Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 8:24 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day I_vote_lcapIf you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day I_voting_barIf you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day I_vote_lcapIf you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day I_voting_barIf you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Chimo
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Smittyburger

If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Empty
PostSubject: If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day   If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi Guys,

Just booked my room for Friday and Sat. night through Priceline.com and got it for $60.00 (plus taxes of course) it isn't anything special but all we need is a clean bed anyway. I have a Bunkie coming with me so the total was $145.30 with everything in so split in half $72.65 for 2 nights is pretty friggin cheap. It is at              
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oshawa
[url=http://www.reservationcounter.com/hotels/show/434436/la-quinta-inn-and-suites-oshawa/?TID=U6myKlHC|pcrid|4535134007&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=la quinta inn & suites oshawa on&utm_campaign=New Additions 4-22-14&mm_campaign=61e23501c3a7666376c173fa44c75e69&keyword=la quinta inn & suites oshawa on&hotelid=434436]http://www.reservationcounter.com/hotels/show/434436/la-quinta-inn-and-suites-oshawa/?TID=U6myKlHC|pcrid|4535134007&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=la%20quinta%20inn%20&%20suites%20oshawa%20on&utm_campaign=New%20Additions%204-22-14&mm_campaign=61e23501c3a7666376c173fa44c75e69&keyword=la%20quinta%20inn%20&%20suites%20oshawa%20on&hotelid=434436[/url]

and it is maybe 10 mins from the museum site. Anyone has any questions let me know!

TXS
Dean

Greetings all!

I had a great time on Saturday looking over the grounds and touring the work shops of the museum. As I was telling MikeC on the weekend when you see a tank as a monument in front of a legion or armoury it is nice to see but seems like a cold lifeless piece of metal but when you get up close to an operational vehicle they seem to have a soul. Especially with people (there were about 50 volunteers) crawling over and working on them. They have some very interesting vehicles in the works with a Canadian connection. 

I do feel old now however. They had a very nice Grizzly on hand from the early 80's. In fact back when I wore a funny green suit and I was attached to 1 RCR we actually went down to the locomotive shop in London and drove them back to our barracks so the one I rode in (I was R/O) had 3 kms. on it and had that new car smell Very Happy  Now it is a museum piece! Sad Got to run around a bit in an old APC that was fun. Hadn't done that in 30 odd years!

Anyway I digress... Everyone I talked to down there are excited for their first tank day and are really excited to have us coming. You won't want to miss this event. You pretty much have to travel south of the border to see anything like this. We will be right in the center of the action so I hope everyone can come out and show these guys and the general public just what it is we do. They are expecting at least a couple of thousand people and from what a couple of guys told me there are some modelers in their group who can't wait to see us as they want to get involved in the hobby! 

For the full list of events here is the link:
http://www.ontrmuseum.ca/OMVAevent.htm

And here is the map layout with our location top just to the right on a soccer field which means the grass will be trimmed but no hills to hide behind! The rain option will be in one of the 402 buildings. But like I always say plan for rain and it won't happen!:
If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Aquino10

As I had said before I will be headed down on the Friday morning to stake out our area, set up tents and tables, do any grass trimming, etc...Anyone who would like to join me is more than welcome! I will be booking my room through priceline and will let you know what I get. There are lots of hotels close by or you can camp too! 

Again guys let me know if you are interested in attending just so we can get an idea of rough numbers for passes from the museum. FYI the museum is not charging us to attend but a "donation" from the club of $7.00 each would be nice. That is the gate fee they are charging the public which in this day and age is pretty damn reasonable for an event if you ask me. And for those of you without appropriate head gear you will be able to do some shopping at the militaria show and sale! Very Happy 

Any questions at all let me know!!!

TXS
Dean

Too many tanks, not enough time....

Last edited by dgsselkirk on Fri May 09, 2014 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day   If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 8:53 pm

If the Field Marshal here has no objections, I'll be there!  viking 

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day   If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:59 pm

Looks like a big affirmative from me! Might even bring buddies Razz

Awesome recon Dean. Will you do 'contract' work? Wink

dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day   If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 8:27 am

Of course! What ever do you have in mind!

I just want to mention too that I have a big surprise for everyone from the club that comes and stays Sat. night...

Back to top Go down
Negaduck
Captain
Captain
Negaduck

PostSubject: Re: If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day   If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm

if needed i can check on the field to see what its like or if it needs to be cut better. it should be fairly dry since its used as a football (soccer) field and has a run off area

Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day   If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 7:45 pm

I am bringing my mower just in case. you are right, drainage should be no issue and the long range looks stunningly nice!

Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day   If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Norma and I just booked for Sat at the La Qunita . Expedia price matched and gave us $50 for our trouble.
It sounds like you may be there very early  so Norma and I  will try to be there before brunch  Rolling Eyes ( unless you need us there sooner .let me know ) What will you need  from us ?
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day   If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 8:40 pm

Excellent deal Ed! Derek and I are going down Friday for noon so we will be there all day Friday and Sat. Bring your trees and any buildings you have. We will add them when you get there.

Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day   If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 8:04 am

Just took a tour of the grounds on "google maps." You staked out a nice location for us .Thx
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day   If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you are looking for a cheap hotel for Tank Day

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1