Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 5:26 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 5:08 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Issues with atak zimmerit  I_vote_lcapIssues with atak zimmerit  I_voting_barIssues with atak zimmerit  I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Issues with atak zimmerit  I_vote_lcapIssues with atak zimmerit  I_voting_barIssues with atak zimmerit  I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
Maczek
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey

Issues with atak zimmerit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZackM
Private

Issues with atak zimmerit  Empty
PostSubject: Issues with atak zimmerit    Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 1:46 pm

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had issues in the past with the company atak. They provide scale Zim kits.

I've ordered and received 5 full kits in the past years without any issues for 1/16 builds. I've honestly loved and enjoyed them and would highly reccomend them to anyone. Unfortunately though my most recent interaction with him has really confused me. 

Back in November 2023 I ordered a Zim kit for a 1/16 pre production KT. I expected it to take a few months so I waited patiently, well a week ago I started to worry so I tried reaching out to him. I finally received an email response saying my order was returned to him 2 weeks prior  and asking for my shipping address to mail it out again. I sent him my full candian address and he confirmed that it was the correct information he had when I placed my order and he didn't know why it got sent back. 

I placed a second order for a tiger 1 Zim kit and asked him to put both orders together. I also asked him if he could ship my order with FedEx or another service other then basic mail and provide a tracking number so that hopefully it arrives with zero issues this time. I also said id happily cover any and all costs for the higher shipping ontop of the previous amounts I paid to ship both orders. 

I guess he didn't like that or didn't want to do it because I got a notification saying he refunded me for both orders. When I emailed and asked why he did that I got a response saying "I'm sorry I have to refund your payments as I am unable to fulfill your requests regarding shipping method. Please do not order anymore products from our store" 

This shocked me and honestly upset me. I'm curious if anyone else has had similar issues with him? I didn't think my request for shipping was unreasonable especially after 4 months of waiting just to find out he received it back weeks prior and never tried to contact me about my order.  Really disappointed with the entire situation if I'm honest.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Issues with atak zimmerit    Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 2:33 pm

I've only ordered 2 kits from Atak. Love the product. Generally I found they took about a month and the shipping was reasonable. Certainly better than when you order from Axel's and you get charged 40+ Euros shipping for a tiny part yet DHL always puts his in a sea container while RC Tank.de as long as it isn't a whole tank you are ordering will come by air. I don't blame Axels it's German post. I find the Polish post while not as quick as Royal Mail is way better than the Germans. It is odd that Atak wouldn't do a courier considering you were willing to pay the extra. Just out of interest which kits did you order that were the problem?
Back to top Go down
Maczek
Private

PostSubject: Re: Issues with atak zimmerit    Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:47 pm

Ordered one Atak Zim kit last year and it took only 3 weeks. It is for a 1/16 scale Panther G.
Since then I changed my plans and do not need it anymore.
Anybody interested in it?
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Issues with atak zimmerit    Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 3:57 pm

I also find that the kits go out of stock on the site sometimes from an hour or two from when you are looking. Then it's wait months. Perhaps he ran out of stock. A month ago I was looking for the Tiger 1 for Tamiya kit and it was gone and then a week ago it re-appeared but i had rebuilt the tank as an early so no need for it now
Back to top Go down
ZackM
Private

PostSubject: Re: Issues with atak zimmerit    Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 4:08 pm

Maczek wrote:
Ordered one Atak Zim kit last year and it took only 3 weeks. It is for a 1/16 scale Panther G.
Since then I changed my plans and do not need it anymore.
Anybody interested in it?
I'll take it. Pm me
Back to top Go down
ZackM
Private

PostSubject: Re: Issues with atak zimmerit    Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 4:09 pm

Abteilung 506 wrote:
I've only ordered 2 kits from Atak. Love the product. Generally I found they took about a month and the shipping was reasonable. Certainly better than when you order from Axel's and you get charged 40+ Euros shipping for a tiny part yet DHL always puts his in a sea container while RC Tank.de as long as it isn't a whole tank you are ordering will come by air. I don't blame Axels it's German post. I find the Polish post while not as quick as Royal Mail is way better than the Germans. It is odd that Atak wouldn't do a courier considering you were willing to pay the extra. Just out of interest which kits did you order that were the problem?
It was a pre production king tiger kit for a tamiya KT. Then I ordered a tiger 1 kit to add to the order before being shipped again
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Issues with atak zimmerit    Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 4:16 pm

