Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Danville, VA Icon_minitimeby Maczek Today at 3:46 pm

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Danville, VA Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 12:17 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Danville, VA Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Danville, VA Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Danville, VA Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Danville, VA Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Danville, VA Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Danville, VA Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Danville, VA Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Danville, VA I_vote_lcapDanville, VA I_voting_barDanville, VA I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Chimo
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Smittyburger

Danville, VA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 8:28 pm

I know this is early, but I'm going to put it out there for anyone who might be interested in a Journey to Danville, Virginia in April 2013. I will be going for the weekend to take in the Tank Museum and the R/C Tank Battles. If you want to come along and need to make arrangments for maybe a day off from work (might need the Monday off for the return journey) it's good to know ahead of time. I haven't finalized the dates for going or coming back, but would be willing to discuss with any interested parties.

If not, I'm goin solo...

Stinger

Can-Am Tank Club <<< Web site link

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member2.html
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:44 pm

I'm interested. As far as I know I can legally cross the border Wink , I just currently do not have a passport!

Are they holding any particular event in April?

...and I have to ask, what specs would our tanks have to meet to be Danville legal? Wink

Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:34 pm

I beleive it's a Museum open house/display day along with an R/C battle weekend. The actual dates are April 28th & 29th. All the rules and regulations are located on this Museum web page for anyone wanting to check it out.

http://www.aaftankmuseum.com/Battlefield0204.htm

Hey Strato, your welcome aboard for sure, but, you will need to apply for you passport soon. You still have plenty of time, but I wouldn't wait too much longer.

I also noticed we are not on the list of Tank Clubs on their site, so I will contact them and have us added.

Off their web site...This is their big event of the year.

Next Military Extravaganza
April 27 & 28, 2013 10 ~ 5
Admission prices that apply for April 27th & 28th, 2013 event:
$15 Adults, $13.00 under 12 or over 60

http://www.aaftankmuseum.com/Extravaganza.htm

Advance Tickets will be availalbe starting March 1, 2013

For Ticket Information 434-836-5323 or E-MAIL

Stinger

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
Lincs Winks Wayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Extravaganza 2013   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 12:23 am

Stinger:

My wife and I were headed there this year with hotel booked and tickets purchased, the week before our 4 year old grand daughter's sitter had to take a week off and we had to cancel to baby sit.

I got to know Natasha and Karen at the Museum and they were very helpful with weekend info and I also have been back and forth many times searching out all the internal parts for my Leopard 2A6.

We may still want to go this coming year so please keep us in mind.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 12:49 am

Certainly will, I figure if I take my car, I can take 3 passengers, if I go with the Avalanche (more room for our tanks..lol) I can take 4 passengers. Once anyone can confirm with me they are 100%, I will consider the spots taken. Of course if we get enough people, we can always take more than one vehicle.

I think it will be a great weekend. I'm almost excited about going now and it next spring....lol

Stinger

Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:05 am

I don't know if I'll be allowed in, I made one of the host guys quit last spring during a big discussion about the use of the fan shot at Danville. Rolling Eyes

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10813308/mpage_4/key_/tm.htm

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:37 am

After reading the thread, it looks like cooler heads have prevailed into a good healthy discussion. I think your good. So, count you in ? lol

Stinger

Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:52 am

Remember Derek, they probably don't know what you look like... !

Stince
General
General
Stince

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 4:38 pm

But what if they ID me? pale

Stinson = Stince

Hmmm.....not the most creative user name. scratch

Back to top Go down
Captain Action
of the Pan-Tiger Panzer Div.
Captain Action

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Tell them your Captain Action, they will all Love You then.Rolling Eyes Also tell them Tamiya Sucks, good old Captain A... and tell them Canada burned down the white house twice, ya need any pointers on being popular just ask.cheers Sounds like it will be a fun trip. I hope I dont post anything bad on RCU as you guys are driving down and get you in hot water... na I would never do that ... na..

General
General
Stince

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Captain Action wrote:
Tell them your Captain Action

I would, but I'm too good looking for it work. Cool

Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 6:20 pm

if you hear Banjo music you better go the other way don't take any wrong turns....lol
Back to top Go down
http://mdart8.wix.com/a-custom-rc-tanks  http://www.rcuniverse.c
knispel
Retired
knispel

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 8:46 pm

Yeee Haaa
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Just puttin this back out there being that we are now in 2013.

Keep it in mind as I still plan on going.

Wonders if we can set up a table for the club ?

Stinger

Back to top Go down
Lincs Winks Wayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Stinger wrote:
Just puttin this back out there being that we are now in 2013.

Keep it in mind as I still plan on going.

Wonders if we can set up a table for the club ?

Stinger

I assume you guys know that the April Museum Extravaganza has been canceled.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:55 pm

Captain
Captain
Stinger

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 9:07 pm

My understanding was only the flamethrower demo and tank car crush has been cancelled. Everything else is still a go. That's what I was told.

Stinger

Back to top Go down
TeTris MoNk
Sergeant
Sergeant
TeTris MoNk

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 6:44 pm

Tank car crush was cancelled? Someone call Arnold Schwarzenegger!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIhixEpK-Cw
Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Glen, you are absolutely correct that the April thing is totally cancelled.

It has however been rescheduled to what is being stated as the biggest and best one yet...here's the post.

"Please note the absence of the April date. The May date has been designated for the 10th Aniversary of the RC Tank Battlefield. This will be the BIG RC tank event for 2013 sponsored by NEAD & HEAT just as we did for the Exravaganza. For those looking forward to the largest tank event of the year at Danville this is the event. Dana and I are working on the details with the invaluable support of our club members...so stay tuned. We are planning some special events that we couldn't offer due to the other non RC events. The RC event will be expanded and have even more to offer the RC tankers. If you are a RC tankers looking for a great time, plan now to attend the May 10th thru 12th, 2013 Battleweekend. "

So the new date is May10th-12th

I will reset my days off for May if anyone is intersted in going, let me know asap. I will be going for sure.

Stinger

Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 3:18 pm

I went to the web site a few weeks ago to check things out ( again ) . But this update makes it more enticing than ever . They sure put on a great show .
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Adman
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:20 am

Has this been rescheduled for May? If so, I'm thinking of heading down there.
Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:07 am

Funny you should ask, just last night I was on RCU trying to find out if the May thing was still going and there is no info on the site whatsoever. If they are looking to build excitement over a 10th anniversay for the May event, they are doing a poor job.

I went to the host clubs site and couldn't find anything there either. So, I'm not really sure what's going on to be honest.

Stinger

Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:54 am

Captain
Captain
Stinger

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:15 pm

Yes, I found the dates too, but nothing to do with any kind of specail 10th anniversay deal....that weekend in May was supposed to be something special but you would not know for looking at any of the web sites that have it listed, so I'm not sure if it's still on.

Back to top Go down
Adman
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:12 pm

I found this posted on the Danville march event post on the RC universe forum. A little hidden, but it's something.

"The May event for the 10th Aniversary of the RC Tank battlefield will be the biggest tank event of the year. It replaces the April Extravaganza for 2013. Those of you who never made it to that event should now kick yourselves in the butt for not attending the event. You missed once in a lifetime opportunity at the AAF Tank Museum.

I am hoping to get some special events and hands on tank experiences just for the RC tankers at the 10th Aniversary event....so stay tuned. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Danville, VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danville, VA   Danville, VA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Danville, VA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next