Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» How many Ontario Regiment shermans will be at Aquino this year?
Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Yesterday at 3:29 pm

» 1/6 Dragon Jeep Kit
Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 3:24 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Tue May 07, 2024 11:27 am

» Matomart Sale again
Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun May 05, 2024 10:59 pm

» TongDe New Tank
Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 5:48 pm

» Martin's PZ III combat god?
Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 9:39 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun May 05, 2024 1:52 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
Munich RC Club field I_vote_lcapMunich RC Club field I_voting_barMunich RC Club field I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
Munich RC Club field I_vote_lcapMunich RC Club field I_voting_barMunich RC Club field I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Smittyburger
Jarlath
Robert B. Marks
Negaduck
Maczek

Munich RC Club field

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Munich RC Club field Empty
PostSubject: Munich RC Club field   Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2023 12:22 pm

Had a chance last week to pay a quick visit to the Munich tank club's field. It's about 35 minutes out of the centre of town on the S-Bahn but is located right next to Grafing Bahnhof so really convenient. It had snowed that day and obviously they were finished for the winter but I found it interesting to see after watching their vids on the other sites. I suspect because it is so accessible in anywhere but Germany it would get vandalized. They don't battle but some nice features have been built and a real nice clubhouse. It is a bit longer than ours but much narrower and they have to walk on the field while running their tanks. I'll post these images although for some reason on this site once they finish downloading they rotate 90 degrees, something that I never have this problem with anywhere else so best viewed on an iPad Munich RC Club field 1f627 

Munich RC Club field Img_6713
Munich RC Club field Img_6714
Munich RC Club field Img_6715
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Munich RC Club field   Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2023 2:00 pm

They don't battle so just take pictures and run tanks ?
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Munich RC Club field   Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2023 2:14 pm

Found it on Google maps... (Yes MikeC! I googled it cause I can! LOL)

https://goo.gl/maps/yMYkJcbHMvN6iNhZ7
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Munich RC Club field   Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2023 3:14 pm

Yep, another parade ground... LOL!  but looks nice! which your pics were right side up!  Very Happy

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Munich RC Club field   Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2023 3:52 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:
Yep, another parade ground... LOL!  but looks nice! which your pics were right side up!  Very Happy
3 straight days in the Hofbrauhaus beforehand can cause this Munich RC Club field 1f600 . The vids I've seen posted by them on YT seem to be that they like most of the German clubs are more into the bells and whistles, sounds and gear shifting type driving they get with the Beier boards than battling. There are some really good looking tanks and also Tamiya tractor trailers and boats and Schwimmwagen type vehicles as they also have a pond. Also I'm glad the Mikes are continuing their verbal battle here Munich RC Club field 1f600  Munich RC Club field 1f600  Munich RC Club field 1f600
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Munich RC Club field   Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2023 4:02 pm

Oh my.... viking viking viking

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Munich RC Club field   Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2023 5:47 pm

Jarlath wrote:
Found it on Google maps... (Yes MikeC! I googled it cause I can! LOL)

https://goo.gl/maps/yMYkJcbHMvN6iNhZ7

Everyone googles. That's the whole point about googling and and posting it again. Thread killers. Tell us what you think about it. What you google is not interesting. What you think is more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Munich RC Club field   Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2023 2:58 pm

Abteilung 506 wrote:
dgsselkirk wrote:
3 straight days in the Hofbrauhaus beforehand can cause this Munich RC Club field 1f600 . The vids I've seen posted by them on YT seem to be that they like most of the German clubs are more into the bells and whistles, sounds and gear shifting type driving they get with the Beier boards than battling. There are some really good looking tanks and also Tamiya tractor trailers and boats and Schwimmwagen type vehicles as they also have a pond. Also I'm glad the Mikes are continuing their verbal battle here Munich RC Club field 1f600  Munich RC Club field 1f600  Munich RC Club field 1f600

If you want to see what the Germans are up to, check out the RC world channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RCWorldorg/videos

They're not often battling, but what they're doing is cool enough that it got me into this.  They've got videos where they set up a bunch of earth at a trade show, and excavate a tunnel (watching these videos has led to my daughter having an entire playset of toy construction equipment to play with when we put one on the TV).

That said, there are videos out there of them going next-level on the tank battles by attaching what appear to be little rockets to the barrels and shooting them at each other:

Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Munich RC Club field   Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2023 3:47 pm

Oh the Germans certainly do some amazing things with their models and courses. Here is just one of many of this Munich club's videos on YT of their club meets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4OZfztKngI

It was seeing this particular German video below that first made me even aware of this hobby. In fact the Tiger starting at 5:21 was what made me go and buy my first Taigen Tiger thinking I could produce that maybe. Soon learned I knew absolutely nothing. Even now putting the finishing touches on my 9th Tamiya kit I might just be able to pull that off but I doubt it.

It is too bad we don't have any videos other than the 2 Hach did of our field on YT as that is how I found out about the club. I probably would still not know about it otherwise. The modelling and building is great but even though I'm still usually cannon fodder it is the IR battling that totally makes the hobby for me
Back to top Go down
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Munich RC Club field   Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2023 8:13 pm

Abteilung 506 wrote:
Oh the Germans certainly do some amazing things with their models and courses. Here is just one of many of this Munich club's videos on YT of their club meets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4OZfztKngI

It was seeing this particular German video below that first made me even aware of this hobby. In fact the Tiger starting at 5:21 was what made me go and buy my first Taigen Tiger thinking I could produce that maybe. Soon learned I knew absolutely nothing. Even now putting the finishing touches on my 9th Tamiya kit I might just be able to pull that off but I doubt it.

It is too bad we don't have any videos other than the 2 Hach did of our field on YT as that is how I found out about the club. I probably would still not know about it otherwise. The modelling and building is great but even though I'm still usually cannon fodder it is the IR battling that totally makes the hobby for me

My experience was similar.  I encountered the RC World videos and had a reaction of "I didn't know this existed, and I need this in my life."  I got my first tanks (a 1/30 Heng Long Sherman and Pershing) a little while after.

Funnily enough, while the IR battling is fun (and my daughter and I are enjoying and bonding over it), the thing I want to do most is just drive them around the field with other tanks, just like in the video.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Munich RC Club field   Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2023 12:20 am

Robert I totally agree with you on that. Whenever I can get to the KW field I just want to drive the tanks for 6 hours. That was my goal this year to get in as much driving as possible and with all my tanks driving differently  to get at least competent on them all. But battling them takes the driving skill to a new level. Even the most experienced members sometimes end up tracks up off a bridge during some of the battles Very Happy Very Happy Razz. You should try and make it to the KW field at least once this year. It's a lot better experience than the field at Aquino
Back to top Go down
Ukiewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ukiewolf

PostSubject: Re: Munich RC Club field   Munich RC Club field Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2023 12:39 pm

The Munich field looks more permanent than KW since their paths are concrete.  We have more flexibility and have done so, to make changes to our layout.  I agree that while "practice makes perfect", there is NO MECY!!! when it comes to battling.  viking russian lol!  My situation is different and I need a little more room to maneuver around our field.  Hope to resolve or improve that problem by this spring.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Munich RC Club field   Munich RC Club field Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Munich RC Club field

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1