Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 8:24 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Battle field improvements ?? I_vote_lcapBattle field improvements ?? I_voting_barBattle field improvements ?? I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Battle field improvements ?? I_vote_lcapBattle field improvements ?? I_voting_barBattle field improvements ?? I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Chimo
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Smittyburger

Battle field improvements ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Captain Action
of the Pan-Tiger Panzer Div.
Captain Action

Battle field improvements ?? Empty
PostSubject: Battle field improvements ??   Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Soo I think we should get a truck load of dirt dumped on the field and used to make hills, roads and cover the grass some. Its fall and maybe we coulds get a better deal on some dirt?
Tim can get us a price ( $60 to $120 ?) and we chip in to pay ? what do you think ?? About $10 bucks each or ??

Also if we get it before the next battle day we could have a work day for the local guys ( me too) to move it around to have it ready for battle this year ??

Also I think we should make the battle field a little wider , we have more tanks on the field and need some growing room.

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Battle field improvements ??   Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 11:35 pm

I can't help much because of the distance but I can pitch in on the $$$.
Let me know how much. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Battle field improvements ??   Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Maybe ask the dirt people for some of that 'crappy' clay dirt that nothing grows in... Wink

Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Battle field improvements ??   Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:02 pm

There is a challenge with clay, in that it can clump and be quite difficult to spread or rake and very "sticky" when wet. At least the clay in this area is well known locally for that.

We would have to be careful and check out what we would be getting to be sure that it can be worked the way we would like.

Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: Battle field improvements ??   Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:56 pm

I'm in. I can paypal Tim plus a little extra for coffee for the labourers . Let me know
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Captain Action
Captain Action

PostSubject: Re: Battle field improvements ??   Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Soil or compost will do.

First , do we like this idea.

Second ,Can we get a price locally. Tim, Glen ??

Third , Who can chip in .

I will chip in $20, me and the Pyromaniac God son.. Rolling Eyes
I think Stince is in.
knispel.

If you like the idea but cant chip in thats OK.

Last edited by Captain Action on Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Battle field improvements ??   Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:42 pm

If I lived closer I would volunteer to use my pick-up, but I will chip in $$.

Back to top Go down
real_hulu
Sergeant
Sergeant
real_hulu

PostSubject: Re: Battle field improvements ??   Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:50 pm

I will chip in $20 too Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Battle field improvements ??   Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:50 am

I'll get you guys a price quote. I am in for $20.
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Battle field improvements ??   Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 5:46 pm

I'll go for $20.00

However, IMHO, we need a plan as to what we would be trying to achieve, i.e. more topography, elevation for better drainage, etc.?

Also, it should be considered that for a while, it would be muddy if there has been any rain a day or two before a meet, and as time went on, it would grow grass and weeds, so whatever might be done would have to be easy to cut. Currently it takes about 2+ hours to get the field ready (1 hour and a bit with one person cutting, one weed whipping). We have had a season with little grass/weed growth this year bur normally, it would need cutting every 7 to 10 days to keep ahead of it; this is why I am saying setting it up for cutting is important.

I think the plans and goals would influence what type of material we get, and what quantity, assuming we go ahead.

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Battle field improvements ??   Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 4:47 pm

You might want to think about laying down some weed barriers to help with the maintenance. Laying down strips would help with the roads.

Maybe concrete for the some of the main roads? scratch

Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Battle field improvements ??   Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Depends on the volume we want to get but, we can for sure incorporate some of the existing hills into more rolling terrain features, plateau's etc.

I'm not sure which direction to plan this from Razz

Captain Action
Captain Action

PostSubject: Re: Battle field improvements ??   Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:42 pm

Rolling hills is the way to go so the sight look a little more like a country side and less like a lawn with some bumps. Love the idea of road ways on the hills and wider roads.

As I said in the past If you tarp over the grass it will Kill All the grass and weeds in about three days (hot days) and clear sections for a long time. I did a large sectio(4' x 25') in the back yard this summer in this way and nothing has grown back.

Also I can get free Rocks from work, they are not landscaping rocks, they are the kind they use to brick houses with. kind of square, big and smaller ones, may be good for the side of a cliff or some of the smaller ones could be used for rock walls. If they may be used i could bring out a lode if we get the dirt and I come out to help shovel...But I have to be told to bring them and they will be used ??? Vary Heavy..

PostSubject: Re: Battle field improvements ??   Battle field improvements ?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle field improvements ??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1