Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 6:18 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 12:17 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING I_vote_lcapNOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING I_voting_barNOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING I_vote_lcapNOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING I_voting_barNOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Chimo
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Maczek

NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Empty
PostSubject: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi Guys,

O.K. since there are some new guys running around with Taigens and HL's converted to Clark boards or about to be, the next item everyone has to have is LED's that indicate hits, restarts, MG hits, etc... It is not sufficient to have LEDS in the body. They must be seen around the apple.

So you say "but Dean, I just spent a fortune on my tank and Clark board and all those metal accessories that I really didn't need but bought anyway. And now I have to go buy a Tamiya set up for $150 bucks!!!"

Fear not my friends, for I have the easiest, cheapest solution out there. Welcome to blue rings!

http://rctanksaustralia.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_9_28&products_id=247

For $10 U.S. you get the ring and the connector you need to simply slide it over the HL or Taigen apples (although get rid of those blue Taigen apples, they don't work very well)  a could of wire changes which are very simple and you are compliant! You can get clear bulbs which you just use Tamiya clear red paint on and viola! You are ready to go. I have been using them now for a year and they work great and again, easy to install. Now, if you bought a BB tank and converted it you will need to pick up a base which I had a lead for but misplaced so I will have to find it.  Well we are at it you can look on e-bay for extra HL wiring harnesses. They are usually pretty cheap and that will give you extras of everything you need if you require them.

More later!

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 12:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 9:48 pm

Oh wow they've got some great stuff.. and an awesome shipping rate. Must hang out @ ozarmour more often Very Happy

BattleArmorRC
Private
BattleArmorRC

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 8:56 pm

Mato sells all the Heng long cables for less, and for those interested I sell the 5 pin Tamiya apple mounts, or even better there is a tutorial on my website showing you how to make one out of a piece of Lego.

Sensor mounts
Back to top Go down
http://battlearmorrc.weebly.com/
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 9:50 pm

..because I'm too lazy to check.. Mato's website, or eBay? 

I found a bunch on eBay, shipping is blah.. but hey, wires is wires.

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 11:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 11:24 pm

Mike I nominate you as lead club crimper. We can give you a title, "Crimp Master 1st Class", as motivation.. eehehehehe Very Happy

I know what special aviation crimpers cost.. do I want to know? Razz

BattleArmorRC
Private
BattleArmorRC

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 11:50 pm

Mato website has them for sale at $2.69 CAN
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 12:15 am

Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 1:49 pm

BattleArmorRC wrote:
Mato sells all the Heng long cables for less,

I checked both prices and I think Mark is cheaper on a lot of things. 8 pin to 8 pin Mato $2.62 Mark $2.50. The 8 pin connector Mato $4.00 Mark's connector which has the 8 pin as well as the 3-3-2 option $2.50. And Mark is in AU dollars so even a little better...

He is out of stock right now but this is a really good deal for $22.00
http://www.ozarmour.com.au/store/electrical-stuff/heng-long-taigen/heng-long-infrared-add-on-kit-for-1-16-scale-tank.html

Mato wants $16.42 just for the sensor...

Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 1:50 pm

Oh wow that's not bad at all Mike,

..and because I was in a hurry I went ahead and ordered a bunch of cables, a couple speakers, and the 8-pin sockets from Mato's eBay store, Rc Dynasty.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/8-Pin-Connector-Wire-/391096190898?hash=item5b0f2647b2

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221726559924

18 parts, shipping $15 so bleh.. but I gotta build some tanks Very Happy

Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 1:53 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:
BattleArmorRC wrote:

I checked both prices and I think Mark is cheaper on a lot of things. 8 pin to 8 pin Mato $2.62 Mark $2.50. The 8 pin connector Mato $4.00 Mark's connector which has the 8 pin as well as the 3-3-2 option $2.50. And Mark is in AU dollars so even a little better...

http://www.ozarmour.com.au/store/electrical-stuff/heng-long-taigen/heng-long-infrared-add-on-kit-for-1-16-scale-tank.html

I checked them out, and yes I'll be ordering more from him. Actually ordered Clark bases & IR cables / power cables yesterday.

Normally I'd consolidate all my orders and get a big one.. but realizing I want tanks running and I'm missing a ton of parts.. Doh!!