ZackM wrote:
Abteilung 506 wrote:
It was a pre production king tiger kit for a tamiya KT. Then I ordered a tiger 1 kit to add to the order before being shipped again
I might be ordering a kit for a Jagdpanther in the future so if you can't source the kits from say Forgebear and Atak still won't send you a kit perhaps I could piggyback them in with my order. The Jagdpanther order is still up in the air though so if Forgebear can help you I would go that route
Back to top Go down
ZackM
Private

PostSubject: Re: Issues with atak zimmerit    Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 4:31 pm

Abteilung 506 wrote:
ZackM wrote:
Abteilung 506 wrote:
I might be ordering a kit for a Jagdpanther in the future so if you can't source the kits from say Forgebear and Atak still won't send you a kit perhaps I could piggyback them in with my order. The Jagdpanther order is still up in the air though so if Forgebear can help you I would go that route
Unfortunately he has zero stock and has been waiting forever for new stock. Atak hasn't made anything or shipped him anything so it looks like I'm out of luck unless someone else can help me lol
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Issues with atak zimmerit    Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 7:20 pm

Just went into the site to do a dummy order to get the shipping quote and there looks to be no option for delivery to Canada any more. Says shipping address must be to another country. I've emailed them to ask if no shipping to Canada is a new policy. The whole scale model industry is bizarre. It seems there are companies out there that don't really want your money
Back to top Go down
ZackM
Private

PostSubject: Re: Issues with atak zimmerit    Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 7:31 pm

Abteilung 506 wrote:
Just went into the site to do a dummy order to get the shipping quote and there looks to be no option for delivery to Canada any more. Says shipping address must be to another country. I've emailed them to ask if no shipping to Canada is a new policy. The whole scale model industry is bizarre. It seems there are companies out there that don't really want your money
Unfortunately I've come across alot of people who refuse to ship here simply because they don't want to fill out customs paper work. Alot of guys from the states simply refuse. I never understood the issue as it takes a few minutes for me personally.  Maybe he's having issues with customs into Canada or doesn't want to deal with it lol still really disappointing to hear
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Issues with atak zimmerit    Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 7:40 pm

I checked with this Australian shop who although not ones that sell RC they do have a vast range of accessories for our scale and their service,prices and shipping speed are fantastic. Might even be faster than Forgebear. Anyway they sell Atak but like the other vendors they are out of stock in all of the 1/16 kits but perhaps keep an eye out in the future to see if they do get stock in

https://www.bnamodelworld.com/
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Hammertime999999999

PostSubject: Re: Issues with atak zimmerit    Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 7:50 pm

Wow there’s a lot of good stuff!
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Issues with atak zimmerit    Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 9:08 pm

I have seen this before. A company from Eastern Europe has issues with postal services to Canada and so stops shipping as they keep getting returns back that they had shipped previously. couriers are out of the question. Just far too expensive so they just don't bother. Canada is a drop in the bucket so they just stop...

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
ZackM
Private

PostSubject: Re: Issues with atak zimmerit    Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2024 9:37 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:
I have seen this before. A company from Eastern Europe has issues with postal services to Canada and so stops shipping as they keep getting returns back that they had shipped previously. couriers are out of the question. Just far too expensive so they just don't bother. Canada is a drop in the bucket so they just stop...
I'm happy to spend the money on shipping. I guess he didn't want to do it anyways. It's disappointing that companies just refuse to figure it out and give up
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Issues with atak zimmerit    Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 7:06 pm

No answer so I guess he doesn't want anything to do with us Canucks any more. Some of the countries he will ship to me make me laugh but not Canuckistan. I'm going to ask my buddy in the UK if he is okay with shipping them to his address. I guess that is the good thing with PayPal as normally credit card companies don't like you shipping stuff to other countries with your Canadian billng address
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Issues with atak zimmerit    Issues with atak zimmerit  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Issues with atak zimmerit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1