Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Ideas...... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 10:51 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Ideas...... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Ideas...... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Ideas...... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Ideas...... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Ideas...... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Ideas...... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Ideas...... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Ideas...... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Ideas...... - Page 2 I_vote_lcapIdeas...... - Page 2 I_voting_barIdeas...... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Ideas...... - Page 2 I_vote_lcapIdeas...... - Page 2 I_voting_barIdeas...... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Chimo
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
treemagnet
Smittyburger

Ideas......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

Ideas...... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas......   Ideas...... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 10:35 pm

P.S. I am not an admin. I am not an executive, I just try to do some club marketing and arrange some off site meets and be a bit of a cheerleader... I also like to dabble in making things to sell a little bit just to finance my habit and hopefully finance another field here in KW at some point in the next couple of years... :-)

HOWEVER I do agree with Tiger on one point about website and facebook page that we do need these either killed or updated for sure...

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Ayu
Recruit

Ideas...... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas......   Ideas...... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 11:59 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:
I think the ACC may be a bit of a stretch. Last time I worked with CPI I think it was about $300000 for one night...

Go big or go home means very deep pockets. We actually have started in the last couple of years trying to do other events tied in. For example the weekend coming up in Oshawa Aquino Day which they are expecting 10,000 visitors over the weekend. Cost to our club? Zilch. You just have to pay the $20.00 admittance fee and come play for a day or the weekend...
If Anime North (animation, cartoons etc) can do it, I am sure if we round up all of the R/C communities out there, we can afford it too!

Remember we are not doing this alone, the point of this is to introduce all of our R/C (whether it's a car, truck, plane or a tank) to the outside world and hope they will gain interest of coming in to our lovely hobby! This process will make a lot of money too! 

It doesn't cost $300k, if we are not renting the whole lot (1 million sq ft+++). These building are meant to rent out for people like us to host a convention or trying to...

Ideas...... - Page 2 Tcc10 

Glen B
Ayu wrote:

If I was Dean or an admin here, I wouldn't even consider of charging a member a single dime for their membership fee! 

Currently, the membership fee goes to allowing us to use the field and facilities that we have been able to meet at since 2011.

Current fee is $25.00/year which pays for the use of the club, facilities, field which is ours to use and we operate under their insurance; I don't believe they are gouging us at $25.00/year/member for what they provide.

Just a metaphor, the point is not about the gouging... 

The $25 is for members or people that play R/C, and if I never met Jack or own a tank, I wouldn't know about this site and it's existence. What I am trying to say is if this club join up with the R/C communities, we will be able to host a convention or do something big, and get more attention from the public than our little close up community! In return, this hobby can expand and more people will join in and make this club grows.
Back to top Go down

Ideas......

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2