BattleArmorRC
Private
BattleArmorRC

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 9:26 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:
BattleArmorRC wrote:

Mato being based in Canada gets my business as much as possible.  Murphy has always treated me well

As far as the sensor go, I go with Tamiya, but it really doesn't matter.  They are expensive for what they are, but in reality you can only battle one tank at a time, so you really only need to buy one.  I have wasted way more money then that these tanks buying things that end up in the drawer( 2 elmod systems as an example)  The important thing is consistent quality between the Sensors in use.   The HL sensors are less sensitive then the Tamiya and you have to close within 20 meters.  Most battles end up creeping way inside of that range so it is not a big deal.  Bigger problem is they do not seem to have the same Defensive game that the Tamiya apples give you.

Don't ever use the Blue Taigen apples.  They aren't worth the powder to blow them up.  I figured they would be the same as HL, but you must close within 4 m to score a hit on them.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 11:13 pm

Mato is O.K. I just find I am shopping all over the world anyway because Mato only does HL and I need a hell of a lot of other pieces and parts so if they have parts that Mato has and are a little cheaper and I am ordering anyway I will do it to spread my shipping costs even a little further.

Yep, I agree, the Tamiya apple is really good but hard to just buy it by itself I find. We as a club are also not sold on the Tamiya defensive system at all. And yes, as I said before, those blue Taigen apples are pure crap. Over 20 meters is the exception rather than the rule. More it comes down to the emitter. For example we have one that is a 980 but with only a 20 degree fan that works really well. The stock HL ones are O.K. and to be honest we find the Tamiya pretty hit and miss in outdoor battles. In fact a lot of us try to get down sun to shoot because we find we have better range! LOL!

Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 pm

what do you guys think of the DBU i think Dan use to sell them not sure if he still does i ordered mine from David At Darkith i built one but haven't tested it as of yet 

NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Wp_20130

BattleArmorRC
Private
BattleArmorRC

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 11:36 pm

Yes the Tamiya defensive system may not be everyone's cup of tea.  Without it though the challenge( IMO) is not as great.

You can get 20 meters out of a blue Taigen apple?  Wow I never got anywhere near that.

Tamiya is generally the range king.  Their apples and emitters deliver a pretty consistent result.

I shop every where as well.  HK, England, US, Canada. Just ordered up a bunch of great looking recoil servos.

I admit to being a loyal MATO customer.  Murphy has been in this game a long time and his tireless effort to get improvements on the Heng longs is commendable.  I also like that he is taking his profits and sinking them back in the hobby with the metal tanks.

The fact he has gone to RTR with Clark electronics is another plus.  I just hope he gets back to making some plastic tanks again.  Metal Chassis and suspensions are great, but the upper superstructure would be better served in plastic IMO
Back to top Go down
BattleArmorRC
Private
BattleArmorRC

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 11:46 pm

I never did sell these, but I have used them a lot.  With the four sensors they are good, but don't have the defense either.

I also found it was very inexpensive to build my own sensors, and added LEDs to the Heng Long Sensors. 

NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING 71127711
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 12:06 am

No, no, as I said the blue Taigen ones are crap. Maybe 4 meters at best.

totally agree, make a bullet proof metal lower with plastic upper is the way to go. Oh wait, that is Taigen and Asiatam! LOL! The move to Clarks is the right idea...

Back to top Go down
BattleArmorRC
Private
BattleArmorRC

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 12:14 am

Absolutely.  Drop that proprietary radio idea like a hot potato.  Total waste of electronics and plastic.
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 6:31 am

I just got throught an eBay scuffle with RcDynasty / Mato / Murphy, and I have to hand it to those guys they took care if my issue promptly, and with excellent comms. Basically eBay has a new "shopping cart" function that lets you stack up a bunch of 'buy it now' items and just tally them up... it wasn't working right at all, I mis-clicked and bought 4x 8-pin connectors, and paid, with full shipping... $28... WHOOPS! They just returned my payment and said no problem sir! Excellent.

Also parts I ordered Monday showed up Thursday..!

Back on topic.. I'd be more than happy to try out other 5-pin apples, I just haven't had the chance!

Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 6:34 am

BattleArmorRC wrote:
Absolutely.  Drop that proprietary radio idea like a hot potato.  Total waste of electronics and plastic.

Reminds me of my contacts with HobbyRaw. If you ask them nicely, they'll remove all the stock radio gear, battery, smoke gen, and even the HL transmitter from any of the package tanks they sell. I don't know if that reduces shipping costs, but it might. They even offered me the 'steel' pro gearboxes (my favourite, the red ones we love Dan) for +$25. Now if only I find a couple hundred more bucks to make that order..!! Razz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING   NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NOW THAT YOU HAVE CLARK BOARDS>>>APPLES AND WIRING

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1