Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Gun stablization Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 6:35 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Gun stablization Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 12:17 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Gun stablization Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Gun stablization Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Gun stablization Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Gun stablization Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Gun stablization Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Gun stablization Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Gun stablization Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Gun stablization I_vote_lcapGun stablization I_voting_barGun stablization I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Gun stablization I_vote_lcapGun stablization I_voting_barGun stablization I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Chimo
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Maczek

Gun stablization

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Gun stablization Empty
PostSubject: Gun stablization   Gun stablization Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 4:30 pm

Hi all,

Dean recently showed me an intriguing item for sale on banggood:

Gun stablization Tb2fzo10 

I am no stranger to this CS-TK series electronics as I have seen it before (A Chinese based Tank MFU) and actually talked to Carson about it and when I was visited Hong Kong earlier this year. He had told me that the only limiting factor is that the board is configured using response from the board in Mandarin, so unless you speak mandarin, there is no way to configure the board properly.

However, I was not aware that there is a standalone module from them (CS-TK-SWB) that will allow main gun stabilization. After a quick confirmation from Carson that others has used this with other tank electronics, I bought the 4 that Carson has in stock and it arrived this past Monday.

I still have to work thru some details, and also brush up on my written chinese to understand the wiring hook-up, but it does appears that this is an add on to any tank electronics to create main gun stabilization. I will try to post some videos when I have a chance to fit this into one of my moderns. The really exciting part about this is that there is a Heng Long rotational unit input, so it is a plug any play even without servos.

Basically the connections are, starting from top left going down:
- Elevation Sensitivity Fine adjustment
- Elevation Gain Fine adjustment
- Elevation Servo input
- Rotation Servo Input
- Rotation Sensitivity Fine adjustment
- Rotation Gain adjustment 

Top right going down:
- External 2S/3S power input
- Stabilization on/off
- Rotational direction
- Heng Long rotational unit input
- Elevation Servo output
- Rotation Servo output

Gun stablization 46f6e410
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Gun stablization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun stablization   Gun stablization Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 6:36 pm

Gun stablization Tb2vic10
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Gun stablization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun stablization   Gun stablization Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 7:24 pm

Thanks Mike. I have the whole wiring diagram just in Chinese which I am somewhat rusty.
Back to top Go down
SYNTEX
Recruit

Gun stablization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun stablization   Gun stablization Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 4:12 pm

Hello! I'm very interested in knowing if someone suceeded plugging the CS TK SWB into the Tamiya Leo 2 A6... There is on the web a blogspot publication from Japan showing that J5 and J4 should be plugged on the left side and appearingly the guy succeeded as shown on the video he posted...
Thanks for helping!
JJ
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Gun stablization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun stablization   Gun stablization Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2018 8:37 pm

JJ, I think you meant P4 and P5 on the CS-TK-16 unit for the elevation and rotation. I have never tried it as I don't have a CS-TK-16 unit, just the SWB unit. If you look at the wiring diagram, once you have the SWB unit hook-up, it does look like the elevation and rotation on the CS-TK-16 will be stabilized so I don't doubt the blogspot claim.
Back to top Go down
SYNTEX
Recruit

Gun stablization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun stablization   Gun stablization Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 12:30 pm

Hello Mike! Thanks for your kind answer... I meant connecting the SWB onto the genuine Leo's Tamiya DMD 07... I saw this plugging on the web in two videos: the guy had succeeded connecting them together and it works really great, and also on a japanese? forum, I'm sending you the links... As on the video there is no explanation and as on the japanese blog Google's translation is almost impossible to understand, I wondered if someone here had this knowledge... Thank you!
JJ
Back to top Go down
SYNTEX
Recruit

Gun stablization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun stablization   Gun stablization Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 12:42 pm

Well, as I'm new on the forum I'm not allowed to post links!...

You can however find them on you tube looking for :
Tamiya 1:16 RC Leopard install a Gun Barrel stabilizing

The japanese blog pictures are hereafter...
Back to top Go down
SYNTEX
Recruit

Gun stablization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun stablization   Gun stablization Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 12:51 pm

...Our forum doesn't allow me to post pictures before 7 days!... Well, I'll try to describe the scheme showing the left side of the SWB : on the upper central conncetion is written T07-J5 and on the lower T07-J4...
Back to top Go down
SYNTEX
Recruit

Gun stablization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun stablization   Gun stablization Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 12:53 pm

(which in turn must be understood as J5 to the left and J4 to the right)... (Sorry!)...
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Gun stablization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun stablization   Gun stablization Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 3:37 pm

JJ, the SWB is just a simple controller with gyros built-in so I am sure it will work with the Tamiya LEO. I don't have the detail schematic of the SWB so I don't know where J5 or J4 is, but if you look at the label of the SWB, the left side connection is for elevation, and the right side is for rotation. The pots on the left is for minor and major adjustment for elevation and rotation. The right side rotation connector supports both servo and direct motor control, whereas only servo elevation is supported. 

I don't know much about the Tamiya Leo, but as long as it has servo elevation, and servo rotation OR direct motor rotation, then this will work.

Its a bit cheaper than the Tamiya GBS kit which is about $150 USD. I got the SWB for $30 USD each. I have installed one on a Heng Long M1A2 which I sold, and one in a Merkava III which I still have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gun stablization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun stablization   Gun stablization Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gun stablization

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1