Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 10:07 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 7:46 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 I_vote_lcapNew Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 I_voting_barNew Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 I_vote_lcapNew Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 I_voting_barNew Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Chimo
Jarlath
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Maczek

New Tamiya Tank

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tamiya Tank    New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 9:02 am

With that much speaker box, it should have very nice loud bass sounds...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: New Tamiya Tank    New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2019 11:10 pm

Tamiya really step up their game (finally) with this release of the new DMD. Everything is adjustable on the LCD, and it is under the engine deck with a magnet cover so you can adjust everything on the fly. Battery compartment is again magnet panel on the side, so there is no need to open up the tank at all. The top of the turret is also magnet to the lower, so if you need to, you can open it up (again no reason to at all).

Here what you see normally, and what you have underneath if you do choose to open up the tank just to have a peek. You can even reset the battle system on the LCD panel (i.e. no need to shut the tank on/off to reset hit count from stray shots). 

Very impressed I must say.

New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Dscn2629

New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Dscn2631
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: New Tamiya Tank    New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 3:23 pm

Just decided to RTFM and then realized that the DMD actually tracks the number of hits received, number of hits made and also number of times destroyed on the LCD (If you look closely, the first third icons on the left side are actually little tanks sending hits, taking hits and times destroyed.

Did I say Tamiya is stepping up this time !?!?
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: New Tamiya Tank    New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 4:07 pm

So it can tell if a shot it made, was received? Nice!

Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: New Tamiya Tank    New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 4:15 pm

Hmmmm...... Good question Chris. I didn't even think about that. It certainly has the icon for the number of shots fired, but that's kinda useless info. But then how the hell would it know that it has hit something ? Unless Tamiya really has something up its sleeves, I think it is just the number of shots fired, and NOT number of hits.
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: New Tamiya Tank    New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 4:36 pm

That's exactly what I had in mind. How would it know? But then again, why is it counting it? Question

Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: New Tamiya Tank    New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 5:22 pm

Well the best I have seen is still with MAKO boards. They embedded a Tank ID into every shot, so if you get hit, there will be a record of who hit you and you can see the end result at the end of the game with a custom LCD panel.

Anyway, yeah I am not too sure why you want to track how many shots you have fired but if you do, the new DMD will tell you !

Wondering if this is sign of things to come from Tamiya. Maybe they do have bigger plans for their Battle System.
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: New Tamiya Tank    New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2019 7:27 pm

That's pretty slick! Too bad it's in.. a Sheridan... Wink 

Yea I cannot imagine a way to communicate into like shots-on-target, that'd require something beyond IR communication.

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: New Tamiya Tank    New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 12:45 am

Final pictures....... and a peek inside the turret with the patch board. Controls for this new DMD is as follow:

Multi Control (MC) stick up 100% - Fire main gun
MC stick stick up/down 80% - servo elevation up/down
MC stick down 100% - MG

MC stick right 100% -Spot light trigger
MC stick left 100% - head/brake/convey light setting (3 different set)
MC stick left/right 80% - Turret rotation with standard issue motor drive

MC stick right/down 100% - Turn engine sound on/off

Very similar to the IBU control set-up.

New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Dscn2632
New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Dscn2634
New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Dscn2633
Back to top Go down
BarryC
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
BarryC

PostSubject: Re: New Tamiya Tank    New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2019 5:49 pm

Looks great Michael! cheers

Mine will have to wait until I at least finish the Abrams.

Barry
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: New Tamiya Tank    New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 7:57 am

BarryC wrote:

Barry

That still the Tusk I? Haven't seen an update here for awhile...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
BarryC
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
BarryC

PostSubject: Re: New Tamiya Tank    New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 1:43 pm

Jarlath wrote:
BarryC wrote:

Barry

That still the Tusk I? Haven't seen an update here for awhile...
It is, I've beening keep build log current on RCTW but have not posted here in quite awhile. Sometimes I think I spend too much time posting and not enough building.

I am now working on the plethora of small details. Smile

Barry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Tamiya Tank    New Tamiya Tank  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Tamiya Tank

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3