Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Chimo Today at 7:05 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 12:17 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 I_voting_barTiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 I_voting_barTiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
Maczek
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 9:05 am

I had to reposition the battery to make room for the SLU.

In the Taigen, it lays flat, I turned it a 1/4 turn and it is secured with metal clips against a foam pad. It is secure but is easy to put in or remove and is held securely.

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Batter10

\the volume switch will be accessed through the driver's hatch.

It has to be placed on an angle because of its height, it does lign up nicely when the upper hull is in place.

It is held on a metal mount that I made up, with 2 sided tape.

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Volume10

Source of metal strip used for both;

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/SportsRec/Camping/CookingAccessories/PRD~0761551P/Broadstone+Tablecloth+Clamps%2C+6-Pk.jsp?locale=en

Captain
Captain
Stinger

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 9:47 am

One day when I grow up, I want to be a good as you....

Dam fine work !

Stinger

Can-Am Tank Club <<< Web site link

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member2.html
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 9:58 am

Stinger wrote:
One day when I grow up, I want to be a good as you....

Dam fine work !

Stinger

Thanks, some of it is made up as I go Wink

I have realized that I need one of those famous "Stinger Panzer Work Stations" for the Taigen with its "pop top" upper hull, especially when it goes operational.

Do you have a material list? If not, I took some " plagiarizing pictures" at one of the meets.

Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:49 am

I can make a material list with dimensions that work (after a few trials) and post it here in the next day or two for anyone wanting to make one...or I can make one up for you, no problem.

I honestly don't work on any of my tanks now without it.

Stinger

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Ian,

If you could do a list and dimensions that would be great.

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Stince wrote:
Ian,

If you could do a list and dimensions that would be great.

I'll second that! Very Happy

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Interior of the lower hull

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Img_1119

Initial painting NO markings, accessories, weatheing, clear coat, etc.; lots more to do;

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Img_1120

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Img_1121

Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:51 am

Hey Glen are those gear covers metal ? Is the spring tension holding them in place?
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 7:02 pm

knispel wrote:
Hey Glen are those gear covers metal ? Is the spring tension holding them in place?

They are aluminum dryer duct material.

Not real springy but they have enough tension to be held in place.

I have taken 12g wire insulation, split it and glued it on the edges where the motor wires contact it, to prevent damage to the wiring.

They should be handy since no tools are required to remove them, making checking the gears easier to do, especially since thew upper hull is easily removed on the Taigen Tiger I.

Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:27 pm

Looks sweet!
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:19 am

You're going to love this tank so much Very Happy

Does it still run metal tracks...?

Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 7:49 pm

Strato50 wrote:
You're going to love this tank so much Very Happy

I think if it lives up to the promise of the basic construction with the torsion bar suspension, metal axled road wheels, quick release upper hull plus the Waltersons Gearboxes with 400 motors, it should be great to operate and drive.

It was a nice, economical way to get a late version Tiger. too.

It does about 20 scale MPH with the smallest motor drive gear, the intermediate one would make it move like a Leopard Wink

Strato50 wrote:
Does it still run metal tracks...?

No, they are plastic, which is what I wanted. It is already pretty heavy with the metal lower hull "pan" and I want something with some battery life that won't sink into the longer grass too much.

These plastic tracks are more robust than the standard HL plastic tracks, though.

If this one works out, I think I will make up another one, maybe Abt 505?

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 9:36 pm

Markings are on, starting weathering, etc.

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Img_1211

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:19 am

Looks good Glen!

Did you get a chance to field test it yet?

Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 6:32 am

it runs 20 scale mph with the smallest motor drive pinion in the Waltersons Gearbox, 4 scale mph faster than my HL's with Mato 3:1's.

Suspension works very well, control and steering are very good.

of the Pan-Tiger Panzer Div.
Captain Action

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 7:30 pm

Nice looking tank and its fast too....eeek...

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 8:02 pm

Captain Action wrote:
Nice looking tank and its fast too....eeek...

Even faster (too fast?) with the middle drive pinion.

Perhaps this one's a "Sherman-ator" Shocked Wink Laughing

Starting to clear coat, now;

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Img_1213

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:35 am

How the Abt 506 Emblem went on, four steps;

1.) Yellow

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Stenci10

2.) Black

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Stenci11

3.) Red

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Stenci12

4.) White

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Stenci13

Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 10:47 am

The alignment is perfect ! How do you do that? Stencil ? Maybe can you show the steps (if stencil) how this is all applied?

Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 11:24 am

These stencils are transparent, so you can see the previous paint outlines under the one you are applying.

I don't know if I took any picture but will check my files.

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:37 pm

Example of the transparent material (this is a used bit which is part of the cross application), which makes accurate alignment of successive layers quite easy;

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Img_1216

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:25 pm

My camera, indoors, at night, with the flash makes it look glossy, it isn't, though.

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Tiger_10

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Tiger_11

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Tiger_12

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 12:51 am

Looks good Glen, that should blend in nicely on the battlefield come July and August when the grass turns yellow.

Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 8:41 pm

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 8:44 pm

You're going all out for this Tiger. Can't wait to see it on the battlefield!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours   Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger I, Late (Taigen from the AFF Museum Shop), to be done in Abt 506 Colours

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next