Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Issues with atak zimmerit
Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeby ZackM Yesterday at 9:37 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:09 pm

» Churchill Crocodile
Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:42 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:55 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:20 pm

» Last order of TARR smokers...
Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeby Smittyburger Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:14 pm

» Stug (why can't i have a 4 letter title)
Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:52 pm

» WHAT IS THIS?
Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeby MikeC Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:35 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeby Maczek Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:50 pm

Top posting users this month
MikeC
Clark's Recoil Kit I_vote_lcapClark's Recoil Kit I_voting_barClark's Recoil Kit I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
Clark's Recoil Kit I_vote_lcapClark's Recoil Kit I_voting_barClark's Recoil Kit I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
ZackM
Negaduck
mx_599
Smittyburger

Clark's Recoil Kit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

Clark's Recoil Kit Empty
PostSubject: Clark's Recoil Kit   Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 11:09 am

Awhile ago I ordered a couple of Clarks recoil kit ( http://www.clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html ) and finally installed one into my Panzer IV

I've gotta say they're pretty sweet. Went together quickly, and with minimal filing and a bit of trimming with my knife I got it working. Direct bolt-in to any existing HengLong turret, strong and super smooth. Recommend. 

Clark's Recoil Kit 20160625_000002_zpsnhwarsnv

Clark's Recoil Kit 20160625_040552_zpstluoevfz

Clark's Recoil Kit 20160625_041024_zpsbg9ege59

Strato50
General
General
Strato50

Clark's Recoil Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark's Recoil Kit   Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 11:21 am

Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Clark's Recoil Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark's Recoil Kit   Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 9:33 am

I put mine together last night. Very slick and works well. Glad I bought 2. The second one is getting measured up and 3D modeled so I can 3D print my own and customise as needed (T-34 mounting bracket, etc...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Stince
General
General
Stince

Clark's Recoil Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark's Recoil Kit   Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 2:17 pm

Jarlath wrote:
I put mine together last night. Very slick and works well. Glad I bought 2. The second one is getting measured up and 3D modeled so I can 3D print my own and customize as needed (T-34 mounting bracket, etc...)

Put me down for one of T-34 with mounting bracket.  Mine was all cracked from the factory and have rebuilt about 7 times, and the dang thing keeps breaking apart.

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Clark's Recoil Kit Empty
PostSubject: OK. First iteration of the CAN-AM Recoil System (w/T-34 Addon)   Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 6:04 pm

So the grey parts are the main body and the recoil slider. The green is the T-34 replacement mount as mine is cracked as well so it is beefed up a bit.

Clark's Recoil Kit Recoil10

Clark's Recoil Kit Recoil12
Ensuring no model interference...

Clark's Recoil Kit Recoil11
Assembled in max recoil(ish) position.

Still to do the Elevation Tail, and the two gears (Slider track and servo crescent)
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

Clark's Recoil Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark's Recoil Kit   Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 7:08 pm

That's really handy!! I should have got into 3D printing 2 years ago...! I found that you really have to sand these guys smooth but I like them.

Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Clark's Recoil Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark's Recoil Kit   Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 11:19 am

OK I understand that Clark's recoil system is a universal version.

Clark's Recoil Kit Recoil11

But can someone answer me some questions? What are the two long guide rails for? Elevation?
I know the upper square part is for centering the spring for elevation.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Clark's Recoil Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark's Recoil Kit   Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Clark's Recoil Kit Recoil13

Gears done... Gonna print this weekend with ABS first... If good then we are Wunderbar! Otherwise try with PLA...

Also going to try and make it a much nicer/more compact recoil system for servo... At a later time...
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Clark's Recoil Kit Empty
PostSubject: It has begun!   Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 4:51 pm

Clark's Recoil Kit 3d_pri10
So some simple things first... The T-34 component and the two gear pieces for the recoil set...

Clark's Recoil Kit 3d_pri12
The final items... ABS sure sticks to that bed really well... Great tolerances... Learned about where to add supports and such to prevent sagging... The T-34 adaptor snaps in place perfectly! WHOOT! Oversized hole in it to allow for recoil!

Clark's Recoil Kit 3d_pri11
Beginning the next stage... The Barrel and the elevation tab!

Clark's Recoil Kit 3d_pri13
Getting there...

Looks like the servo gear mounting hole may be a tad small... Will fix that later...

Last edited by Jarlath on Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Clark's Recoil Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark's Recoil Kit   Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 4:53 pm

These were done with good solid internals... Once I determine what works dimensionally on the prototypes, I'll try it with the el-cheapo ebay servos...
Back to top Go down
Tiger Power
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Tiger Power

Clark's Recoil Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark's Recoil Kit   Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 6:27 pm

I have one and extra for sale

Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Clark's Recoil Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark's Recoil Kit   Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 9:30 pm

Tiger just PM you.
Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

Clark's Recoil Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark's Recoil Kit   Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 11:49 pm

" .. The T-34 adapter snaps in place perfectly! WHOOT! Oversized hole in it to allow for recoil! '
Plus tougher plastic and more robust design to prevent stress fractures on the weak section.
( Lucky me, I have one for when bad stuff happens )
Thx Big Mike
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Clark's Recoil Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark's Recoil Kit   Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 8:30 am

knispel wrote:
" .. The T-34 adapter snaps in place perfectly! WHOOT! Oversized hole in it to allow for recoil! '
Plus tougher plastic and more robust design to prevent stress fractures on the weak section.
( Lucky me, I have one for when bad stuff happens )
Thx Big Mike

Did it fit? I am assuming it does!
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

Clark's Recoil Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark's Recoil Kit   Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Jarlath wrote:
These were done with good solid internals... Once I determine what works dimensionally on the prototypes, I'll try it with the el-cheapo ebay servos...

I hope you're still printing these little guys! I'd be up for one soon, and I'll look over my fleet and find out if I need more...

Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Clark's Recoil Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark's Recoil Kit   Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 4:04 pm

I have a 3rd generation being developed that will work in Panther/Stug/Sherman turrets (Side elevation) that are smaller in size.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clark's Recoil Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clark's Recoil Kit   Clark's Recoil Kit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clark's Recoil Kit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1