Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 12:17 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» New tank headed to DGS Military Hobby paint shop! :-)
Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 pm

» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeby Chimo Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Drive Train Question I_vote_lcapDrive Train Question I_voting_barDrive Train Question I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Drive Train Question I_vote_lcapDrive Train Question I_voting_barDrive Train Question I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Chimo
treemagnet
Shoveler74
AngryMonkey
Smittyburger

Drive Train Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
knispel
Retired
knispel

Drive Train Question Empty
PostSubject: Drive Train Question   Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 8:34 pm

I have a question for you engineering types.
The final drive train for this gear box consists of two different size drive gears with two different size corresponding idlers.
What is the purpose of this dual gear drive set up? Why not just one idler and gear?

Drive Train Question Drive_10
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Drive Train Question   Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 11:39 pm

Hmmm never noticed that. Maybe to reduce the load on the single plastic drive shaft gear by spreading over two different ones ? As to why the ratio is different I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Drive Train Question   Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 11:54 pm

What manufacturer is that gearbox and any other images?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Drive Train Question   Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 12:43 am

Its from the Snowcat....... Graupner/ Kyosho Pistenbully Blizzard DX
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Drive Train Question   Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 9:10 am

Drive Train Question Kyosho10

So it looks like you have dual gearing. You just need to ensure only one set of setscrews secures the final drive gears.
Inside set screws = High Speed. I found a copy of the manual (in PDF) in case anyone needs one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Drive Train Question   Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 9:19 am

Interesting. When I got the kit it was already half built including the gearbox, so I have no idea whether it is set for high torque or high speed. Ed, unless you are racing Chris' snowcat you should probably set it to high torque for plowing your driveway.......... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: Drive Train Question   Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 3:47 pm

The gearbox on mine is completely different. First of all, the gears are all plastic. Not sure how I haven't stripped them out yet. I'm not positive but I believe you have the single motor/original setup.
Cheers

Drive Train Question 2-14-210
Drive Train Question 2-14-211

Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Drive Train Question   Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 4:36 pm

No its a dual motor sets. Just really old set-up. The original.

History of the Kyosho Blizzard:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/rcsnowcats/history-of-the-kyosho-blizzard-t286.html

Drive Train Question Timeli10
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: Drive Train Question   Drive Train Question Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 8:05 pm

The Blizzard 2.0 is the newest now. A friend of mine has a DX nitro. I have yet to see it run though. Mine is the SR.

PostSubject: Re: Drive Train Question   Drive Train Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drive Train Question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1