Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» How many Ontario Regiment shermans will be at Aquino this year?
Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Today at 3:29 pm

» 1/6 Dragon Jeep Kit
Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 3:24 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Yesterday at 11:27 am

» Matomart Sale again
Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun May 05, 2024 10:59 pm

» TongDe New Tank
Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 5:48 pm

» Martin's PZ III combat god?
Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 9:39 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun May 05, 2024 1:52 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
Waltersons Gearboxes I_vote_lcapWaltersons Gearboxes I_voting_barWaltersons Gearboxes I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
Waltersons Gearboxes I_vote_lcapWaltersons Gearboxes I_voting_barWaltersons Gearboxes I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Smittyburger
Jarlath
Robert B. Marks
Negaduck
Maczek

Waltersons Gearboxes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

Waltersons Gearboxes Empty
PostSubject: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:11 pm

I just ordered two sets this evening;

http://www.shop.immortalhobbies.com/Gearbox-Tiger-Pantiger-Panzer-IV-32101210601A.htm

One for my Panzer IV F2 conversion to IR

One for the Taigen Tiger that is on the way.

I will report on them, with pictures, once I receive them.

Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:36 pm

i'm up for adoption Glen....lol
Back to top Go down
http://mdart8.wix.com/a-custom-rc-tanks  http://www.rcuniverse.c
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 6:50 pm

I wish I had something better to report however, here's the developments;

- received the gearboxes today, well packed, packaging intact.

- one gearbox had a bent output shaft even though the packaging was totally undamaged

- IMHO, these will not fit the Panzer IV, see pictures. Basically, there is a spacial conflict between the gearbox assembly and the two posts in the front of the Pz IV hull.

I have sent this off in some emails, we will see how this works out, I will report on what transpires.

Waltersons Gearboxes Img_0910

Waltersons Gearboxes Img_0911

Last edited by Glen B on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 7:38 pm

The vendor has got back to me quite quickly and is working to address the issues. I will report when I have more info.

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 7:27 am

We have confirmed that Waltersons was in error, when they said the gearboxes fit the Pz IV.

Curtis at Immortal Hobbies has stopped selling these for the Pz IV.

Wlatersons will be coming out with a PZ IV gearbox, but like other new releases, we cannot be sure when, until it actually arrives.

Curtis has offered to replace the defective set with another set of my choice, Pz IV or Panther. Since the exact delivery for the Pz IV is not certain, I am opting for a Panther set for the JP.

Curtis has offered my a set of 480's at a good price as a good will thing due to my troubles, that is why I had a post about 480's.

IMHO, Curtis is dealing with this whole thing quite well and appears very interested in straightening things out.

And, the gearbox quality looks to be quite good.

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:31 am

Glen, did you get a chance to hook up a battery to the gears, just curious if they run quieter than the Mato 3:1's?

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:57 am

Stince wrote:
Glen, did you get a chance to hook up a battery to the gears, just curious if they run quieter than the Mato 3:1's?

I hooked the undamaged set up to a pair of D cells to try; this is the set I am keeping for the Taigen Tiger (the Christmas present Very Happy )

The comparison is strictly by my observation and opinion;

1.) They are not silent but IMHO, the noise level is much lower; and this is without a load on them, I think when they are broken in, lubed and powering the tank, they will be even quieter. I like that.

2.) The gears are very precise and cleanly cut.

3.) They are very free-running, in both forward and reverse, there is no hesitation in starting when the D cells are hooked up (some on my Matos have not done as well in this caqtagory.

So far I like them and am looking forward to getting some for the JP. When they do come out with a set for the Pz IV, I could see that happening, too.

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 11:05 am

Glen B wrote:
I wish I had something better to report however, here's the developments;

- received the gearboxes today, well packed, packaging intact.

- one gearbox had a bent output shaft even though the packaging was totally undamaged

- IMHO, these will not fit the Panzer IV, see pictures. Basically, there is a spacial conflict between the gearbox assembly and the two posts in the front of the Pz IV hull.

I have sent this off in some emails, we will see how this works out, I will report on what transpires.

COMMENT

I was disappointed when I received these initially, however, here are my comments to date;

1.) Have bought a lot of leisure activity/hobby stuff over the years, some of it quite expensive.

2.) I don't care what the company, product or supplier is, from time to time they ALL have issues; it would be nice if that was not true, but it is.

3.) The importance to me how the manufacturer/supplier deals with the problems.

My experience has been that Curtis at Immortal Hobbies has been extremely helpful with this experience, including fielding my NUMEROUS questions, ultimately, I believe I will wind up with a good product.

It appears we have a new supplier that is interested in good customer service.

