Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Issues with atak zimmerit
Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeby ZackM Yesterday at 9:37 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:09 pm

» Churchill Crocodile
Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:42 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:55 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:20 pm

» Last order of TARR smokers...
Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeby Smittyburger Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:14 pm

» Stug (why can't i have a 4 letter title)
Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:52 pm

» WHAT IS THIS?
Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeby MikeC Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:35 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeby Maczek Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:50 pm

Top posting users this month
MikeC
Barrel smokers I_vote_lcapBarrel smokers I_voting_barBarrel smokers I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
Abteilung 506
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck
mx_599

Barrel smokers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

Barrel smokers Empty
PostSubject: Barrel smokers   Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2020 4:39 pm

Just got my shipment of barrel smokers that work with Clark boards!!!

Very excited about this! Here is the installation guide for HL tanks. The Clark one will be available this weekend. This is going to add some fun to our battles!!! :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9qCBoeBrxg&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1xLp08_2ZNpbtLwPCMTwSoltNVwBiZS9TAsLgIai0C8uoSqMK4gYuLMpI

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
kaptain Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
kaptain Jack

Barrel smokers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel smokers   Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2020 8:40 am

Wow! Game changer!
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Barrel smokers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel smokers   Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 1:11 am

So thanks to Dean I got two of the barrel smoker without the flash unit on Saturday at Mississauga. I had a chance to play with it a bit and it is just amazing how noone until now (Stanlley the man !) had thought of this.

In theory all you need to do is to have a proportional smoker, i.e. one with separate leads for the heating element and one for the pump motor. The idea is that with Heng Long BB/Recoil, you already have a mechanical motor to push the barrel/BB piston back, and then the trigger switch would release it and creating the forward motion for the recoil/BB. 

So for a barrel smoker, all you are doing is hook up the pump motor to the BB/recoil motor connection, hook up the heating element to the smoker connection, and create a trigger switch. So in sequence what you have to happen is the following:

1. Smoker heating element is heated up and full of smoke waiting for the pump
2. BB/Recoil motor lead starts the pump motor
3. Trigger switch cuts the pump motor.

This is so simple and elegant it is truly amazing. Like I said in theory anyone that has a proportional smoker can DIY this, but Stanlley's heating element is very good, and the pump is the new style from Heng Long (which is actually just just an aquarium pump) which is much quieter and more efficient. Plus all the bits and pieces (like a long silicone tubing and the actual trigger switch) are all very nice, and we should support it simply for the IP. However, we all have the necessary bits in our parts bin to do this.

MikeC.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Barrel smokers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel smokers   Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 2:46 pm

Here is the video of the first try with an IBU2U on my Chieftain, with the small kick-up recoil. For some strange reason IBU2U doesn't even need the mechanical kill switch, so all I did was hook up the smoker heater, plug the pump connection for the BB/Recoil port, use a smaller airbursh air tubing for the barrel and that is what it looks like. IBU2U has a radio switch to turn the smoker on/off so don't need the engine running either to get smoke.

Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

Barrel smokers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel smokers   Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 9:49 am

When I saw this on the field I thought I had imagined it, or perhaps it was just one of my eye floaters. But no, it really looked cool.
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Barrel smokers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel smokers   Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 9:53 am

This is much better. I think this might be the one you saw on the field last weekend:

Back to top Go down
treemagnet
Sergeant
Sergeant

Barrel smokers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel smokers   Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 10:03 am

I like the smoke out the side of the barrel
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Barrel smokers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel smokers   Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 10:30 am

Yup........The way it is suppose to with a muzzle brake I think.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Barrel smokers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel smokers   Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 12:21 pm

MikeC wrote:
Yup........The way it is suppose to with a muzzle brake I think.

Muzzle brakes are meant for 2 purposes.

1. reduction/control of recoil
  2. Redirection of a portion of escaping gases

While the first portion is actually directly associated to the redirection of escaping gases caused by combusting propellant, the redirection is to ensure that the expelled gasses in front of the muzzle are minimized for follow up discharges (More fired shells on target).
Most anti personnel snipers do not use muzzle brakes due to the gasses blowing up dirt/dust at their position during firing...

Most modern tanks also do not use a cannon muzzle brake as it interferes with discarding sabot rounds when fired. (Affects accuracy)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Barrel smokers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel smokers   Barrel smokers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 11:19 pm

Well its a fake tank.

I still like it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Barrel smokers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel smokers   Barrel smokers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barrel smokers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1