Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» THIS YEARS SHIRTS and HATS!!!
JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:34 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Yesterday at 5:22 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 3:35 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 12:15 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
JST Connectors - wrong style I_vote_lcapJST Connectors - wrong style I_voting_barJST Connectors - wrong style I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
JST Connectors - wrong style I_vote_lcapJST Connectors - wrong style I_voting_barJST Connectors - wrong style I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
Maczek
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey

JST Connectors - wrong style

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ukiewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ukiewolf

JST Connectors - wrong style Empty
PostSubject: JST Connectors - wrong style   JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2021 11:58 am

Can someone help me.  I am making some modifications to my Mato (*Newest 6.0S Henglong 1:16 TIGER I R/C Tank with Metal Upgrades and Steel Gearbox (360 Degree Rotation Turret IR and Airsoft Barrel Recoil Special Version)) and I bought some JST connectors and 2 pin male-female extensions.  Unfortunately, all of these connectors are the wrong shape and size.
Here is what I bought:

WMYCONGCONG 440 PCS 2.54mm JST-XHP 2 3 4 5 Pin Housing and Female Pin Header Terminal Connector Kit (2 3 4 5 Pin)
and
5Pcs 2Pins JST Sockets Connector Extension Cable Wire Harness for RC Battery

What SHOULD have I bought?  Many thanks again.

Last edited by Ukiewolf on Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Old_Tanker
Private

PostSubject: Re: JST Connectors - wrong style   JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2021 12:26 pm

Quick question... are you just plugging into the 'stock' HL 6.0 controller? I suppose it also depends what you are trying to extend?
Back to top Go down
Ukiewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ukiewolf

PostSubject: Re: JST Connectors - wrong style   JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2021 1:18 pm

I was initially trying to relocate my TK6.0 board and, if needed, extend any wires from the upper hull that could not reach.  The most critical was a new speaker but then new wires which I could make any length.  Unfortunately, I do not have the proper JST connectors.  (I thought I did  JST Connectors - wrong style 1f612 )

Old_Tanker
Private

PostSubject: Re: JST Connectors - wrong style   JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2021 1:29 pm

I thought it was a standard jst 2.54 female connector. I will double check when I get home, but I'm fairly certain.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: JST Connectors - wrong style   JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2021 4:28 pm

The Amazon listing that relates to has several comments that they are not JST-XH connectors. With the latching system on them they look like JST-XA styles.

http://www.mattmillman.com/info/crimpconnectors/common-jst-connector-types/
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Ukiewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ukiewolf

PostSubject: Re: JST Connectors - wrong style   JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2021 4:17 am

OK.  Thanks all.  So, just to confirm, are you saying 2.54 mm JST-XH is what I need?

Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: JST Connectors - wrong style   JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2021 8:45 am

Yes. Majority of all connections on HL/Taigen

JST Connectors - wrong style Hlandt10
boards are JST-XH connections.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: JST Connectors - wrong style   JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2021 8:47 am

Oh on the Taigen V3 MFU, the back up tail light is not a JST-XH either (Basically every connection on the right side of the image shown is non- JST-XH)
And the sound card ribbon connector is not JST-XH (You see the 4 pin cable in the above image..).
Back to top Go down
Ukiewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ukiewolf

PostSubject: Re: JST Connectors - wrong style   JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2021 10:57 am

Thanks Jarlath.  That link to Matt's Tech Pages and the subsequent pictures of MFU's has been very helpful.  Now I feel confident that the JST-XH are what I need.  I have also received a couple of crimpers and will see which one works best (PA-09 or SN-48B Ratcheting Crimping Tool).  If you have any ideas on these, please let me know.  Thanks again.

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: JST Connectors - wrong style   JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2021 2:12 pm

Its Imperial vs Metric. 2.54mm is exactly 1/10 of an inch and 2.5mm is the XH standard in metric. They are all JST (Joint Solderless Connector) technically.

You can usually use them interchangeably. That's why some plugs are tight and some plugs just fit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JST Connectors - wrong style   JST Connectors - wrong style Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JST Connectors - wrong style

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1