Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» THIS YEARS SHIRTS and HATS!!!
Odessa military vehicle show this weekend Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 9:09 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Odessa military vehicle show this weekend Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Yesterday at 5:22 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Odessa military vehicle show this weekend Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 3:35 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
Odessa military vehicle show this weekend Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 12:15 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Odessa military vehicle show this weekend Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Odessa military vehicle show this weekend Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Odessa military vehicle show this weekend Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Odessa military vehicle show this weekend Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Odessa military vehicle show this weekend Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Odessa military vehicle show this weekend I_vote_lcapOdessa military vehicle show this weekend I_voting_barOdessa military vehicle show this weekend I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Odessa military vehicle show this weekend I_vote_lcapOdessa military vehicle show this weekend I_voting_barOdessa military vehicle show this weekend I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
Maczek
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey

Odessa military vehicle show this weekend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

Odessa military vehicle show this weekend Empty
PostSubject: Odessa military vehicle show this weekend   Odessa military vehicle show this weekend Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2022 8:33 pm

Hi all!

Sorry about the last minute notice on this, but we only discovered that this existed today.  There is apparently a group called the Ontario Military Vehicles Association which is doing a show this weekend at the Odessa fairground (which would be about 3 hours east of Toronto).  They are apparently bringing tanks, and from what we've heard, this is an annual thing.

The websites are:

https://www.facebook.com/OMVAFrontenac/

https://www.omva.ca/

My wife and I are planning to take the family to the fairground on Saturday, and scout it out for possible RC tank activity if anybody wants us to.  That said, does anybody want to join us there in checking it out?

(As I said, this is REALLY last minute, and I apologize - the first we heard about this, we thought it was somebody bringing a tank to run over cars at the Odessa Fair two weeks from now...my wife only discovered it was something different today.)

Further to this, if nobody from either club can join us but the grounds look good for bringing RC tanks into the mix, would anybody like me to try to make contact with the organizers of the event on behalf of the clubs?
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Odessa military vehicle show this weekend   Odessa military vehicle show this weekend Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2022 12:16 am

I am already in touch with the Vice president. This is a big battle weekend for us so not sure if anyone else will make it.

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Odessa military vehicle show this weekend   Odessa military vehicle show this weekend Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2022 9:25 am

dgsselkirk wrote:
I am already in touch with the Vice president. This is a big battle weekend for us so not sure if anyone else will make it.

Right then...we'll just go and enjoy ourselves today...
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Odessa military vehicle show this weekend   Odessa military vehicle show this weekend Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2022 9:21 pm

Hope you and the family had a great day. The weather was absolutely wonderful on the KW Tank field today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Odessa military vehicle show this weekend   Odessa military vehicle show this weekend Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 9:15 am

Jarlath wrote:
Hope you and the family had a great day. The weather was absolutely wonderful on the KW Tank field today.

It was good in Odessa too - hot, but not too humid (although the humidity did arrive by the evening).

So...if I had to describe it, I think I might do it as the scaled-down version of Aquino.  There were around 12-18 military vehicles at a VERY rough estimate, most of which were APCs of one sort or another (many of which were left open so that people could go in and sit down).  There were two tanks, a Sherman and a smaller tank I couldn't identify.  A few German re-enactors had shown up, and, I'm told, were doing battle re-enactments with the Sherman (we apparently arrived right after they had parked the Sherman after one, and we had to leave a little bit before they were planning to start the next).  There were also free APC rides, one of which we got grandfathered into when it turned out that they had to switch vehicles...to the one we were sitting in at the time.

(The Sherman was actually brought by the Ontario Regiment Museum, and a conversation with one of the people running it revealed a very interesting piece of news.  Apparently, there is a very wealthy private collector, whose name escapes me at the moment, who is not only likely to be providing the parts to Bovington to extend Tiger 131's running life, but is also on track to have TWO Tiger 1s and a King Tiger in running condition by the end of the year.  Sadly, this fellow does not have a museum, so God only knows if anybody other than him will get to enjoy these tanks.)

As far as future potential involvement goes, I found at least two good candidate spots for RC tanks.  Most the grass was short (and brown, sad to say), but there was a covered area where the vendors were located, and in its shadow the grass was longer and greener.

I do have pictures on my phone, I just haven't gotten around to uploading them to my laptop yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odessa military vehicle show this weekend   Odessa military vehicle show this weekend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Odessa military vehicle show this weekend

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1