Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» THIS YEARS SHIRTS and HATS!!!
Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:34 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Yesterday at 5:22 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 3:35 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 12:15 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath I_vote_lcapDerek's Comet - Ala Jarlath I_voting_barDerek's Comet - Ala Jarlath I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath I_vote_lcapDerek's Comet - Ala Jarlath I_voting_barDerek's Comet - Ala Jarlath I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
Maczek
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey

Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Empty
PostSubject: Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath   Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2023 8:15 pm

Rebuilding Derek's busted "Comet".
Based off a T-34 chassis, with a A-34 Comet upper.

Recoil was non-functional. Added some minimal other upgrades without costing a fortune... Derek also wanted a turret mountedon/off switch. 

So the lower hull got a stiffening brace, partial resin poured hull, an upgraded board mount and general wiring clean up. 
Upper hull got a wiring clean up. 

Most of the work was in the turret. The turret roof was CA glued closed and the rest was epoxied together. Cut away the turret roof and add in the magnets, braces, new TBU Base, IR Emitter, rebuild the recoil system and add in the switch.
Worked out pretty well.

Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Comet-17
Cleaned up the battery tray and put in a partial resin pour for getting a nice solid foundation for mounting.

Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Comet-18
Added a hull stiffening brace and an elevated board mount due to space for the battery area.
Motors, speaker, and RX cables already installed. I like them neat! TK-22 so original speaker stays.

Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Comet-16
Where most of the work was done. Roof was CA glued closed, rest of turret is epoxied together. Magnetize the multi section roof.
Add in a power switch accessible from the opening hatch, rebuild the servo tray (that was cracked).
And finally... replace the horrible gear driven system that was recoil.

Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Comet-19
That is fully wired up except the barrel flash and RX. Sooo clean!

Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Comet-20
New Tamiya/DGS TBU Base installed (FU HL Apple!) Braced so it can be pushed down. IR Emitter can be removed.
Power switch in hatch.

Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Comet-21
Ready to get back to battling!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath   Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2023 8:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath   Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2023 5:35 pm

Very Nice!!!  thumbs up

Now I need to get the paint mix from Dean, so I can retouch up the dents and scratches.
Plus fix the back vent.

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath   Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2023 6:59 pm

Will be nice to see the Comet on the field. They are cool looking tanks. Well until it starts shooting me up Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath 1f600
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath   Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2023 11:36 pm

Very nice indeed. Now Mike you need to get a steady cam !
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath   Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2023 12:12 am

MikeC wrote:
Very nice indeed. Now Mike you need to get a steady cam !
LOL... Was trying to one hand an 9XR Pro TX for controls while holding the phone. Smile
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath   Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2023 11:01 pm

Stince wrote:
Very Nice!!!  thumbs up

Now I need to get the paint mix from Dean, so I can retouch up the dents and scratches.
Plus fix the back vent.
Remind me and I will bring you a little bottle...

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath   Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2023 10:37 am

Very nice!

PostSubject: Re: Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath   Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derek's Comet - Ala Jarlath

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1