Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Issues with atak zimmerit
Gepard parts Icon_minitimeby ZackM Yesterday at 9:37 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Gepard parts Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:09 pm

» Churchill Crocodile
Gepard parts Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:42 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Gepard parts Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:55 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Gepard parts Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:20 pm

» Last order of TARR smokers...
Gepard parts Icon_minitimeby Smittyburger Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:14 pm

» Stug (why can't i have a 4 letter title)
Gepard parts Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:52 pm

» WHAT IS THIS?
Gepard parts Icon_minitimeby MikeC Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:35 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Gepard parts Icon_minitimeby Maczek Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:50 pm

Top posting users this month
MikeC
Gepard parts I_vote_lcapGepard parts I_voting_barGepard parts I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
Abteilung 506
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
ZackM
mx_599
Smittyburger
Negaduck

Gepard parts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Gepard parts Empty
PostSubject: Gepard parts   Gepard parts Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 2:19 pm

Does anyone has spare parts lying around for this baby ? Leo 1A4 chassis gearbox etc ?

Gepard parts S-l16019
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Gepard parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gepard parts   Gepard parts Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2020 11:54 pm

It turns out afv-model in Germany has a whole page worth of mechanical bits mostly for the turret. Also you need to know German to find it. Apparently "Gepard" means "Cheetah" in German..... Very Happy  

https://afv-model.com/suchen

Now I am a happy camper.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Gepard parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gepard parts   Gepard parts Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 6:11 am

MikeC wrote:
It turns out afv-model in Germany has a whole page worth of mechanical bits mostly for the turret. Also you need to know German to find it. Apparently "Gepard" means "Cheetah" in German..... Very Happy  

Now I am a happy camper.

Maybe? On their website....
Quote :
04/03/2020 Current information about the Corona virus:
Due to the increasing spread of the Corona virus and the associated derivation or delivery restrictions, shipping to some destinations is currently not possible. (outside of the EU)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Gepard parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gepard parts   Gepard parts Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 9:26 am

I will give it a go when I have the funds from recent sales. Not in a rush anyway, and it might take me just long to come up with some DIY solutions. There is way too many moving parts in the turret to have individual DIY solutions for each. As is I am already DIYing the tracking radar at the rear of the turret.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Gepard parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gepard parts   Gepard parts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 11:57 am

Wow showed up today in shrink wrap. Must be a re-issue ? $400 USD ? I am almost afraid to rip it open. Still need to figure out if I need factory gearbox or can retro fit.

Gepard parts Dscn2729
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Gepard parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gepard parts   Gepard parts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 3:51 pm

Other than suspension, pretty sure you need to DIY all the other gearboxes/turret movements. (Unless you get a Tamiya gearbox set...)
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Gepard parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gepard parts   Gepard parts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 4:00 pm

It actually gives you the gearbox hosing but no gears. Yes I am indeed going to purchase the Tamiya gearbox and all the other turret bits from afv provided that they ship to this side of the pond. Not going to shell out the turret rotation though as they are asking for 129 euro for that alone (?!?!?!). The rest of the hardware is much more reasonable for custom build sets.

As you can tell I did open it and all is well. 2011 is what was on the instruction.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Gepard parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gepard parts   Gepard parts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2020 11:17 am

Jarlath wrote:
MikeC wrote:

Now I am a happy camper.

Quote :
Due to the increasing spread of the Corona virus and the associated derivation or delivery restrictions, shipping to some destinations is currently not possible. (outside of the EU)

I guess they are not shipping outside of EU as posted. I have a UK contact I suppose but then I won't get the VAT discount which is substantial (19%) and double the postage although that won't be much. I did try to buy stuff anyway online in their shopping cart and it tells me that the total amount doesn't qualify. I guess they will make an exception if it is more than 6,000 euro......... Sad

So onto the to-do shelf, after the PUMA, Tamiya L70 and Tamiya M1A2..........
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

Gepard parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gepard parts   Gepard parts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2020 12:38 pm

I've been wondering if you ever finished the Puma.  thumbs up

Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Gepard parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gepard parts   Gepard parts Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 10:37 pm

MikeC wrote:
Jarlath wrote:
MikeC wrote:

Now I am a happy camper.

Quote :

I guess they are not shipping outside of EU as posted. I have a UK contact I suppose but then I won't get the VAT discount which is substantial (19%) and double the postage although that won't be much. I did try to buy stuff anyway online in their shopping cart and it tells me that the total amount doesn't qualify. I guess they will make an exception if it is more than 6,000 euro......... Sad

So onto the to-do shelf, after the PUMA, Tamiya L70 and Tamiya M1A2..........

This will indeed be my next project. Dom at RCtank.de carries AFV parts so I am good to go. Arriving anytime now.........
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Gepard parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gepard parts   Gepard parts Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 10:43 pm

A guy on FB is thinking of selling an incomplete Tamiya Gen 1 Gepard (Missing a bunch of stuff like tracks and rear radar unit.)
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Gepard parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gepard parts   Gepard parts Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2020 9:16 am

Thanks Big Mike. I have all the parts i need other than the rotation ring so I am in much better shape than the FB one.

Anyone has a Heng Long or Tamiya rotation ring they can sell to me ?
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Gepard parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gepard parts   Gepard parts Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2020 11:51 pm

Wow start building this Display version (DIY RC) and even though the metal parts are the same as the RC version, they certainly skim on little things. Road wheels and rollers are mounted to the swing arms using poly-caps ! Remember those babies ? If you have built any Tamiya 1/48 RCs you would have encountered them. all the road wheels and rollers are press-ons.

The track tensioner appears to be the same as the RC version, and so is the metal sprockets. Suspension is the same as the RC version.
Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

Gepard parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gepard parts   Gepard parts Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2020 1:31 am

I have a Leopard 1im still working on it but I put it on the shelf since I got the 3d printer  going to get back to it hopefully soon there are a few that I want to get back to working on soon I have  a health issue right now hoping that works out 😥

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Gepard parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gepard parts   Gepard parts Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 3:46 pm

Quick update. Got some pieces from AFV via RCtank.de. Gun elevation unit frame and front radar rotation and elevation unit. Still have to put in own servo and mechanicals for the gun elevation as well as rear radar rotation. Not going to put in rear motor elevation as there is currently already 4 servos in the turret (nano 360 for rear radar, Full size servo for gun elevation, nano again for front rear elevation and micro 350 servo for rotation). Also DIY turret rotation and thanks to Big Mike for the turret ring !

Gepard parts Img_3315

Thanks Mike for the 3D turret ring.

Gepard parts Img_3313

Full size servo for gun elevation, the AFV frame for internal mechanic's and the bottom of the front radar rotation unit.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Gepard parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gepard parts   Gepard parts Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 3:50 pm

Gepard parts Img_3316
Top of the front radar rotation unit

Gepard parts Img_3317

Nano 360 servo embedded in the rear radar unit. 

Gepard parts Img_3318

Display model Leo 1 chassis. I was told that Gepard is a little shorter but can't tell. Heng Long gear set with IBU2U Leo 1 sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gepard parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gepard parts   Gepard parts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gepard parts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1