Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» THIS YEARS SHIRTS and HATS!!!
hello New and eager recruit Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:34 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
hello New and eager recruit Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Yesterday at 5:22 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
hello New and eager recruit Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 3:35 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
hello New and eager recruit Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 12:15 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
hello New and eager recruit Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
hello New and eager recruit Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
hello New and eager recruit Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
hello New and eager recruit Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
hello New and eager recruit Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
hello New and eager recruit I_vote_lcaphello New and eager recruit I_voting_barhello New and eager recruit I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
hello New and eager recruit I_vote_lcaphello New and eager recruit I_voting_barhello New and eager recruit I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
Maczek
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey

hello New and eager recruit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheMariner
Recruit

hello New and eager recruit Empty
PostSubject: hello New and eager recruit   hello New and eager recruit Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2022 7:08 pm

hello, not new to RC I fly Airplanes/Drones/Model Boats, and am now looking to add Tanks to that list, I would like to know if there are ready to go packages available or is it all custom building that is required, how hard or easy is it to get started, is it best to have someone whom i just buy my first one from or is any one going to require lots of modification to work.  So as you see lots of questions going to be coming looking for answers and to get my hands stuck in.  thanks for the ADD looking forward to having lots of fun with you all. 

Bryan
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: hello New and eager recruit   hello New and eager recruit Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2022 8:47 pm

Hey Bryan,

There is always buying and selling happening so I am sure you will get offers. Bigger question is whether you need radio as well as most people tend to have their own already. Technically you can use any 4 channel radios but it is best to have two centering stick which basically exclude all Drone/Plane radio.

Also price range would help if you have some budget as they do vary quite a bit from material (plastic or metal) to brand (Heng Long to Tamiya).

Should try to come out to our next meet. We just had one today unfortunately.

Regards,

MikeC.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: hello New and eager recruit   hello New and eager recruit Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2022 11:28 pm

As the current "new guy" Very Happy my advice would be to hold off buying anything until our 3 day battle weekend on July. 8,9,10. Getting the right advice and the right tank right off the bat will save you a lot of money and I'm sure someone will have a tank board/radio combo available for sale that weekend to get you started. Be careful I rolled in to a field work day last April with a tank and now own 10 tanks and don't regret it one bit Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: hello New and eager recruit   hello New and eager recruit Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 9:03 am

Hi Bryan,

I always find for your first tank figure out which tank you really like. Then as the boys say, come out to a meet, we always have tanks for people to try and you can get advise and opinions and then go from there. And yes, there is always someone with tanks to sell.... :-)

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: hello New and eager recruit   hello New and eager recruit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2022 7:26 am

Your first tank should also include a budget.

Buying a $1000 Tamiya or buying a $250 Heng Long and adding at least $200 of electronic upgrades...

After your first tank, the budget won't matter anymore...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello New and eager recruit   hello New and eager recruit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hello New and eager recruit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1