General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 8:00 pm

I noticed the gears look more precisely cut, just from the pictures. I'm curious if there are any videos of just the gearbox's running out there.

I like them, from what I've seen. I suppose if any of my Mato's self-destruct in a violent fashion, I'd be interested in these!

Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 8:29 pm

I have not seen any videos, they so run pretty smooth and true.

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 5:46 pm

UPDATE

I will be receiving replacement gearboxes next week that will fit my Jagdpanther (another project I have planned), these are to replace the Tiger set I cannot use in the Pz IV.

Curtis, at Immortal Hobbies, has been very pleasant and accommodating to deal with. There is a real desire there to take care of the customer, something I appreciate.

I will most certainly be placing further orders with Immortal Hobbies as the need arises, this includes the new gearboxes for the Pz IV, when they do become available.

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:43 pm

I tried the gear pulling/setting tool, that came with the set, on the Tiger I gearboxes this evening, it is easy to use and works quite well.

Sergeant
Sergeant
real_hulu

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 12:45 pm

could you show some photo on "gear pulling/setting tool"?
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 6:30 pm

I have ran into a gearbox problem with my Jagdpanther.

The left gearbox motor is higher than the one on the right, it is the cause of the fit problem because on my JP the shape of the upper hull varies from the Panther G and the top of the motor, 480 or stock Waltersons makes contact with the upper hull.

The first picture shows the mounting of the left motor (pinion missing, this was a test fitting), it has the stock Waltersons motor.

Waltersons Gearboxes Img_1010

The second picture shows the gap in the joint between the upper and lower hull that cannot be closed.

Waltersons Gearboxes Img_1011

The third picture shows "Blue Tac" usd as a fit indicator.

Waltersons Gearboxes Img_1012

The fourth picture shows the Blue Tac compressed from contact with the upper hull.

Waltersons Gearboxes Img_1013

The fith picture shows some Blue Tac with ink on it.

Waltersons Gearboxes Img_1014

The sixth picture shows the upper hull where the ink was transfered to it from making contact with the top of the motor.

Waltersons Gearboxes Img_1015

As I see it, there is not much to be done to correct this and so I will cancel my JP IR conversion.

I have established that the Waltersons with 480's will fit a HL Panther G so this will be going in one of my existing Panthers.

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 6:58 pm

real_hulu wrote:
could you show some photo on "gear pulling/setting tool"?

Pulling function;

Waltersons Gearboxes Img_1016

Setting function;

Waltersons Gearboxes Img_1017

Works quite well.

General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 7:57 am

Aww, Glen, that sucks! I really wanted to see a MEAN jagpanther out there tearing up the grass...

Any ideas if Waltersons will be selling that gear puller on its own? Looks like it'd work perfectly with Mato gears too.

Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:08 am

Strato50 wrote:
Aww, Glen, that sucks! I really wanted to see a MEAN jagpanther out there tearing up the grass....

Yeah, it has been a dissappointing season so far for my future builds and I have had to change my plans numerous times and I'm not finalized yet.

1.) The Taigen Tiger I came from the AFF Shop with a broken right Idler Arm (cast metal) broken, it is part of the track tensioner system. The AFF Shop os working on getting me a replacement, which is nice of them, since they have dropped the sales of Taigens.

2.) My IR conversion of the Pz IV was cancelled because I could not get an upgrade gearbox to fit. Waltersons is supposed to have one out soon, but we all know how 1/16 tank products often take longer to come out than anticipated, regardless of the manufacturer/supplier. So that may happen at some time from now.

3.) The JP was an idea I revived with the new gearboxes arriving on the market, they will fit an HL Panther, but on my JP they won't fit. Curtis at Immortal Hobbies said on RCU that he would work to get something to fit, however, that left motor needs to be about 1/8" lower than it is and I don't know how that can be achieved without a re-design and new product, there is simply too much stuff to jam in a given vertical space.

So, my build plans have been scaled back to;

Hope for a part for the Taigen in the next couple weeks, and shelve the others and likely put the Waltersons Panther gearbox in Panther 103.

Strato50 wrote:
Any ideas if Waltersons will be selling that gear puller on its own? Looks like it'd work perfectly with Mato gears too.

I haven't seen them offered separately, but it would be handy if they were.

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 9:39 pm

I ordered another set of 400 motors from Immortal Hobbies for the new Tiger Build Very Happy

Sergeant
Sergeant
real_hulu

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 2:30 pm

... the shipping fee is pain.... Almost 35$ just for gearbox.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waltersons Gearboxes   Waltersons Gearboxes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waltersons Gearboxes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1