Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 5:26 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 5:08 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! I_vote_lcapIs that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! I_voting_barIs that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! I_vote_lcapIs that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! I_voting_barIs that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Maczek
treemagnet

Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 2:31 pm

So Hooben has been known to sell some unicorns in the past. When I saw an actual delivered Cromwell from a tanker in the UK I figure there might be a chance that it exists. So here it is. Of course not without shipping damage as Hooben is also well known for that as well. Metal chassis, plastic everything else, rubber rims and a Hooben MFU with a very solid looking Apple (Some mod version of Heng Long). Lights, MG, Servo and the much loved track recoil and tons of smokes. I will put in an IBU2U with Cromwell sound set when I am done drooling over it.

Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Img_3521
Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Img_3520
Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Img_3519
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 2:32 pm

Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Img_3523
Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Img_3522
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 2:32 pm

Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Img_3525
Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Img_3524
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 3:02 pm

Zinc gearboxes? Looks like itty-bity Mato speaker. Metal tracks? Metal Idler and sprocket?

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 3:39 pm

Looks like the Heng Long black metal gearbox. Is that Zinc ? Definitely itty-bity speaker. Plastic nylon tracks, metal sprockets and plastic idlers. Lots of 3D printed parts it appears. I will likely keep the integrated battle unit just need to figure out the wiring. It has a count system right now, when it is fully healthy all the LED will lit up, and then one by one they will go off and the tank dies when all of them are out. Kinda cute system but I don't have another Hooben to test it with. Also the MFU allows you to switch to an RC grade radio receiver combo.

Battery compartment is clever, just a cover. You plug in the battery and toss it inside.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2021 8:32 am

I did map out the Hooben wiring someplace... (I think when I first took apart the 1/10th Hetzer. Looks like the same MFU.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2021 8:58 am

Mike if you have that would be great. I didn’t know the Hezter kept the Hooben apple. It has a IC chip to control the 5 LED and seem to share the POS+ between the IR emitter and the sensor as far as I can tell. I was just going to take the IC completely out and just use the casing and re-wire everything directly.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 2:39 pm

Got an upgraded turret for my Cromwell  Very Happy (Painted and Built picture from Carson).

Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Img_3618
Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! 24440811
Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! 24438911
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 2:50 pm

Oh a Charioteer!
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 11:53 pm

My version done ! Ready for battle. 20 pounder = British's 88. Way longer than I expected. Turn out Hooben's green is Tamiya TS-2.

Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Img_3620
Back to top Go down
krijn
Private
krijn

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2022 3:28 pm

very nice, i'm keeping my Cromwell stock for now (aside different electronics)

Krijn

https://www.facebook.com/groups/975850753212371
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2023 8:47 pm

MikeC wrote:
My version done ! Ready for battle. 20 pounder = British's 88. Way longer than I expected. Turn out Hooben's green is Tamiya TS-2.

Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Img_3620

Yea that's definitely compensating for something!

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 9:31 am

Well it is Wojtek compensating for something now ! Although I think he doesn't care for the Charioteer turret and would be more than happy to part with it.
Back to top Go down
krijn
Private
krijn

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2023 4:25 pm

i do like long barrels, i have always had the feeling that them short guns are just not as powerful as same size long barreled guns, also mounting a howitzer on a tank means you just lost short range fire straight ahead as a howitzer is an "steep arch" weapon  and a normal gun is "slight arch" weapon.

i did have the Cromwell with me last weekend but i did not run it, just like the M60 and several others, Hendrik did run a lot of tanks, and not all of them where ours.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/975850753212371
treemagnet
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 5:42 pm

have the turret now if your interested
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2023 1:56 pm

Did you buy it from Wajtek  ?
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2023 2:05 pm

LOL. Can-Am RC Tank Club, where the tanks and parts just seem to switch owners on occasion.
LOL. Sometimes back to the original owner no less!
Back to top Go down
treemagnet
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2023 2:15 pm

I accuried it  Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! 1f601
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!   Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is that a Unicorn or is that a Hooben Cromwell ?!?!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1