Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» How many Ontario Regiment shermans will be at Aquino this year?
ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Today at 3:29 pm

» 1/6 Dragon Jeep Kit
ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 3:24 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Yesterday at 11:27 am

» Matomart Sale again
ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun May 05, 2024 10:59 pm

» TongDe New Tank
ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 5:48 pm

» Martin's PZ III combat god?
ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 9:39 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun May 05, 2024 1:52 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_vote_lcapED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_voting_barED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_vote_lcapED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_voting_barED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
Smittyburger
MikeC
Jarlath
Robert B. Marks
Negaduck
Maczek

ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

ED REIMER MEMORIAL WEEKEND!
Yes, I will be coming the whole weekend!
ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_vote_lcap25%ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Maczek, dgsselkirk, Hammertime999999999
Yes, can't make it Friday but will be there Saturday and Sunday
ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_vote_lcap33%ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
MikeC, Abteilung 506, treemagnet, Stince
Yes, I will be coming Saturday only
ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_vote_lcap25%ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
hachleopard2, Smittyburger, AngryMonkey
Yes, I will be coming Sunday only
ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_vote_lcap0%ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Sorry, I can't make it
ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_vote_lcap17%ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Renesis, Jarlath
Not sure yet
ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_vote_lcap0%ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

+8
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Abteilung 506
treemagnet
Hammertime999999999
Smittyburger
Stince
AngryMonkey
12 posters
Poll closed

AuthorMessage
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Empty
PostSubject: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2023 11:09 am

Well, here we are the last battle weekend of the summer and this year! And this one is special. This is the second annual Ed Reimer Memorial Battle weekend. A tribute to our friend and co-founder of the KW Garrison and the field named in his honour. We expect  the fly boys will be doing their fly in on at least Saturday but there will be flying all weekend as usual. I think we will be having quite a few guests coming as well so bring all your stuff to show off! :-). Everyone cross your fingers for the weather! We haven't had a lot of luck this year! 

Friday:

4 to 7 set up and maybe a little play. All help appreciated!

Saturday:

8 to 10:30 Tank certifications if needed and general drive around and battle tune ups.
10:30 to 10:45 open class battle
11:00 to 11:45 open class battle
11:45 to 12:30 first "TOTY Battles"
12:30 to 1:30 LUNCH this time we are going to do CHICKEN WINGS AND CORN WITH CARROT CAKE FOR DESSERT!  for Saturday lunch COST WILL BE A MEASLEY $10.00 FOR SUCH A FEAST!
1:45 to 2:30 tank mystery driving challenge!
2:45 to 3:30 second "TOTY Battles"
3:45 to 4:30 third "TOTY Battles"
4:45 to 5:30 open class battles
5:45 to 8:00 dusk battles and river burning tribute. Ed always liked fire...

Sunday:

9 to 10:30 general drive around and battle tune ups
10:45 to 11:30 open class battle
11:45 to 12:30 Final TOTY Battles"
12:45 to 1:30 LUNCH Burgers, Hot dogs and salad. Please bring $5.00 for this lunch!
1:45 to 2:30 tank mystery driving challenge!
2:45 to 3:30 open class battles
3:45 to.... pack up and thanks for coming!

All comments welcome and PLEASE AS ALWAYS MARK THE POLL!!!

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2023 1:04 pm

My weekend for this event is pooched...
The Weekend of this event once again co-insides with TACCOM Canada.. I am in charge of setting up and tearing down the CSSA Booth.

Normally I'd setup, play tanks for most of the weekend and Sunday head back to tear down the booth.
This time around I'll be Quebec and I won't even be setting up the booth this year...

I'll see if I can get Victor to come out and battle a bit.
Sigh... Many battles in ED's honour! 

$10 for all you can eat chicken wings? Smile I'm missing that! ^%$%$#^%$
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2023 3:58 pm

Are there no more battle days in September, October or November after this one?
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2023 6:43 pm

Yessss..... the LAST WEEKEND BATTLE OF THE YEAR. Very Happy

Lots more battledays check the schedule...
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2023 11:15 pm

Jarlath wrote:

$10 for all you can eat chicken wings? Smile I'm missing that! ^%$%$#^%$
And where pray tell does it say all you can eat??? LOL!

Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2023 10:08 am

And when is this ?

Ooops nevermind.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2023 4:54 pm

Please make sure you mark the forum guys, so we know what to do for food...

Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2023 10:59 pm

Freaking expensive hotel. What is it with Kitchener/Waterloo ? The Holiday Inn at St Jacobs is asking $200 a night again. 

Actually booked Victoria Motel because they were asking $76 a night. Then I read the review and realize I will also need to buy some drugs and get a hooker if I stay there, which would run way more than $200 so I cancelled it. Very Happy

Back at the Inn of Waterloo and Conference Centre again, my usual hangout and in the middle of nowhere, away from any trouble I might get myself into.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2023 12:21 am

St. Jacobs Friday and Saturday hotel prices are insane especially since the taxes aren't immediately shown unlike everywhere outside of Canada. I can get equivalent hotels in places like London for the same and even cheaper in Berlin or Munich. I used Hilton points the last multi day battle but this time I'll just spend the extra $70 in gas and 4 hours driving instead
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2023 12:25 am

This is why this will be the last year with weekend battles in Waterloo. Aquino is expensive enough ...

Also the majority of players come on the Saturday anyway. Even Hach is coming Saturday! :-)

Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2023 12:32 am

The Victoria Motel would have been interesting 45 years ago I must admit Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Captain
Captain
Hammertime999999999

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2023 5:36 pm

Just throwing it out there...have you out-of-towners considered sharing an airbnb or vrbo house?

Might be cheaper all things considered...
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2023 6:42 pm

Even hotel room we can share, but getting too old to do that stuff now. If I am coming out every weekend I might consider it. 

Now just treat it as a getaway weekend without my better half.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2023 12:57 am

It's not so much the cost of the room but the very high possibility of last minute battle day cancellations. That works for you local K-W people but not so much if you are paying $250 for a non refundable hotel rate. Much easier to just do the drive knowing sort of what the weather holds. The 401 construction is gradually being completed so the fall drives aren't so bad
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2023 9:16 am

Martin I only book refundable ones up to the day before so that’s not an issue for me. My complication is my schedule that I might jot make it due to work in addition to the weather.
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Captain
Captain
Hammertime999999999

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2023 3:40 pm

Just wondering if it is possible for one of the mods to move this thread into the Battle Days forum?
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Captain
Captain
Hammertime999999999

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2023 5:19 pm

THX mod for moving thread.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 3:40 pm

Looks like Sunday is going to be a rainout.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 3:42 pm

What weather app are you one Martin ? Mine says clear sunshine.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 3:44 pm

Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 3:47 pm

We seen worst. 15% chance of 1-3mm is not a rainout mate.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 3:54 pm

I agree but not sure I'm going to bother driving up if only a couple of people come out. I'll decide when I wake up Sunday morning
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 5:06 pm

For a change I am probably committed on Sunday since staying over Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 5:43 pm

We will have some fun Sunday no problem...grin

Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Captain
Captain
Hammertime999999999

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 7:12 pm

The weather app says Saturday and Sunday will have great weather...here’s hoping.

Weather forecast has changed 10 times in the last few days though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!   ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ED REIMER MEMORIAL BATTLE WEEKEND!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next