Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» CLARK BOARD ORDER #13
Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 1:59 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 6:53 pm

» BATTLE WEEKEND SEPT 6-7-8!!! Ed Reimer Memorial Weekend Battle!
Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 10:30 am

» Aquino Oshawa 2024 video
Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:49 pm

» Unboxing the Centurion MK.5 by TongDe
Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:16 pm

» Unboxing the Churchill Mk. VII by TongDe
Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:13 pm

» 3D Print tank #2 from China - Nashorn.
Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:58 am

» Miscellaneous Images 2024
Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Aug 31, 2024 4:29 pm

» EXTRA TONGDE to sell...
Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:14 am

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 I_voting_barTiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 I_voting_barTiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Jarlath
dgsselkirk
MikeC
treemagnet
Stormin Norman
Shoveler74

Tiger 1 build/Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:44 pm

Whoa, I've never seen that! 

I suspect a shipping or manufacturer issue, that's not normal. I drive the crap out of my Tiger (same hull) and it's perfect as ever. 

Get ahold of Erik @ Taigen for parts. Might get lucky and get them for free.

Removing the sprocket is one of the best ways on a Tiger for track removal. Pins tend to bend, break, if you remove them often enough. Glen is bang on with 1/4" tubing for emitters, the LED fits perfectly inside.

You seem to be well on your way Smile

tomzag
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 11:04 pm

remember what i said on the phone?
Back to top Go down
Capp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Capp

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:43 am

Ah Tom someday will be a tamyia but for now this has been my only issue of " bad quality" and its not the end of the world for me, but it does have some tamyia paint on it so that should make you happier Wink
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:21 am

Capp wrote:
Ah Tom someday will be a tamyia

Well, at the June 2014 Meet, I saw a suspension arm fail on a Tamiya tank, they are nice, but like anything else, not immune to problems.

Anyway, let me know if you have difficulty getting a replacement.

Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Capp

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:26 am

Thanks, I am in the process of looking now, and if all else fails for the short term i will try some epoxy. These darn german machines and the notorious mechanical failures Wink
Back to top Go down
tomzag
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:37 am

I saw this happening to beginner over and over. Nobody want to listen. Where is that 'White tiger'? the worst thing is for beginner to taste their first apple sour, then they quit.
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:48 am

I don't think epoxy on its own will do it.

I had a damaged idler that was broken in shipment.

The repair procedure starts on the lower part of this thread;

https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com/t309-tiger-i-late-taigen-from-the-aff-museum-shop-to-be-done-in-abt-506-colours?highlight=taigen

But this had more "meat" to work with, after two seasons it is fine, I have not installed the replacement I received.

The club welcomes people with all brands of tanks; personally, I have had upgraded HL's and Taigen's since we founded the club in 2010 and have had no complaints.

Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:18 am

Capp
don't use any glue or anything like that. Let me see if I can get us some parts for your tank first.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 1:28 pm

Wow Capp that's crazy ! I have two Tiger I, 2 KVs, 2 King Tigers and 1 Panther Taigen metal hulls and have never seen that. I guess I better take a look now. Is it three in one spot or is it all over ? Didn't the wheels of the broken one fell off, or is because it is interleave so they are just holding on by other wheels ?

If they are all on one spot then perhaps it was drop at that spot and they just snap off, If they are all over then it must be a bad batch of torsion bars. Did you find the broken pieces in the tank ?

So what happens when you press on the wheels that has the broken torsion bar ? I am just wondering if we should all go check our Taigen metal lowers for the defect if it is not obvious when you run it.

MikeC.
Back to top Go down
Capp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Capp

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 2:08 pm

3 different ones.  all on the right side of the tank, where they sheared is on the inside of the locking tabs so the tabs still held the wheels on as well as the interleaving and tracks.
I only found it when the tracks were off and the wheel was allowed to travel alot more, ie when i held the tank the 3 wheels dropped much lower then the others. I will try and take a sample picture later to give everyone an Idea what it did.

Last edited by Capp on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Capp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Capp

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 4:56 pm

As promised here are the pics, the first is the good side standard suspension drop
[img]Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 SAM_1222_zps5228d6d5[/img]
And the second is how far the broken ones drop, I have the good ones removed for paint now, but you get the idea.
[img]Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 SAM_1223_zpsfa86ac76[/img]
Back to top Go down
Capp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Capp

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 4:57 pm

seeing the pics like this I will post one more with a couple good ones in to really make it clear.
Back to top Go down
Capp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Capp

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:05 pm

Ok so this shows the height difference well, wheels 2 and 4 are fine and 1,3,and 5 are sheared

[img]Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 SAM_1225_zps88d265e1[/img]
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Right......... So none of mine does that when I take the track off for painting. I guess it is pretty obvious. Still amazed at the defect and the fact that there is 3 of them in a single tank.

MikeC.
Back to top Go down
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:02 pm

will have your parts in a few days Capp.
Back to top Go down
tomzag
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Curtis. U r the man.!
Back to top Go down
Capp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Capp

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:19 am

Thank you Freaky.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:32 am

Capp, did you get the tank from Freaky or he is just being nice ? Hopefully it will be in running shape on the 16th and you will get to battle with it. Or maybe "field repairs" on that day with all the tank minds there.

MikeC.
Back to top Go down
Capp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Capp

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:55 am

I got the tank from Freaky, but he is being nice and has been great at helping with a bunch of unposted questions I have had.
Back to top Go down
Capp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Capp

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 11:22 am

So on with the paint/build while the suspension is in limbo, here is the turret with a new coat of paint that I like a lot more from the green before, as well as the connector for the battle system moved over into the loaders hatch.

Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 <a href=Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 SAM_1226_zpsa948fb87" />
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger 1 build/Questions   Tiger 1 build/Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger 1 build/Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next