Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
stand alone self triggered battle system Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Today at 12:49 pm

» Hello new here
stand alone self triggered battle system Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:49 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
stand alone self triggered battle system Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
stand alone self triggered battle system Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
stand alone self triggered battle system Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
stand alone self triggered battle system Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
stand alone self triggered battle system Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
stand alone self triggered battle system Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

stand alone self triggered battle system Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
stand alone self triggered battle system I_vote_lcapstand alone self triggered battle system I_voting_barstand alone self triggered battle system I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
stand alone self triggered battle system I_vote_lcapstand alone self triggered battle system I_voting_barstand alone self triggered battle system I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

stand alone self triggered battle system

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

stand alone self triggered battle system Empty
PostSubject: stand alone self triggered battle system   stand alone self triggered battle system Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 11:53 am

Its what the title says ...I'm lokking for a way to make a battle system work on our field for my flak 88 what I would like it to do is fire every time a tank triggers the photo cell kinda like a garage door safety stop ...how to make it work with a tamiya compatible battle system and it also has to recive 2 hits to disable the gun so if your good you can take out the arty gun and save your team ...any ideas
Back to top Go down
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: stand alone self triggered battle system   stand alone self triggered battle system Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:59 pm

I can help you make that happen. 
My first thought is the exact same as yours.Just have a light beam hooked to a relay, when the beam is broken it could trigger the relay which fires the 88.  This system is readily available with lots of automation companies that build robotic safety enclosures. When the beam is broken the relay triggers a shutoff on the machine.
Would not be hard to do at all, distance the beam would carry would be sufficient enough yet it would not cut a path clear across our field either making it fair.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: stand alone self triggered battle system   stand alone self triggered battle system Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Wouldn't it make more sense that you use a "narrow" motion sensor ? Then you don't need a reflector on the other end for the beam. The only problem is that if the tank stops in the motion detection range then the gun would stop firing.

Just a thought. I still think that it would be more realistic to be able to RC the 88.

Dougie, which Flak 88 do you have ? Just curious. I have the Denex metal one and has been thinking about converting it to RC.

MikeC
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: stand alone self triggered battle system   stand alone self triggered battle system Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 10:43 pm

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: stand alone self triggered battle system   stand alone self triggered battle system Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 7:43 am

I don't have the 88 yet I was pondering the metal one but there could be extencive work on the barrel and were the emitter would be mounted I was acualy looking at line drawings of the real 88 and taking measurement converting them to 1/16 scale and acualy seeing how easy it would be to make the gun my self that way I could incorporate RC into it as it is built and not have to hack up a 200 doller model ....I mean realy the flak 88 is not that complicated in its deployed possision
Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: stand alone self triggered battle system   stand alone self triggered battle system Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:39 am

That fellow at TankHobby did an amazing job. The greatest skill was for him to rifle out the barrel with a hand drill ! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: stand alone self triggered battle system   stand alone self triggered battle system Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:59 am

That was some steady hands but my goal is to make one that is not selective to what it fires uppon or who it fires upon ...long short of it is if you tip it off its Gona get ya ...the other thing is it will be able to be silenced by 2 frontal hits thus disabling the gun for a period but only frontal attack making it possible for the gun to get you in the process
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stand alone self triggered battle system   stand alone self triggered battle system Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stand alone self triggered battle system

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1