Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 6:53 pm

» 1/6 Dragon Jeep Kit
Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 4:51 pm

» THIS YEARS SHIRTS and HATS!!!
Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 1:09 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 7:35 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 4:15 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:56 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Can Am Fall Meeting I_vote_lcapCan Am Fall Meeting I_voting_barCan Am Fall Meeting I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Can Am Fall Meeting I_vote_lcapCan Am Fall Meeting I_voting_barCan Am Fall Meeting I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
Maczek
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
treemagnet

Can Am Fall Meeting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

Can Am Fall Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Can Am Fall Meeting   Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 11:19 pm

Sunday evening we will be having a meeting to discuss the business of the Club.

Topics will involve items such as:

Winter Schedule
Field Upgrades
Policies and procedures
Hall bookings
End of Season get together
Forum and Web site upgrades
The Membership
2014 schedule
The New TeamSpeak3 Channel
Goals and Objectives for 2014

If there are items you wish to have discussed, please feel free to post them in this thread or send me a PM.

Thanks.

Stinger

Can-Am Tank Club <<< Web site link

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member2.html
Negaduck
Captain
Captain
Negaduck

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Fall Meeting   Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 11:58 pm

this sunday even as in the 17 of november

Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Fall Meeting   Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:32 am

As in two days from now. So, if you have any comments or suggestions you would like brought up, let me know in this post or send me a PM.

Stinger

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Fall Meeting   Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 10:03 pm

Were because that's tomorrow .....
Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Fall Meeting   Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Just so I am clear...

We are not having a general public meeting.  That could possible happen in the near future.   This meeting will be with Glen, Derek and myself. We will be discussing the items listed above.

This post was made so that, if you had any comments, suggestions or ideas that you would like to have discussed send me a PM.

Next week, I will be posting the TeamSpeak channel information.  In order for you to use teamspeak, you will need a head or a boom mic, but I will go over that shortly.  Stay tuned.

Stinger

Back to top Go down
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Fall Meeting   Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:29 pm

Well don't have Nither so no team speak for me .....I'm old school I like general meetings and get togethers ....let's the agrivations ideas good and bad all out ...also nothing like a good social
Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Fall Meeting   Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:44 pm

Distance prevents the good 'ol meetings. A head set or boom Mic can be had for $20.00. It provides an opportunity for people to get together for a 30 minute meeting who live 4 hours away. If we asked everyone to come 3-4 hours of driving for a 30 minute meeting, no one would show up and I wouldn't blame them.

We are discussing a good 'ol fashion get together, so stay tuned.

Stinger

Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Fall Meeting   Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 12:42 am

Teamspeak is an excellent idea...
The list for you 3 is large enough no new topics from me!

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Fall Meeting   Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:12 am

Excellent the only thing I can suggest is upping the annual dues from 20 to 40 or even 50 annually the extra cash can be put directly into field improvements even though I have offered I will bring the nessisary equipment out to the field for the improvements and what not ....I'm talking for brick , stone , turf or sod , even wood for perminent structures like trenches
Back to top Go down
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Fall Meeting   Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:13 am

I'm my eyes its not too much for anyone in the club to dish up once a year
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Fall Meeting   Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:54 am

I agree, even $50 a year is not too much to belong to a club really... S**T  look what we spend on tanks! LOL! We do all this work you need somewhere to run them and there is no way any of the local guys (Glen, Ian, I am talking about you in particular!) should be out of pocket.

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Fall Meeting   Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 4:17 am

The dues are a lil tough especially for younger people who we don't want to discourage. This is why we have recently come up with other ideas on raising funds for the club. T-shirts sales, 50/50 draw. It was hoped the tiger tank draw could do something for us, but either too late in the year or not enough interest. We can certainly entertain other fund raisers. We can bring the topic up for discussion and debate.

Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Fall Meeting   Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 1:06 pm

Stinger wrote:
The dues are a lil tough especially for younger people who we don't want to discourage.  This is why we have recently come up with other ideas on raising funds for the club.  T-shirts sales, 50/50 draw.  It was hoped the tiger tank draw could do something for us, but either too late in the year or not enough interest.   We can certainly entertain other fund raisers.  We can bring the topic up for discussion and debate.

I agree.

Personally, I am resistant to paying more because of my present involvement;

- Providing the fuel to cut the field through the season
- Spending 6 to 8 hours/month cutting and trimming the field, both to maintain it and prior to meets (this could be shortened if I brought my tractor over but it would damage the landscape features on the field)
- Participating in approx. 80% of the work parties on field improvements (this is done by hand because machinery would disrupt the field)
- Monitoring the weather several times/day, daily, several times/day during te outdoor season and spending time deliberating, with Stinger and Stince to decide if a meet should be held or called off.
- Numerous communications with the people at Black Creek for scheduling, dues and other various questions and concerns.
- Assisting Stince and Stinger with event planing

I have volunteered and chosen to do these tasks because I wanted to promote the club, can make the time to do them and I have the convieniance of living close to the field.

It does take time from other things I need, or want to do, though.

Both Stince and Stinger put a lot of time in behind the scenes, to name a few catagories (I know I have left some things out);

Stinger has donated a lot of material, done a lot of the tough work on the work parties, takes the good pictures everyone wants to see, maintains the website, participates in event planing and works on creative promotional ideas.

Stince keeps this forum going, works on event planing and gets special items printed.

Others have contributed where they can, as well.

I do not believe it is practical to create a "two tiered" membership, the question of what qualifies for compensation becomes a difficult question.  This is why Stinger came up with the various fund raising plans such as the draws, the idea was to keep the basic dues low and have something that had voluntary contributions and hold people's interest.
Back to top Go down
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Fall Meeting   Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 6:14 pm

Oh hell you. Guys should know that I would if needed bring the machinery down and if materials need to be hauled I have numerous trailers I would just do it for the club no charge but when it comes down for my dues its a 50 like it or not
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Fall Meeting   Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 3:56 am

Do let us know what came up Stinger, for the moment I can't really think of any concerns with the club. This has been a great year for improvements and involvement, I like what's already taken place.

Hope much was discussed!

Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Fall Meeting   Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 4:01 am

Thanks for the interest. Because this is the first of many monthly meetings, a lot needed to be covered and we have just adjourned for the evening and will continue tomorrow night. A lot of good conversation and discussion on over 20 different topics.

A summary of the conversations will follow later this week once we have gathered information that was not at hand.

Thanks again.

Stinger

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Fall Meeting   Can Am Fall Meeting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can Am Fall Meeting

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1