Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» THIS YEARS SHIRTS and HATS!!!
The Sherman has arrived... Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:34 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
The Sherman has arrived... Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Yesterday at 5:22 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
The Sherman has arrived... Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 3:35 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
The Sherman has arrived... Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 12:15 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
The Sherman has arrived... Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
The Sherman has arrived... Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
The Sherman has arrived... Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
The Sherman has arrived... Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
The Sherman has arrived... Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
The Sherman has arrived... I_vote_lcapThe Sherman has arrived... I_voting_barThe Sherman has arrived... I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
The Sherman has arrived... I_vote_lcapThe Sherman has arrived... I_voting_barThe Sherman has arrived... I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
Maczek
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey

The Sherman has arrived...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

The Sherman has arrived... Empty
PostSubject: The Sherman has arrived...   The Sherman has arrived... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2023 10:30 am

Beyond all expectation, Matomart got my new Sherman to me on Friday, so part of this weekend was spent getting it ready.  Assuming we're going to be together again next year at Aquino Tank Weekend, here the latest addition to the Ontario Regiment that I will be contributing:

The Sherman has arrived... Img_2015
The Sherman has arrived... Img_2016
The Sherman has arrived... Img_2017

Many thanks to Dean for those wonderful decals!
Back to top Go down
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: The Sherman has arrived...   The Sherman has arrived... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2023 10:34 am

And another picture, just for good measure (also, I hit the simultaneous upload limit):

The Sherman has arrived... Img_2018

And, as of this acquisition, there are now more Sherman tanks in my home than any other type:

The Sherman has arrived... Img_2019

(From left to right, my 1:30 RC Sherman, my daughter's stuffy Sherman, my new Sherman, and my wife's Cobi Firefly.)
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: The Sherman has arrived...   The Sherman has arrived... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2023 10:39 am

Nice. I think the 50 Cal mount is backwards. You won't be hitting much German planes.
Back to top Go down
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: The Sherman has arrived...   The Sherman has arrived... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2023 11:02 am

MikeC wrote:
Nice. I think the 50 Cal mount is backwards. You won't be hitting much German planes.

I just checked and, huh...the assembly instructions were wrong.  Happily, it was an easy fix.  Thank you so much for catching that!

Now...just got to get the paint I need to put the tank commander into the correct Canadian battle dress colours.  I'm thinking I'll attach some Velcro to the bottom of the figure and inside the hatch so that I can have him in or out of the hatch as needed (seems to me that he would block the IR receiver in combat).

EDIT: I wonder if I could use two-sided tape to accomplish the same thing...or would it lose its stickiness after the figure has been removed and replaced a few times?

Assuming we're there, looking forward to seeing everybody at Aquino next year and driving the Sherman around the field (and this time I'll try to remember the bloody apples and chairs)!
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: The Sherman has arrived...   The Sherman has arrived... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2023 4:49 pm

Used magnets for the commander.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sherman has arrived...   The Sherman has arrived... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sherman has arrived...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1