Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Cults has a M3 Grant now
Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 12:08 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» 3D Print tank #2 from China - Nashorn.
Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Icon_minitimeby ZackM Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:34 am

» TongDe M109A2 Paladin from Dean's order
Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:01 am

» Good deal on a Taigen KV-1
Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:22 am

» Amazing RC Tank Field
Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:57 am

» CLARK BOARD ORDER #13
Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:53 am

» BATTLE WEEKEND SEPT 6-7-8!!! Ed Reimer Memorial Weekend Battle!
Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:15 pm

» Aquino Oshawa 2024 video
Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:49 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe I_vote_lcapUnboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe I_voting_barUnboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe I_vote_lcapUnboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe I_voting_barUnboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Chimo
treemagnet
Maczek
Shoveler74
Stormin Norman

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Empty
PostSubject: Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe   Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2024 7:34 pm

SO I received my new tanks today. I always like expanding my collection of tanks (er.... projects to do...).

This one is the Centurion by TongDe. Much heavier than I anticipated...

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Img_2099
Look ma! Instructions and a couple sprues of bits and bobs...

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Img_2097
Only 2 pieces of tape... After seeing the Churchill... Seems like they decided to simplify the design...

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Img_2098
It is a pretty beefy tank. Did I mention it was heavy! All metal suspension and tracks...

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Img_2101
I spy a slight imperfection! Can you see it from this angle?

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Img_2100
There is the slight bend in the seem between upper and lower hull. Not a big deal... But I'm gonna nitpick anyways!

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Img_2102
OK. Something I don't like already... WTF is that LED doing sticking out just beneath the mantlet mounted MG

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Img_2105
Even without the bits and bobs... That is one sexy looking tank... Always liked Centurions...

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Img_2103
Part of the mass... The abundant metal in the suspension system... I wonder how the plastic version looks...

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Img_2104
Not a fan of the exposed idler retention screw/nut... Have not seen how it actually holds in place, but my guess is a toothed armature.

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Img_2106
Next item I not a fan of... Gearbox housing WILL be abraded by the tracks... Maybe just a tweak of the gearboxes to fix?

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Img_2107
Yes that track is actually touching the plastic drive hosing...

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Img_2108
I hope that is mainly because it is on it's side... but if that is hull flex... Ugh... Time to be overhauled... Big Mike Style...

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Img_2109
This is the Driver hatch that has the master power switch and the charging balance plug for the battery. There is NO other battery access...
Magnetized Hull is a must!

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Img_2110
Otherwise this Centurion is a fine specimen of 1/16 Armour!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Hammertime999999999
Major
Major
Hammertime999999999

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe   Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2024 9:16 pm

Another great review Smile
Back to top Go down

Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1