Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 9:42 pm

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 9:13 pm

» Miscellaneous Images 2024
Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 8:21 pm

» Hello new here
Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 5:38 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Soundproofing Air Compressor I_vote_lcapSoundproofing Air Compressor I_voting_barSoundproofing Air Compressor I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Soundproofing Air Compressor I_vote_lcapSoundproofing Air Compressor I_voting_barSoundproofing Air Compressor I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

Soundproofing Air Compressor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stince
General
General
Stince

Soundproofing Air Compressor Empty
PostSubject: Soundproofing Air Compressor   Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:02 pm

Now that winter is here my garage has become a walk-in freezer.  I would like to bring my air compressor in to do some airbrushing over the winter months with out pissing the off the wife too much.

Does anyone know of way I could cut the sound down and not have to sleep on the couch?  Very Happy 

If I build a box around it with foam siding, would that work?   Would I need a cooling fan if it's just running for short periods of time?

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Soundproofing Air Compressor   Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:57 pm

I had same issues long ago. Bought an air tank and good regulator. Filled tank during waking hours and brushed at night. If I ran out then I would go outside and just refill the tank but at 14 PSI a 1/2 decent sized tank will give you lots of time. Was a cheap way to go. 

You should be O.K. putting a sound box around it. Don't forget to get a high density rubber mat for it to sit on that will help too. Shouldn't need a fan.

What type of compressor are you using? I have a proper airbrush compressor now so no issues at all.

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Soundproofing Air Compressor   Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:22 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:

What type of compressor are you using? I have a proper airbrush compressor now so no issues at all.

I have two, a 20 gal one and a smaller Canadian Tire $60 special I use for airbrushing.

Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Soundproofing Air Compressor   Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:26 pm

What I would do if you don't want to spend a lot:

Take a look on kijiji for just a tank. You can pick them up dirt cheap. Then get the regulator to go with it but you need a good one that will allow you to change to low pressures and give you nice steady air. A water trap is a must to especially this time of year!

Or bite the bullet buddy and watch kijiji for air brush compressor. I have bought my last 2 for under $100 from girls who thought they could make a living doing nails! LOL!

Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Soundproofing Air Compressor   Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:28 pm

Thanks Dean, I'll do some looking around tonight.

Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Soundproofing Air Compressor   Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Trust me, it's worth it to have a proper compressor, just makes life easier all round!  Very Happy 
I can look up here for you too buddy. Lots more Lattishia's doing nail work! hehe

Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Soundproofing Air Compressor   Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:51 pm

It should be too much of a problem finding one here.

In Windsor, nail shops are like Tim Horton's, one on every corner!  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Soundproofing Air Compressor   Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:57 pm

Try doing a want ad too. That is how I got the one I have now. $100 came with a complete airbrush kit as well!
Good Luck!

Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Soundproofing Air Compressor   Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:14 pm

Or talk to me, and you can have the use of my spare airbrush compressor, to use over this winter. Sounds simple enough.

Stinger

Can-Am Tank Club <<< Web site link

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member2.html
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Soundproofing Air Compressor   Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:04 pm

Thanks for the offer Ian, but the commute is a killer! geek 

Let me see what I can find around here first, if nothing turns up I'll get a hold of you.

Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Soundproofing Air Compressor   Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:23 pm

Commute? It's called shipping. Sit in your lounge chair and sign for it. Dunno how much easier it can get than that. Heck, you won't have to leave your house. Let me know if you stuck, you have options.

Stinger

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Soundproofing Air Compressor   Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 7:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soundproofing Air Compressor   Soundproofing Air Compressor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soundproofing Air Compressor

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1