Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 9:20 pm

» JS7 - World of Tank favorites........
Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 4:29 am

» For Sale: 1/16 Scale RC M4A3 Sherman Firefly
Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitimeby HiawathaPete Today at 12:42 am

» Another PZIII
Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitimeby treemagnet Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:26 am

» 1/16 Tank crews
Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitimeby MikeC Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:05 pm

» Cults has a M3 Grant now
Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitimeby MikeC Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:08 am

» 3D Print tank #2 from China - Nashorn.
Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitimeby ZackM Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:34 pm

» TongDe M109A2 Paladin from Dean's order
Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:01 am

» Good deal on a Taigen KV-1
Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:22 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
Help with fixing paint issues  I_vote_lcapHelp with fixing paint issues  I_voting_barHelp with fixing paint issues  I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
Help with fixing paint issues  I_vote_lcapHelp with fixing paint issues  I_voting_barHelp with fixing paint issues  I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Chimo
treemagnet
Maczek
Shoveler74
Stormin Norman

Help with fixing paint issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZackM
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Help with fixing paint issues  Empty
PostSubject: Help with fixing paint issues    Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2024 11:30 pm

Today I got a tamiya tiger 1 in the mail. I bought it 2 months ago from the uk and it finally showed up. 

I knew it would be rough and desperately needed some work and love. So I spent my day deep cleaning it, fixing the broken parts and got it ready for primer and paint.  I got the first layer of primer on tonight and unfortunately whatever the guy used to paint the green on looks horrible under primer. It's not hidden at all. I have no idea how to fix this so any help or suggestions would be great.Help with fixing paint issues  20240820
Help with fixing paint issues  20240821
Help with fixing paint issues  20240822
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Help with fixing paint issues    Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2024 12:18 am

I would sand the whole thing down and then re prime it. 600 should be enough and then use a 1500 just to smooth it right out nicely
Back to top Go down
ZackM
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Help with fixing paint issues    Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2024 2:18 am

Thankyou. Should be a fun time tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Help with fixing paint issues    Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2024 2:22 am

You don't have to sand everything off just enough to smooth and blend those transition edges on the camo. The primer will cover it well enough and then the other coats of paint as well. Did the guy brush paint the green on
Back to top Go down
ZackM
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Help with fixing paint issues    Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2024 5:07 am

Honestly the more I look back it definitely was hand brushed for the green. The dark yellow was probably a rattle can.

The tank arrived in an absolute state. Lots of missing detail bits, broken tools ext. The paint was alot worse then expected from photos. There was super glue all over the tank from things being glued on ext. When I was cleaning the turret I had the entire mantle assembly break and come lose as it wasnt even glued at all and fell apart. I spent probably an hour just gluing and making sure eveything was back up the quality i wanted.
I had to deep clean it as it had a very dark and thick layer of dust on it. After cleaning, filling and sanding super glue off. Repairing parts and replacing missing things i was able to restore it back to the factory tamiya quality. I still need to replace the smoke launchers and the headlights but I'll just add them down the road when canada post decides to deliver them in a few months lol

I even added metal hatches and photo etch grills too. I guess tomorrow I'll be slowly sanding down as much of that green camo as possible.

This tiger is being turned into a "what if" japanese tiger 1.i know they actually bought a tiger 1 and 2 panthers but I wanted to do this as if they actually got the tiger 1 back to Japan and started  building them and using them against the allies. So I want to make sure it's as "new' and nice as possible with no issues as the Japanese would have taken alot of pride and shown these tanks off if they had gotten them.
Help with fixing paint issues  Messen11
Help with fixing paint issues  Messen12
Help with fixing paint issues  Messen13

Last edited by Jarlath on Fri Aug 23, 2024 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Image repeats fixed... - Jarlath)
Back to top Go down
ZackM
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Help with fixing paint issues    Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2024 5:08 am

Sorry about the repeat photos. No idea why it's posted the same 3 so many times and I don't know how to delete them or if I can. 🤦‍�
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Help with fixing paint issues    Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2024 3:36 pm

ZackM wrote:
Sorry about the repeat photos. No idea why it's posted the same 3 so many times and I don't know how to delete them or if I can. 🤦‍�

Fixed that for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
ZackM
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Help with fixing paint issues    Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2024 4:08 pm

Thankyou for fixing that. We'll with 600 and 1500 it's Turning out just fine. Just been a long very slow couple hours
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with fixing paint issues    Help with fixing paint issues  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with fixing paint issues

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1