Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 10:07 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 7:46 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour I_vote_lcapSaying Hi, really interested in RC Armour I_voting_barSaying Hi, really interested in RC Armour I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour I_vote_lcapSaying Hi, really interested in RC Armour I_voting_barSaying Hi, really interested in RC Armour I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
Maczek
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey

Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crewman1965
Recruit
Crewman1965

Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Empty
PostSubject: Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour   Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2023 9:18 pm

Hi everyone, 
I’m curious about getting into the RC Tank hobby. Recently got back into 1/35 armour models and I’m really starting to get interested in RC Armour. Hoping to get a bit more insight, understand about the hobby and advise when it comes to picking up my first tank. 
Thx, 
Sean
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour   Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2023 9:14 pm

Hi Sean, welcome aboard! I probably built 200 armoured models when I was a kid and although finished to a high standard they just sat on the shelf and basically gathered dust unless I took them to a show. THIS IS MUCH MORE FUN! Now I build them and then take them to battle! :-) Where are you located?

Again welcome.
Dean

Too many tanks, not enough time....

Last edited by dgsselkirk on Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crewman1965
Recruit
Crewman1965

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour   Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2023 10:02 pm

Hi Dean,
I live in Whitby.
Sean
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour   Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2023 7:11 pm

Whitby! Did you see us at Aquino this year?

Welcome to the forum. We will be happy to answer your questions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Crewman1965
Recruit
Crewman1965

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour   Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2023 9:30 pm

Hi, I was actually at Aquino this year. Saw the RC club setup and demonstrations. Very impressed.

I used to volunteer at the museum as a member of the Op’s Team. I’ve had to step back due to other commitments. 

I just picked up a Heng Long 1/16 Sherman. It’s the 105mm version. My old Regiment used the 105mm Sherman’s back in Europe 1945. Each squadron had two 105mm Sherman attached to SHQ as support. Spent part of the weekend working on GGHG tank decals.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour   Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2023 9:59 pm

Well if you are free on Saturday there will be at least 2 of us at the field if the weather forecast holds. If you were impressed with the RC demos at Aquino the club's field will blow you away. So bring your tank and run it around. This is the thread we use for the non scheduled events to see if we will be there

https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com/t3225p125-informal-uncertified-battle-days-2023#30964
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour   Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2023 10:22 pm

Abteilung 506 wrote:
Well if you are free on Saturday there will be at least 2 of us at the field if the weather forecast holds. If you were impressed with the RC demos at Aquino the club's field will blow you away. So bring your tank and run it around. This is the thread we use for the non scheduled events to see if we will be there

https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com/t3225p125-informal-uncertified-battle-days-2023#30964
Lol... Whitby is further than you travel Martin...

But yes, if you have the time to come out on a Saturday that Mitch and Martin are tooling around with their tanks, plus any others that show up, do so. Plus the actual Battledays where there will be more people attending.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour   Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2023 10:30 pm

Not a huge difference when you factor in the upwards of 25 minutes it takes me to get 3.1 km from my place to Avenue Rd and the 401
Back to top Go down
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour   Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2023 3:56 pm

Crewman1965 wrote:
Hi everyone, 
I’m curious about getting into the RC Tank hobby. Recently got back into 1/35 armour models and I’m really starting to get interested in RC Armour. Hoping to get a bit more insight, understand about the hobby and advise when it comes to picking up my first tank. 
Thx, 
Sean

They are INSANE amounts of fun.  As a relative newcomer myself, there are two things I learned that I think are most worth sharing:

1. Whatever you get, make sure you get one with a metal gearbox.

2. Don't be afraid to ask for help, ever.

The place I get my tanks from is Matomart, and I have been very pleased with the service I have received (full disclosure: I use the entry-level Heng Long tanks): https://www.matomart.com/homepage.php

And, just to give you a taste of just how awesome these things are...

Back to top Go down
Crewman1965
Recruit
Crewman1965

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour   Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2023 8:40 pm

Thx Everyone, I’ll try for Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour   Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saying Hi, really interested in RC Armour

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1