Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Issues with atak zimmerit
MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeby ZackM Yesterday at 9:37 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:09 pm

» Churchill Crocodile
MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:42 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:55 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:20 pm

» Last order of TARR smokers...
MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeby Smittyburger Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:14 pm

» Stug (why can't i have a 4 letter title)
MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:52 pm

» WHAT IS THIS?
MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeby MikeC Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:35 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeby Maczek Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:50 pm

Top posting users this month
MikeC
MATO  Metal tanks I_vote_lcapMATO  Metal tanks I_voting_barMATO  Metal tanks I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
MATO  Metal tanks I_vote_lcapMATO  Metal tanks I_voting_barMATO  Metal tanks I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
ZackM
Negaduck
mx_599
Smittyburger

MATO Metal tanks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
red_noir
Recruit

MATO  Metal tanks Empty
PostSubject: MATO Metal tanks   MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 10:09 am

Hey Guys,

Anyone have experience with Mato's metal Tiger's or Panzers?
is it worth the money going all metal? what are your experiences?

Chuck
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

MATO  Metal tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MATO Metal tanks   MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 3:34 pm

There is nothing wrong with all metal as long as you have a driveline to support them. Heavier tank = more driveline stresses and required force to move. Usually however, they can go through taller grass and have a more realistic track look to them.

Only ever seen Mato Sherman's myself however...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
red_noir
Recruit

MATO  Metal tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MATO Metal tanks   MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 7:54 pm

Totally understandable in regards to weight and the stress on the driveline. I’m currently deciding between the panzer 3 or king tiger unpainted. Still deciding if I should get the IR versions or just get the static ones and put my own R/C gear in them.
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

MATO  Metal tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MATO Metal tanks   MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 9:21 pm

Cindy's Stug III is MATO all metal. A little issue with track tension but over all nice tank. thumbs up

MATO  Metal tanks 6-7-1910

Captain
Captain
Negaduck

MATO  Metal tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MATO Metal tanks   MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2020 6:36 pm

i really want to have a look inside that stug. having problems mounting my taigen gearboxes to the mat lower i have

Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

MATO  Metal tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MATO Metal tanks   MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 3:01 pm

NP! It might be better to take pics and send them to ya. The border isn't likely to reopen for a while yet. Sad

Field Marshal
Field Marshal

MATO  Metal tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MATO Metal tanks   MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 3:48 pm

Shoveler74 wrote:
Cindy's Stug III is MATO all metal. A little issue with track tension but over all nice tank. thumbs up

Wow love it. The track tension looks perfect to me ! And that battle unit.
Back to top Go down
Negaduck
Captain
Captain
Negaduck

MATO  Metal tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MATO Metal tanks   MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Shoveler74 wrote:
NP! It might be better to take pics and send them to ya. The border isn't likely to reopen for a while yet. Sad
we could always send a rc boat across the river. if anything it would be funny to see the look of the custom peoples face to see a rc tank being smuggled across the border then returned

Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

MATO  Metal tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MATO Metal tanks   MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 7:50 pm

Hmmmmm. We should look into that possibility. Ha haaaa. This is the only pic I have of the drives at the moment. This is when it was brand new and I hadn't messed with it at all yet. 

Mike. I liked that Piranha unit. Couldn't get it to work right though. It was taking hits from every direction. It has a normal Tamiya apple now. I still have it and may try it again.

MATO  Metal tanks 3-23-110

Retired
knispel

MATO  Metal tanks Empty
PostSubject: Hey now ,did you stage this with our flag in the background just to let us know you miss being at battle days?   MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 9:45 am

Shoveler74 wrote:

Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

MATO  Metal tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MATO Metal tanks   MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 3:11 pm

Good eye Ed. Yes. The Canadian Flag is the only reason I took the picture. Wink And yes, I do miss being able to be there for battle days!

Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

MATO  Metal tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MATO Metal tanks   MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 7:08 pm

And we miss having you here!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Sponsored content

MATO  Metal tanks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MATO Metal tanks   MATO  Metal tanks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MATO Metal tanks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1