Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
An option for indoor tankery Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 5:26 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
An option for indoor tankery Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 5:08 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
An option for indoor tankery Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
An option for indoor tankery Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
An option for indoor tankery Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
An option for indoor tankery Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
An option for indoor tankery Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
An option for indoor tankery Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
An option for indoor tankery Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
An option for indoor tankery I_vote_lcapAn option for indoor tankery I_voting_barAn option for indoor tankery I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
An option for indoor tankery I_vote_lcapAn option for indoor tankery I_voting_barAn option for indoor tankery I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Maczek

An option for indoor tankery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

An option for indoor tankery Empty
PostSubject: An option for indoor tankery   An option for indoor tankery Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2021 9:44 am

I just wanted to draw everybody's attention to the 1/30 RC tanks offered by Heng Long as a possibility for indoor play while we wait for the weather to get better.

Before I bought my T-34, I got two 1/30 HL tanks (a Sherman and a Pershing) to make sure that I would actually like RC tanks before investing too much money in one.  These are equipped with a proper IR receiver, and they DON'T look like toys.  The batteries last about 45 minutes on lowest volume, as far as we can tell.  The treads are rubber.  The remote can control everything except for the cannon barrel elevation (this has to be changed by hand).

The great thing about them is that because they're only about 7-8" long, they don't run out of space indoors like the 1/16 tanks do.  So, you can have tank battles at home and around your furniture.  The surprising thing about them is that they can play with the 1/16 HL tanks (not perfectly - for some reason the cannon and machine gun hits are reversed).

So, it may not be a perfect way to scratch that itch over the winter, but it would scratch most of it, methinks...
Back to top Go down

An option for indoor tankery

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1