At the last meet, I had some problems with turret traverse function on No. 435
This particulr HL airsoft was the one I converted to IR and had to rebuild all the internal "posts" that the screws go into on virtually every part of the tank.
I was very careful and thought I got the new posts to the right height but a few were out a bit
causing some alignment problems.
I was able to fix these with washers but the turret was "drooping" in the front causing it to bind on rotation, likely also throwing the turret ring gear out of alignment as well which wouldn't help at all.
I examined it in detail and could not get the turret issues sorted out.
At the meet, Strato suggested a washer under the turret ring, good idea but it was tough to get something with all the right dimensions.
Today, I hit upon an unsophisticated solution using this product;
The product has one sid that is really slippery and the other is a hard rubber backing fused to it.
I cut two pads to the right thickness (using trial and error, making sure there was still some rubber backing for the Super Glue to stick to.
I glued two pads to the upper hull in strategic locations;
It produced the gap I was looking for;
A skill-full repair, not really, BUT it it looks good and the turret travrse function is nou flawless
"Luck favours the prepared!."