Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Opening day 2024 in the books!
taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Smittyburger Yesterday at 11:54 pm

» 21st Century Toys Kubelwagen German scout Car 1/6
taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby ZackM Yesterday at 3:31 pm

» FIRST BATTLEDAY OF THE YEAR!!!
taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby treemagnet Fri May 17, 2024 9:37 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Shoveler74 Fri May 17, 2024 7:07 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Fri May 17, 2024 2:06 pm

» Super Pershing
taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Fri May 17, 2024 9:16 am

» Looking for someone to paint a couple tanka!!!!
taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby ZackM Thu May 16, 2024 9:55 pm

» Aquino 2024 - Dinner Options!
taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Wed May 15, 2024 5:29 pm

» Radio Control Sherman Firefly 1c - Canadian Grenadier Guards, Normandy 1944 (Build & operation video)
taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby HiawathaPete Tue May 14, 2024 11:41 am

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 I_vote_lcaptaigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 I_voting_bartaigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 I_vote_lcaptaigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 I_voting_bartaigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Smittyburger
HiawathaPete
Shoveler74
ZackM
treemagnet

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Those grills are easier to use with this on since the volume control is in the driver's hatch instead of being accessed with a screwdriver through the grating.

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 11:59 am

Here's what I started with;

taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Tiger_11

As of Feb. 16, 2013;

taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Tiger_12

taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Tiger_13

taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Tiger_14

taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Tiger_15

taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Tiger_16

Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:50 pm

AWESOME, JUST AWESOME !

Can-Am Tank Club <<< Web site link

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member2.html
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:38 am

I have a problem with speed control with the Taigen Tiger.

Basically the power delivered to both motors is not the same through the whole speed range as the throttle is moved from the stopped position, to maximum speed.

It makes the tank difficult to steer in a starlight line as it speeds up or slows down.

I have run it on a Stinger test stand to observe its track movement, while I don't have a tachometer, the speed difference is easily observed by eye.

As you put it in forward in the slower speed range, both tracks appear to turn at the same speed.

When you give it more throttle, in the middle speed area, you can see one track going noticeably faster than the other.

At maximum speed, they look to go back to doing the same speed as each other, as near as I can seer.

I tried switching plugs, left to right, when this is done, the opposite track runs slow at mid-throttle; this means it is not mechanical or a motor problem.

If the problem was the same at all speeds, I could probably tune it out with the trim, but when I try that, it does not stay consistent through all speeds.

Observations;

The ESC was replaced but the problem is still there.

It isn't my radio because I just ran my King Tiger all over the basement floor at varying speeds and it drove perfectly.

Anyone run into something like this?

Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:51 am

Is this run on the RX18 ? If it is, I have a spare and we can try and swap it out to see if that's the issue.

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:26 am

Stinger wrote:
Is this run on the RX18 ? If it is, I have a spare and we can try and swap it out to see if that's the issue.

No, this is an SLU, latest batch that came in recently.

I have never seen this with an SLU before.

Last edited by Glen B on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:03 am

Can you measure the voltages comeing out of the SLU ? If they are truly different, you know your problem, switch out the SLU.

Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:11 am

No, I can't measure the voltage, I don't have the equipment and electronics are not my forte Embarassed

I have an email in to Hulu and am waiting on a reply.

General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:21 am

Well in this case, something I've helped me determine where the problem lies is to first tape a white piece of paper to the tracks. That will help you monitor the relative speeds more precisely.

I get the feeling the speed difference is probably more than anything I've seen in my tanks, but I do have a couple where I've had to find the happy medium with the trim settings... slightly left at slow speeds, slightly right at high speeds.

I just hope it's not something you'll have to learn to live with.

Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 6:20 am

Hulu replied to me with an emaied suggestion, which I will try this evening.

If it works, it is a simple adjustment.

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:26 pm

Hulu responded quickly and sent me this, but I was still not able to get it to run in a straight line at all speeds.

taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Run_st10

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:34 pm

A meeting of "tigers" Wink

taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Img_1310

Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:16 pm

Which is your Tigers' food dish , and what would you feed it anyway?
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Adman
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:46 pm

It seems the line has been drawn. Great pic!
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 7:08 pm

That is the Klein Tiger in the picture.

This is the King Tiger

taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Img_0710

But this would be the most deadly adversary looks harmless in this picture, but her motto is; "No retreat, NO quarter" Shocked

taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Img_1110

Last edited by Glen B on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:22 pm

Operational issues have been solved Very Happy Very Happy

I bought two SLU's from the latest batch, I installed the second one in the Taigen Tiger and it operates extremely well, now.

Hulu has asked ne to sent the first one back to him, there's something about an exorcism planned Wink

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   taigen - Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3