Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 1/6 Dragon Jeep Kit
Hello new here Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 1:30 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Hello new here Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Today at 10:27 am

» How many Ontario Regiment shermans will be at Aquino this year?
Hello new here Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Yesterday at 3:29 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Hello new here Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Tue May 07, 2024 11:27 am

» Matomart Sale again
Hello new here Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun May 05, 2024 10:59 pm

» TongDe New Tank
Hello new here Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 5:48 pm

» Martin's PZ III combat god?
Hello new here Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 9:39 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Hello new here Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun May 05, 2024 1:52 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Hello new here Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
Hello new here I_vote_lcapHello new here I_voting_barHello new here I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Smittyburger
Jarlath
Robert B. Marks
Negaduck
Maczek

Hello new here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bktanker
Recruit
Bktanker

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 12:02 pm

Hello I'm new here but I'd love to get involved. I live in the Niagara region so it wouldn't be a problem for me to come out and join in the events
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 2:18 pm

Welcome. If you hadn't found this before here is the schedule of events. First official meet is a work day on the field Apr.6 and of course we will be running our tanks and you can find out everything about our tanks and how the battles work.

https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com/t3328-2024-battleday-schedule

The field is a bit of a construction mess right now but a few of us are working on the field to try and get it ready earlier but we post up in the field work meet up thread if we are going to be out to do some work so you are welcome to help out and run a tank around
Back to top Go down
Bktanker
Recruit
Bktanker

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 6:24 pm

Ok great thnx for the information. What field would that be on? The one in Mississauga?
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 6:29 pm

No the one in St. Jacobs

Hello new here Img_7210
Back to top Go down
Bktanker
Recruit
Bktanker

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 6:34 pm

Oh that field looks super cool. Where abouts is it in st. Jacob's?
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 6:37 pm

Located on the grounds of the Waterloo Rod and Gun Club

https://www.waterloorodandgun.ca/
Back to top Go down
Bktanker
Recruit
Bktanker

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 6:39 pm

Oh yes ok I found it on the website. Are dues or fees of any sort?
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 6:47 pm

Yearly membership is $125. But it's fine to just come out and run a tank to see if you like it first. I think you will Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bktanker
Recruit
Bktanker

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 6:49 pm

Ok great thank you very much for the help. I'm currently doing some upgrades to my tiger so I'm waiting for parts to come in hopefully they arrive in time
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 6:54 pm

We all bring multiple tanks. You are welcome to run one of mine around. I've accumulated so many I have trouble spreading the driving time around among them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 6:57 pm

This thread on Hobby Squawk has tons of images of the field and lots of our tanks

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-cars-tanks-trucks-and-more/rc-tanks/379965-can-am-rc-tank-club#post380842
Back to top Go down
Bktanker
Recruit
Bktanker

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 7:07 pm

Ok great thnx. I'm also considering on purchasing a kv1. So we will see I might have that but then as well
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 12:25 am

Welcome BK. I think Dean will chime in but I think first time new comer is free, but if you want to come back but does not want to pay the yearly membership it is $25 each visit after the first one.

If you don't think you will make it out more than 4-5 times then this would be the best option. Otherwise the annual membership is a better deal as you get other stuff as well.

MikeC.
Back to top Go down
Bktanker
Recruit
Bktanker

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 7:39 am

Ok that's great to know. Also I'm just wondering are there any regulations on the tanks? I have a heng long tiger 1
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2024 2:16 pm

I think everyone covered it. Look forward to meeting you! See you soon!

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Captain
Captain
Hammertime999999999

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2024 2:56 pm

Hey BK, welcome!
Back to top Go down
Bktanker
Recruit
Bktanker

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2024 3:19 pm

Hey thanks everyone for the warm welcomes
Back to top Go down
Parzivel
Recruit

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 2:23 pm

Good afternoon! I just joined the group!! Excited to meet you all! Cheers!
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 4:12 pm

Abteilung 506 wrote:
This thread on Hobby Squawk has tons of images of the field and lots of our tanks

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-cars-tanks-trucks-and-more/rc-tanks/379965-can-am-rc-tank-club#post380842

Martin, are you Panzermechaniker at Hobby Squawk ?
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Captain
Captain
Hammertime999999999

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 4:16 pm

Hey Parzivel,

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 11:11 pm

MikeC wrote:
Abteilung 506 wrote:

Yes he is!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 11:11 pm

Parzivel wrote:
Good afternoon! I just joined the group!! Excited to meet you all! Cheers!
Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 11:25 pm

MikeC wrote:
Abteilung 506 wrote:

Mike you finally busted me Hello new here 1f600  Hello new here 1f600  Hello new here 1f600 I set up the thread over there to try and catch some people from our area who would buy HL and wanted to battle. With what looks to be the total demise of RCU tank wise HS is actually the best place to find new people in Ontario interested in what we do. Hobby Squawk is probably the best place for a newb to enter our addiction as it really is IR battle and a bit Tong De M60 centric right now but that is what is selling
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 11:39 pm

Well I am all for every outlet we can find to promote I think our best bet is FB pages, Kijiji , etc.. which are much more local. I took a look at HS and seems to be the same 6 guys (all Americans)  on your threads all the time. But keep plugging away and I will keep plugging on FB. I think I will start posting on some of the modeling sites  and make up a blrb for FB marketplace too! .

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 11:51 pm

I'm on RCTW as well and you old club guys know most of them although Dean you seem to be the only one of late who still posts. Still the best place for the builds I like to do although have to tread very carefully among the old guard but they slowly seem to be accepting me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello new here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello new here   Hello new here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello new here

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: Command Post :: Introductions-