Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 11:31 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 6:31 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:46 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 pm

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:01 pm

» Work an Play Day April 6th!
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:39 am

» Dragon 1/6 M4 Sherman 76mm
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:09 am

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 I_vote_lcapTank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 I_voting_barTank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 I_vote_lcapTank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 I_voting_barTank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
MikeC
AngryMonkey
Chimo
treemagnet
Hilario

Tank Arrived Let the work start!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tomzag
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:13 pm

king tiger does, tiger 1 no issues at all. only first generation has gearbox problem. very rare to find a first gernation gearbox tho.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:04 pm

WT, you want the perfect tank that has no issues, well there is your problem.

EVERY TANK HAS ISSUES, THERE IS NO PERTECT RUNNING TANK!!!!

I big part of this hobby is the tinker wIth the tanks, so just get what you want because your going to eventually end up fixing it or upgrade some part any way.

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:10 pm

Stince wrote:
WT, you want the perfect tank that has no issues, well there is your problem.

EVERY TANK HAS ISSUES, THERE IS NO PERTECT RUNNING TANK!!!!

I big part of this hobby is the tinker wIth the tanks, so just get what you want because your going to eventually end up fixing it or upgrade some part any way.

Fair enough, ill see what i can get locally then make the choice with my funds i would be happy with any of the tamiya german tanks to build Smile

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:21 pm

What ever you choose, as long as you take your time and make it your own, you'll end up loving it.

My Panzer 3 was my first tank, six years ago and it still one of my favourites.
Im still not done tinkering with it.

Back to top Go down
Adman
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:01 pm

My Tamiya Tiger 1 build went really smoothly. I added idler support and an engine strut brace, but they are not needed.

And running it into a bridge, smashing it through a barn, and that crazy Can-Am river has proved it to be pretty durable.
Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:17 pm

Adman wrote:
My Tamiya Tiger 1 build went really smoothly. I added idler support and an engine strut brace, but they are not needed.

And running it into a bridge, smashing it through a barn, and that crazy Can-Am river has proved it to be pretty durable.

HEHEHE glad you had fun, ah what bridge did you run into?

Adman
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:40 pm

The biggest one lol
Back to top Go down
White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:47 pm

Adman wrote:
The biggest one lol

........Ok so i have limited my choices down to

Tiger 1
panther g
panzer 4

Lets see which i end up with.........

Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 12:26 am

Adman wrote:
The biggest one lol
not sure what one is the biggest one just wondering if it was the one i made...LOL

Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 12:31 am

this one?
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Img_2210

White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 12:44 am

*palm* i am starting to wonder how much scenery you guys go through......

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 12:53 am

The big bridge is the one just out side the town. tongue

Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 20130427_112749_zps30cc671b

Back to top Go down
White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 1:07 am

Wow do you guys leave that set up? Because if you left any of that here it would be gone in 10-15 minutes..... Hell we have people Korean gang signing the war memorials -_-

Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 8:50 am

[quote="Airbrushler"]this one?

That looks like the one. I probably ran into them all already.
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:01 pm

Running into bridges is still 10x better than running OFF the bridges...

White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:10 pm

Strato50 wrote:

Dibs to vist you guys & Be the first one to do that lol. (Oh we all know it would happen....)

Alright down to Three tanks guys!

King Tiger

Panther G

Panzer 4

Since i won't be RC battling till well....someone else gets a tank........

Captain
Captain
Negaduck

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Strato50 wrote:

better then my tank throwing a track before it gets on a bridge
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Negaduck wrote:
Strato50 wrote:

better then my tank throwing a track before it gets on a bridge

Hehe, I never asked or saw what actually happened, did you wreck a link on your KT?

White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 7:13 pm

Ok i should of asked this before but....HOW much damage do you guys do to your tanks each month???

General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 7:15 pm

Don't see many catastrophic failures really. Generally every so often a track link breaks or a pin comes out, sometimes an idler mount breaks off but not very often.

Ive seen a couple stripped out gearboxes around the club, a broken recoil servo, stripped turret rotation gears & bad batteries. Mind you, thats across 20-30 different tanks, things don't break TOO often, and if they do it's often driver error Wink

White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 7:29 pm

Strato50 wrote:
Don't see many catastrophic failures really. Generally every so often a track link breaks or a pin comes out, sometimes an idler mount breaks off but not very often.

Ive seen a couple stripped out gearboxes around the club, a broken recoil servo, stripped turret rotation gears & bad batteries. Mind you, thats across 20-30 different tanks, things don't break TOO often, and if they do it's often driver error Wink

Interesting, mmm Tamiya King Tiger $620 shipped i think thats a hell of a deal eh?

Captain
Captain
Negaduck

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 8:21 pm

Strato50 wrote:
Hehe, I never asked or saw what actually happened, did you wreck a link on your KT?

just just let go as it touched the bridge. never did have good luck with tamiya tracks on my king but i only broke 3 links that day thumbs up
i have plans to try and cast the links i keep breaking

White Tiger wrote:
Interesting, mmm Tamiya King Tiger $620 shipped i think thats a hell of a deal eh?

thats a hell of a deal for a tamiya. cost me over $1000.00 for my one and that was with a discount at the hobby store i worked in
Back to top Go down
White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Hmmmm i have been told to upgrade the KT kit..........maybe i should spend the extra 150 or the Panzer 4 or Panther?

Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:30 pm

All Tamiya kits will run well out of the box. Battling puts extra strain on the tank, and it might need a little something extra to make it more durable.

If you eventually want to battle it you'll need to pick up a battle unit. The Tamiya unit is $100. And you'll have to remeber that it takes more shots to kill a KT, vs a Panzer.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Hmmmm Ok so right out of the box for driving around the house\backyard would the King Tiger or Panther be better right out of the box? (I have no one to battle atm)

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tank Arrived Let the work start!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next