Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» THIS YEARS SHIRTS and HATS!!!
Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 9:09 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Yesterday at 5:22 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 3:35 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 12:15 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart I_vote_lcapLatest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart I_voting_barLatest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart I_vote_lcapLatest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart I_voting_barLatest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
Maczek
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey

Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Empty
PostSubject: Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart   Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2024 7:12 pm

So I purchased two T1 and one KV board from Matomart on my last order. The KV was fine as far as I can tell, but one of the T1 board will not file the cannon. Th strange part is that I can get elevation, engine start and MG, which means that it is reading that channel, but no matter what I do I couldn't get cannon fire. 

Thinking it might be my radio which doesn't make sense but you never know, I swap it with the second T1 board I got, and it can fire no problem. So it is not the radio. However, then I realized that the elevation is doing really strange stuff, so I plug in the volt meter and found out that the elevation port is given out constant voltage.

My work around right now is to switch the tank to use servo elevation which is fine. I hate the Clark's motor elevation and servo elevation control anyway, but I am now worry that I have a bad batch of Clark boards.

Did I mentioned I hate Clark boards ? I am just getting used to them again, small plugs and all, after the defection to Tamiya and IBUs and now this.

I might have to start looking at Heng Long 7.1's just for playing around boards. The new guy Chris has it on the PanTiger at the March 9th meet and it worked great. Since it is only 5 hits and not adjustable I can just use them for all my mediums like Shermans etc.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart   Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2024 8:02 pm

Odd... TK-22's are pretty much bulletproof unless you burn out a FET. I've had dozens of them... Literally...

Likely a soldering/circuit issue on the board. Note the error, send it back to Matomart (if you can?).
Refund/replace?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart   Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2024 10:23 pm

big Mike, we discussed this problem with the clarks from Mato. We had to change the elevation back to regular from servo and that fixed that exact problem MikeC.

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart   Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2024 11:16 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:
big Mike, we discussed this problem with the clarks from Mato. We had to change the elevation back to regular from servo and that fixed that exact problem MikeC.

Damn. I had too much time today. Already converted it to servo elevation. Probably for the better anyway. 

What do you mean by converting back to regular from servo ? Is it set for servo as a default ? I have no change the elevation setting.

Still doesn't address my firing problem on board # 1 but I have a feeling it is a radio issue even thought it didn't happen after I swap the board, but one problem at a time.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart   Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2024 11:30 pm

Yes, it did affect the firing because you can't fire while the gun is elevating. I am sure it fixed both problems because it did EXACTLY the same thin on the Sherman boards I got. Prices on Matomart have gone up again. I might have to start ordering direct again... :-)

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart   Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2024 3:05 pm

Okay thanks mate.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart   Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2024 7:41 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:

Well that worked. When I turn on servo rotation I can fire again. I assume that it is the elevation motor like you said. Someone had their logic gate programming messed up. It should be the other way around.

Either way though there shouldn't be power to the elevation motor regardless of the setting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart   Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest batch of Tk-22A from Matomart

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1