Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 5:22 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 3:35 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 12:15 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) I_vote_lcapHeng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) I_voting_barHeng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) I_vote_lcapHeng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) I_voting_barHeng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
Maczek
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey

Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
krijn
Private
krijn

Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Empty
PostSubject: Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue)   Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2023 7:02 pm

Greetings fellow hobbyists.

so i wanted barrel smoke/flash in 2 tanks , i bought the only barrel smokers i could find made by Heng long and equipped with a circuit board stating HX-KZB-2 the circuit board has 3 wires going to  a white plug (looks like a power plug same size as motor plugs) and a single yellow line with a servo plug while the 4 other wires go to the pump and heater.

when i asked HL for a Manual i could hear them laughing all the way from China.. a Manual.. hah, so after some back and forth they gave me a link to a video by Toucanhobby that showed how to hook it up to a TK6.0 and 7.1 board.
now that's great, but... i use a Clark TK50S in them tanks, and i do not want to go back to an HL board.

does anyone have experiences on hooking this all up ? there must be a way, i can't use the  engine smoke one cause that's already in use for.. the engine smoker.

second issue.. so i was at John's place working on my tank and some other stuff and we tried to set up the TK50 with my transmitter.. no luck.. checked the manual (yes some brands do have one) and was told S-Bus was channel 8 on the receiver, nada, niks, nothing, rien, Nichts. but all the servo channels worked.
Turns out after downloading a better then postcard size manual that s-bus port is port 12 and that i should update the firmware (done for transmitter and receiver) now i just have to figure a few things out as that "put switch VRB in the middle then engage switch VRD" is still confuzing, and Confusius is not my buddy !

and then we get to the ir stuff.. and June is getting closer by the minute.

anyway if anyone has tips on how to do this then feel free to reply here or by PM.
Thank you all in advance.

Krijn

https://www.facebook.com/groups/975850753212371
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue)   Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 3:18 pm

Krijn,

Barrel smoke is a little difficult to put into Clark board tanks. Does your Heng Long barrel smoke kit comes with an LED as well ? I know the early ones does not. Either way they are intend to replace a BB based barrel.

Basically what you will need is a steady power supply from somewhere (In Heng Long you can use the Wi-Fi plug which is suppose to supply power for FPV) and also a trigger to stop the pump to pump out smoke after firing. The steady power supply will heat up the fluid tank as soon as you turn on the tank.

In earlier smoke barrel kit they assume you will have a trigger switch from your BB gun to stop the pump motor. In the recent version they shipped with an LED which you are suppose to use as gun flash and that acts as the trigger (instead of the BB trigger).

Maybe you can post a picture of what you have.

Regards,

MikeC.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue)   Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 3:52 pm

Clark has a small little electronic board for between the smoker and main board. They are coming to me mid april. Once I get and test I will let you know! :-)

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue)   Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 4:53 pm

This probably won't help you but at least it explains what is what when you plug in all the stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9qCBoeBrxg&t=114s
Back to top Go down
krijn
Private
krijn

PostSubject: Re: Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue)   Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 6:10 pm

Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Img_0110
Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Img_0111

that's the wiring harness that heng long send with the smokers.
additional fun, the silicon hose does not fit inside the barrel ... but i can fix that.
Tanks, they are starting to drive me nuts, and i was tested, i'm not criminally insane.

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue)   Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 11:46 pm

You have the newer unit so it is the same as the one in the video I posted from Stanlley. 

There is no easy way to get it hook up to a Clark board. You best bet is to wait for Dean/Clark.
Back to top Go down
krijn
Private
krijn

PostSubject: Re: Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue)   Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2023 8:50 pm

i heard from Clark

reply edited (removal email and a question that was answered in a different email)

Sent: Thursday, March 2, 2023 9:48 PM
To: Krijn .
Subject: Re: gun barrel flash + smoke hookup

Hi

Same trigger method,  connect trigger wire on HL small circuit board to J3.2. on TK board, You can refer to our TSK page for more details.

Regards,
Clark

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue)   Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2023 11:03 pm

krijn wrote:
i heard from Clark

reply edited (removal email and a question that was answered in a different email)

Sent: Thursday, March 2, 2023 9:48 PM
To: Krijn .
Subject: Re: gun barrel flash + smoke hookup

Hi

Same trigger method,  connect trigger wire on HL small circuit board to J3.2. on TK board, You can refer to our TSK page for more details.

Regards,
Clark

There is some minor issue with this........

First of all, Clark uses 1.0mm plug for their flash. So in order to plug the HL flash trigger got the smoking barrel, you will need to make an adapter for it.

Second, he is assumming that you are only using the smoker for the barrel and not for engine smoke. In other word, you can't have both at the same time. There just isn't another 5v connection on the Clark board for the second smoker fluid tank. I have also tried splitting the single smoker output but that will kill the board as it overloads the connection. The only option is to wire a separate power off the switch to directly feed the smoking barrel smoker, so when you turn on the tank it will heat up the smoker right away. Technically this is a better way for the smoker for the engine as well so when you fire up the engine, the smoker is already full and ready to blow.

No easy as he says.

MikeC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue)   Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heng Long and Clark, not compatible ? (+small Flysky issue)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1