Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 4:42 pm

» Matomart Sale again
Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 10:59 pm

» TongDe New Tank
Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 5:48 pm

» How many Ontario Regiment shermans will be at Aquino this year?
Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Robert B. Marks Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» Martin's PZ III combat god?
Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 9:39 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:52 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm

» 1/6 Dragon Jeep Kit
Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 I_vote_lcapDean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 I_voting_barDean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 I_vote_lcapDean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 I_voting_barDean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
Smittyburger
MikeC
Jarlath
Negaduck
Maczek
Robert B. Marks

Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2024 4:46 pm

Interesting enough it must be what a Goliath would be like size wise. Question
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2024 5:32 pm

Funny you should mention that. Just reading a book on Abt503 and the one guy who was sent to be trained as a radio operator said at the end of the course half of them were sent to join the newly formed Tiger battalion and the other half went on to those radio controlled tanks
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Captain
Captain
Hammertime999999999

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2024 7:06 pm

Abteilung 506 wrote:
Would be great if it could chew up those loads of soil in the centre of the field that have turned almost to concrete

Or...use the monster KT to pull this:

Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 F023ac10
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2024 8:20 pm

Just plug in the 6S and crank the radio setting and see what happens. The ESC will be more than capable of going full out.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 8:24 pm

Probably rip the tracks off... LOL!

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 10:51 am

Well passed the acceptance test so the beast is on its way back home. Even powered itself up into the back of Dean's van. Please post some pics this afternoon for all to see.

Last edited by MikeC on Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 12:16 pm

Will do! And thank you again Mike for setting it all up. Couldn't have done it without you! Will be legendary when it is all done...

Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 12:17 pm

Don't forget to send it up to visit the fly boys Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 1f604  Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 1f604
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 7:37 pm

We need some images from today
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 7:38 pm

I only have video....

Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 7:46 pm

Oh man that's great. It's like having a huge dog and having to make compromises in the back of the van for it. The ramp looks twice as wide as that one bridge we use to wheelbarrow stuff over the river at the field. I remember the one time me and Scout collided at Aquino and my 18lb KT ran over the front of her PZIV but no damage. Not sure what would happen if that monster did the same Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Captain
Captain
Hammertime999999999

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 5:08 am

dgsselkirk wrote:
I only have video....

SRY, couldn’t make it out; had some yard work to do and a stubborn weed trimmer that wouldn’t fire.

The KT is incredible! There’s something about the way...probably the weight...of the large scale tanks and how they run that makes is so realistic looking
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 3:28 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:
I only have video....

This is amazing. I still remember seeing the beast for the first time last year at Oshawa, and Dean told me that it needs a complete gut job with the internals and I was thinking, wow this could be interested. Anyway, at the end I think we over spec a bit but being the first one I am quite happy with it. Lucky all of the existing servos were in working order. Would have been a bit of a nightmare if they didn't. Turn out the trickiest part is the Clark Tk-80X, which I am pretty sure there was only 1 or 2 made (Custom Order) and Clark just quickly updated the website. It was confusing as hell first of all, as I remember tell Dean at first that he needed the Tk-80X, and then he told me that the board I have is the TK-80X...........

Two mistakes on the Tk-80 Website hopefully he will fix it, but unless you are using the Tk-80X it won't matter. At the end the Tk-80X and the Sabertooth 2x60 amp running 6S is probably an overkill, but looking back, if you want Sbus, you have to get the Tk80X to drive the external ESCs. However, if you are only on old fashion 4 channels, servo Y splitter to the ESCs and Bob is your uncle. This is how the 1/6 Dragon Sherman is set-up, running on a Clark TK-22A with two separate ESCs.

As to the Sabertooth, the 2x60 is quite a bit different than the lower model (2x30) and even though we don't need the 60amp from the 2x60, there are other features that I would have pick it over the lower rated model. The 2x60 actually has setting that will allow mix mode, i.e. driving two different motor but allowing for turning and throttle. I have a feeling that their big market is robots, so tracked movement is probably quite common. I have not seen a single RC Car ESC that will let you do that.

Lastly the 6S was simply to match the old 24 volt battery just in case there is something that needed 24v. As it turns out, I think we might with the squib but that is for Dean to discover. The Sabertooth can take up to 8S. It will drive the tank to pieces before it will blow.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 3:35 pm

So Clark has informed me that there are no more TK80X now will only be TK50X which means will run like the 80X with external ESC's BUT no more dual speaker set up and only 7W sound output so will definitely need an external sound amp. fortunately I already have 2! :-)

Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 3:45 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:
So Clark has informed me that there are no more TK80X now will only be TK50X which means will run like the 80X with external ESC's BUT no more dual speaker set up and only 7W sound output so will definitely need an external sound amp. fortunately I already have 2! :-)
Oh FFS! I want the sound for the Sherman...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 4:05 pm

No problem Mike, use the TK50X and I have a perfect amp for you :-)

Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 5:08 pm

Well the twin 15 amp is pretty sweet. Wait til you hear it in person. The electronics including the ESC can literally fit in a small box, or a shoebox with the batteries.

Like I said, pretty sure Clark made one just for Dean and then that's the end of it. Judging from the website it was literally a 2 min update from his memory and hence the inaccuracy.

Better that he consolidate and sell less versions. So freaking confusing.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 pm

I agree, like I said easy to add an amp..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger   Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2