Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 9:42 pm

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 9:13 pm

» Miscellaneous Images 2024
Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 8:21 pm

» Hello new here
Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 5:38 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together I_vote_lcapRepairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together I_voting_barRepairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together I_vote_lcapRepairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together I_voting_barRepairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lincs Winks Wayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Empty
PostSubject: Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together   Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 1:18 pm

My son has two helicopters about 14" long that periodically breaks a skid.
Can someone educate me on products that melt two pieces of plastic together to make a strong bond.

Super glue works sometimes but not always.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together   Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 2:50 pm

it be hard to guess what kind of plastic it would be there are so many different types it could be,  try epxoy or depending on where it breaks i guess you could get a larger diameter tube to help in making it a bit stronger

Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Broken10

Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together   Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:01 am

Wayne,

For super strong bonds, I use Marine Epoxy. Has a long work time to get things into position and is indestructible. It's what I used to glue the two halves of the tank trailer I made. I have put lots of weight on this trailer and not so much as a bit of flex.

Available at Canadian Tire.

Stinger

Can-Am Tank Club <<< Web site link

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member2.html
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together   Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:30 pm

I use depending upon the plastic .....epoxy .....or sometimes I will use a combination of fiberglass and micro balloons and then reinforced .....the helis are like 3d birds or counter rotating ....I have made custom gear for mine if your interested its realy easy I can show ya
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together   Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:00 am

Hey Wayne,

I assume the tube is solid. Why not drill small hole in each piece and put a metal shaft in end and then use either crazy glue or 2 part epoxy. Won't break then! I use this idea on everything from figures to small bits on the tanks.

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
twain7
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together   Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 8:19 am

there is something that you can get at any auto parts store call plastic welder. it is a 2 part epoxy but man that stuff is awesome. i used it to repair a pool strainer that was being crushed from my friends pump (since she bought one that was to big for her pool). she was able to use it for months before she was able to buy a new strainer.
Back to top Go down
kaptain Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
kaptain Jack

PostSubject: Re: Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together   Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 3:25 pm

Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together 4CE71451-EC06-4FE5-BB93-0DD52078F5D0
This is the plastic weld, I been using for a while.Great stuff,melts plastic and evaporates almost instantly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together   Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Repairing plastic with a product that melts to pieced together

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1