Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Yesterday at 10:09 pm

» Martin's PZ III combat god?
Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeby Shoveler74 Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:04 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm

» 1/6 Dragon Jeep Kit
Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 pm

» THIS YEARS SHIRTS and HATS!!!
Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:09 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Repair Tanks I_vote_lcapRepair Tanks I_voting_barRepair Tanks I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Repair Tanks I_vote_lcapRepair Tanks I_voting_barRepair Tanks I_vote_rcap 

Repair Tanks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Repair Tanks Empty
PostSubject: Repair Tanks   Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2022 4:37 pm

I'm not sure how these work but I've noticed the option is available on both the Clark and IBU boards. Does the tank come up next to a damaged tank in a team battle and restore it back to zero hits and has anyone ever used one at the field?
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Repair Tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repair Tanks   Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2022 11:53 pm

Yes........ Derek has one and has repair tanks on the field during open battles. You fire repair signals and the receiving tank goes into repair mode.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Repair Tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repair Tanks   Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2022 10:47 am

I'd like to see it in action in a open battle team game this year. Can the repair tank be taken out by the other team? I need all the help I can get Repair Tanks 1f600
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Repair Tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repair Tanks   Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2022 3:12 pm

Martin, you can just set one up yourself and give it a go ! Yes the repair will take hits as per a normal tank. The only difference is that when it fire its cannon it will send a repair signal instead of a hit signal.
Everything else remains the same including the MG.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Repair Tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repair Tanks   Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2022 3:18 pm

Will the repair signal only be sent from an IBU to an IBU or a Clark to a Clark or can a Tamiya receiver pick up the repair code signal? Also I guess if you are the repair tank you don't want to be firing towards the opponents. Interesting. If an IBU can repair tanks running other boards I might set one up
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Repair Tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repair Tanks   Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2022 3:30 pm

You asked too many good questions........... Just did the read up on IBU. Apparently:

- IBU will fix IBU, and I know Clark will fix Clark. No idea if they will fix each other.

- IBU takes 5 second per hit point. If you are hit during the repair it will stop the process with whatever hit point you are at.

- IBU has a jumper to reduce IR range specifically for this reason so you don't hit enemy tanks from across the field and fix it at the same time. So basically when you turn your tank into a reapir tank you should also reduce its IR range.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Repair Tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repair Tanks   Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2022 3:33 pm

Well since we are the only ones running IBU I guess we'll have to try it out being on the same team at some point next year. Sounds like fun and would like to try it out
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Repair Tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repair Tanks   Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2022 3:38 pm

I will give it a try and see what will fix what. Tamiya doesn't have this function so I am not too sure what it will do if it is hit with a repair signal from Clark or IBU.

We can have an open battle with one bergepanzer on each side. I know Derek has one permanently set-up.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Repair Tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repair Tanks   Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2022 3:58 pm

That would work. I can set Glen's old Panther up as one if you figure out how things work. My Sturmtiger is so heavy and slow it needs all the help it can get after a couple of hits
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

Repair Tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repair Tanks   Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2022 1:12 pm

MikeC is correct, I have a Bergepanzer IV.  It's a great novelty, but completely useless!

It's a clark board and will only work with other clarks.  It only resets the hits back one at a time, and it takes at least 12 seconds to do.  The whole time it's going though the repair cycle, your tank is completely paralyzed, and still open to enemy fire.  So it's more of hindrance on the field than help.  It also has no way to defend is itself.   

I suppose you could use to stun your opponents tanks and then have your teammates pick them off while the enemy is frozen.  sly

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Repair Tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repair Tanks   Repair Tanks Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2022 3:25 pm

Repair Tanks 1f600  Repair Tanks 1f600  Repair Tanks 1f600  Well that doesn't seem like a great idea after all then. Still might set up the Panther at home just to see how it works on my other IBU tank. The stun tank Repair Tanks 1f600
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Repair Tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repair Tanks   Repair Tanks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Repair Tanks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1