road wheel correctly?
It is definitely not in right position.
There is no weight on the suspension it is sitting on a 2 x 4

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Lincs Winks Wayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:42 pm

[img]Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card 220px-T-55A_1_zps3e300c44[/img]

As in this sketch above, with weight on the suspension the space between wheels is odd and the first wheel is very close to the front sproket.
Both wheels ( left and right are identical ), but they have a double knuckle joint in the suspension and after some use should look closer to identical spacing.
Remember there is no weight on the suspension in the pictures

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Lincs Winks Wayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:28 am

Stince wrote:
Looks good, Wayne! thumbs up

I like all the stowage, no beer cooler though. No
Where did you get the cameo nets?

Build-A-Rama for nets and some other pieces.

Perhaps I will have to look for some Vodka- Coolers EH!! ( Bloody Caesers)

Wayne
Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 12:08 pm

Beautiful
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 1:03 pm

Hey Wayne, I'm gathering as much info as I can find to help you with your build here, here's what I have so far.

The HL / Clark pin layout for that 8-pin connector. It was German but I translated it as best I could & edited the picture for you.

Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Hc919610

Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card 8_pin_10

Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Tr508110

White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 5:30 pm

The kit looks great man! How is it to build? from what i seen so far it sounds like a Tamiya static model almost o.o

PostSubject: Re: Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card   Wayne's T-55  Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wayne's T-55 Construction and Legion Can-Am Business Card

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1